• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Project Walk-In

Impressive! Wish I had the space (AND the Cigars) for a walk-in humi. Enjoy, you deserve it after all that work.

Does that explain why you used Luan and not Spanish Cedar paneling? I mean the Spanish Cedear paneling is about $70 a sheet.

The Mahogany is the way to go in large cabinets. Spanish Cedar is fine for smaller cabinets but when you get to the level of wood surface that larger cabinets have, or, in this case a walkin, the spanish cedar would be overpowering. I don't know much about the Luan plywood but my cabinet was built with 3/4 inch Honduran Mahogany plywood and works like a champ for just the right aromatic and humidity holding properties.

Looking good! :thumbs:

I love this thread. I was wondering if there were any updates or perhaps a picture using the room?

Wow, that is cool.

:D

that looks absolutely amazing.. when i settle into my final house i plan on building a walkin as well with black and yellow tiles for the cohiba colors.

Looks great

IT'S DONE!!!
COVERUP.jpg

We finished the other day but my computer would not recognize my memory stick. Today, it magically recognizes it!

After installing the humidifier, it only took 24 hrs to reach a steady 70%. It has maintained between 69% and 70% ever since. Even with all the opening and closing of the door. I checked the hygrometer every time I went in and came out.
DSC01341.jpg

This is right after I came out.
DSC01349.jpg

I have been smoking some nice cigars that I haven't seen in a long time. The Trion smoke eater works excellent. It works just fine on its lowest speed. High speed is a little too loud and moves a lot of air.
DSC01353.jpg

Here are some other angles of the room.
DSC01354.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

WOW
That is wonderful Atuck. :love:
My local B&M does not look that good.

Congrats bro, you have create a great place to enjoy cigars.

Can you post a pic from inside that walk-in humidor. Looking from the outside, you have a great collection of cigars.

Wow what a setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job, i'm speechless.

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
4 Members: barney_rebel, Zeebra, junkman_56, atuck

Man that is hot stuff! Good work!

Alan. I am speechless. Absofreakingfantasticallywonderfully well done, sir! I will pay you rent for a spot on that couch!
And where did you get that big picture of all of those stacked up cigar boxes to put on the door of the humi? LOL

Man, I could empty my old cabinet and my Aristocrat Plus and not make one shelf look full.

Alan congratulations! Thanks for sharing your project with us. Make sure you post some pictures once you stock that baby :)

I should have said some additonal photos of the inside, LOL

Awesome! :thumbs: Although, I am a bit disappointed to learn the "Fine Cigars" framed art I bought at Linens N' Things wasn't a one of a kind piece. :laugh: Yours really is in front of some fine cigars though; and mine a blue cooler. I love your furniture.

Alan, that is AWESOME man, a job well done sir. You are a fine craftsman.

Atuck congrats on a well done project. Wish I had that kind of space, skills, and stash. :)