• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PGA vs LIV

Not to get into politics, but we are our own worst enemy when it comes to China. Go to any store you want to and over 75% of the inventory is made in China. The Saudi issue is more complicated because they have oil that is a world economy product and control its flow.
Now back to golf, without a TV contract or sponsorship deal how can they grow fans as has been stated before. They couldn't even get enough fans to watch in person.
I agree Tony. I don't think this is about an investment, I don't believe they could ever get the TV advertising to recoup the money. It must be about political or demographical juxtaposition.

**Disclaimer - I heard this on the radio and haven't fact checked it** The guy on the radio this am said that 15 of the huge sponsors of the PGA are also big sponsors of the Saudi's. Also the Saudi's are a VERY large sponsor or LPGA. Again I have fact checked none of this, just heard it this am.

Pretty sure it's just a public relations play by the Saudis. As for fans in person, not sure the Saudis are going to allow alcohol at any event they sponsor. They are fairly strict about booze, you can get arrested for just smelling like booze on an arriving flight. That'll cut out about 95% of the fans I know.

I heard the most logical thought last night while BS'ing about this.

Could this simply be a money laundering scheme?