• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting is that Bob wants to threaten us with taking away his deals from cigar pass and selling to another board. Perhaps he doesn't realize how close knit the different communities are. If that's the case, if he cheeses off this site, he doesn't realize his business will be affect on another board. Aye dios mio, que bruto!

Emo

This is just hilarious. I knew this was going to be a humdinger :D Yehaa pass the popcorn over here Georgie...

I have ordered from Ian and I was ready to stand up for him because my deal, honestly went without a hitch. Now I am questioning who was I really dealing with. Ian or Bob?

By the way has anyone ever seen them together at a party hmmmm :whistling:

benjiev said:
This is just hilarious. I knew this was going to be a humdinger :D Yehaa pass the popcorn over here Georgie...

I have ordered from Ian and I was ready to stand up for him because my deal, honestly went without a hitch. Now I am questioning who was I really dealing with. Ian or Bob?

[snapback]283619[/snapback]​
While they might be inseperable, I don't think they are a couple. MattR should be relieved though.

Emo

benjiev said:

[snapback]283619[/snapback]​

In defense of Ian... I am told by very reliable sources they are in fact two different individuals. Ian, I'm told, is a very stand up guy. :thumbs:

Bob, on the other hand... :angry2:

I feel so sorry for Ian having anything to do with Bob... :(

ggiese said:
In defense of Ian... I am told by very reliable sources they are in fact two different individuals. Ian, I'm told, is a very stand up guy. :thumbs:

Bob, on the other hand... :angry2:

I feel so sorry for Ian having anything to do with Bob... :(
[snapback]283625[/snapback]​

Way to ruin it BOB!

Gotta love the internet where someone can put their size 11's in there mouth in public. I think Ian needs to find a new supplier!

I have a concern about the direction this thread has gone. :(

By most everything I have read, members of CP consider Ian a standup guy. Good products, good service, good prices. I have not ordered from him, so I cannot speak to this from a personal basis. It just seems that he is well respected and generally liked. I did talk to Jim (mrjinglesusa) and he has ordered from Ian several times. Nothing but good things to say.

Now, Bob, on the otherhand, comes in here for a total of 2 posts and pisses everyone off. He was out of line with what he said, how he said it, and should not have used Ian's login.

All that said, this current dialogue could serve to do a couple of things. One, it could cost CP the deals that Ian puts up. Can you find some of the cigars cheaper? Maybe, but they are still really good deals. Two, if Bob gets pissed off enough, it could cost Ian his business. I don't really care about Bob, but I think Ian deserves our respect and consideration here. This continuing dialogue has the potential to cause real problems for Ian...I just don't want to see that happen. I think there are a lot of CP members that would agree with me there.

Just my 0.02. I don't think we should kiss Bob's a$$, but I also don't think we should sabotage some of CP's internet deals and one of CP's best online retailers.

Bob, Ian, Jack MeOff, ya just lost my vote...

either log on and say sorry or forget it.... ???

I did an order with Ian, and mentioned the higher shipping quoted... but not that it stopped me from ordering of course! I got my order very timely and noticed the shipping charged was NOT as was priced on the order checkout, but a much better price. not sure if it was an innaccurate quote or fixed by Ian, but either way I was VERY happy, and will order again...

Bob... not a way to win more customers!

I appreciate what everyone has said, but Bob needs to make his own apology. Just apologize Bob. It’s that easy.

benjiev said:
I think Ian needs to find a new supplier!
[snapback]283631[/snapback]​

From my understanding, Ian is an employee of ob's B&M store and Bob allows him to sell some cigars over the internet. I could be wrong but I don't think he can "find a new supplier". As Scot said, the way this thread has gone may make Bob rethink letting Ian sell his cigars online.

seadub said:
So I want to end this right now. I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

I am going to ask you once to let everyone know that you don't have all the Padron 1926s in stock... so someone doesn't place an order (like I did) only to find out you don't have them 'all in stock.'

I'm a little pissed that I feel I was mislead by your site (which showed you had them available, even down to the number). Please be fair and let everyone know.

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)

I had resolved this situation with Ian, privately. Then Bob decided to add his 2cents. I do not want to see ill-will amoung other people who had nothing to do with the entire situation. So thanks to Bob for making a privately-handled situation a now public matter that has numerous heads spinning. All I asked for was a clarificaiton about what was 'in-stock' and I didn't feel at all out of line. Bob, when you know your website has an issue then it is your job to advertise fairly.

Lastly... I want to apologize to any of the members who took offense to this. It was not your issue. I am truly sorry (humbly bows head) that you may have developed any hard feelings because of this, that was certainly not my intent.
[snapback]283453[/snapback]​

I'm not sure why you felt "pissed" that an item you wanted to order wasn't in stock. Happened to me several times - them's the breaks. How is that unfair? Really, it's not that big of a deal and was in no way misleading. You didn't pay any money and lost nothing. I hope that is not why this thread went downhill and made Bob feel he had to come on here and post what he did.

I hope that is not why this thread went downhill

tobaccoleaf1 said:
It seems to me some people on here just can't wait for retailers to make mistakes so they bash them. Ian offers real good deals on Padrons I could very well sell in my store but I help him to supply you guys with these great offers because he is trying to grow his internet business. So keep bashing and the Padron offers will stop on Cigar Pass. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY FORUM TO SELL VERY HARD TO GET CIGARS AT DISCOUNT PRICES. Again this is not Ian but the supplier of the cheap Padrons.
[snapback]283393[/snapback]​

This is why the thread went downhill.

jabba said:
I hope that is not why this thread went downhill

tobaccoleaf1 said:
It seems to me some people on here just can't wait for retailers to make mistakes so they bash them. Ian offers real good deals on Padrons I could very well sell in my store but I help him to supply you guys with these great offers because he is trying to grow his internet business. So keep bashing and the Padron offers will stop on Cigar Pass. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY FORUM TO SELL VERY HARD TO GET CIGARS AT DISCOUNT PRICES. Again this is not Ian but the supplier of the cheap Padrons.
[snapback]283393[/snapback]​

This is why the thread went downhill.
[snapback]283664[/snapback]​

Which he explained was in response to the PM he got. I, for one, do not want Ian to stop offering the specials he does here on CP. 1926s and '64s below MSRP on more than one occasion.

Lastly, I have dealt with Ian and Billboard Tobacco on several occasions. Myself, and countless others, have never had any issues with Ian's prices, shipping, etc. I have also seen a lot of specials that people jumped on and subsequently posted in the thread how happy they were with their cigars and the price they got them at. Ian has, on a regular basis, offered up fantastic deals (including this one) on good cigars at prices often below MSRP and often with free shipping.

Despite his reputation and track record, it seems people are all too eager to jump on him and potentially put his business at risk.

For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99? Anyone? Didn't think so.

With all the retailers who have posted here trying to gouge members of CP, Ian has always (at least in my eyes) been regarded as one of the good guys. It's sad that people are so willing to forget that.

Bob has nothing to gain by pissing us off. He has nothing to gain by cutting off Ian.

Sounds like he wants to cut off his nose to spite his face. He seems to be a poor businessman.

cigardawg said:
I have a concern about the direction this thread has gone. :(

By most everything I have read, members of CP consider Ian a standup guy. Good products, good service, good prices. I have not ordered from him, so I cannot speak to this from a personal basis. It just seems that he is well respected and generally liked. I did talk to Jim (mrjinglesusa) and he has ordered from Ian several times. Nothing but good things to say.

Now, Bob, on the otherhand, comes in here for a total of 2 posts and pisses everyone off. He was out of line with what he said, how he said it, and should not have used Ian's login.

All that said, this current dialogue could serve to do a couple of things. One, it could cost CP the deals that Ian puts up. Can you find some of the cigars cheaper? Maybe, but they are still really good deals. Two, if Bob gets pissed off enough, it could cost Ian his business. I don't really care about Bob, but I think Ian deserves our respect and consideration here. This continuing dialogue has the potential to cause real problems for Ian...I just don't want to see that happen. I think there are a lot of CP members that would agree with me there.

Just my 0.02. I don't think we should kiss Bob's a$$, but I also don't think we should sabotage some of CP's internet deals and one of CP's best online retailers.
[snapback]283633[/snapback]​

I'm glad I'm not the only one that figured that out, I just hope more people will understand it.

mrjinglesusa said:
Lastly, I have dealt with Ian and Billboard Tobacco on several occasions. Myself, and countless others, have never had any issues with Ian's prices, shipping, etc. I have also seen a lot of specials that people jumped on and subsequently posted in the thread how happy they were with their cigars and the price they got them at. Ian has, on a regular basis, offered up fantastic deals (including this one) on good cigars at prices often below MSRP and often with free shipping.

Despite his reputation and track record, it seems people are all too eager to jump on him and potentially put his business at risk.

For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99? Anyone? Didn't think so.

With all the retailers who have posted here trying to gouge members of CP, Ian has always (at least in my eyes) been regarded as one of the good guys. It's sad that people are so willing to forget that.
[snapback]283669[/snapback]​

I think it's abundently clear that Ian is a good guy. Bob, on the other hand...

Bob has threatened everyone here that he is going to take his ball and go home. Given he is Ian's supplier, I'd say Ian's not going to be offering up special's in the future... Ian is able to post his specials on here - FREE OF CHARGE - and he has OBVIOUSLY generated some business because of it. From the sounds of Bob's post, that may have very well ended...

Now - is that Ian's fault? Or is it some CP member's fault who don't take to some idiot coming on here puffing his chest and acting like a fool - threatening to put an end to cigar sales? Or is it BOB's fault...

I gotta say - I'm not selling out for some low priced Padron's. Sorry, I like 'em, but I'd rather spend a few more bucks than deal with an assclown like Bob.

Bob - you wanna be an ass in Ian's name - more power to ya... I don't know what your internet business is like, but you have certainly seriously jeopardized the good will Ian has generated at this site. And it was all FREE to you - Rod wasn't charging you for posting your special's.

Jim - you like Billboard Tobacco? Call up Bob and have a conversation with him. I think you'll have a slightly different view of their operation... ;)

"Actually, tobaccoleaf1 would represent the right hand man to tobaccoleaf. At least if you were to look at it in a Naval perspective."
E

From a Naval perspective, that would be starboard.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back