• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf III @ Schlesingers Cigar Bar

For those that didn't make it :sign: you missed an all-time great HERF.

Thanks Charlie for throwing one hell of a party! And a big thank you for all of the sponsors that contributed, especially Nat Sherman and the folks at Schlessengers. That place has to smell like a gym locker this morning from all that cigar smoke.

Fish

Yeah that was awesome...thanks charlie!!!...it was my first event of this type and it was nice to meet guys we talk to everyday on here.
So; whens the next one? sign me up.

thanks again and all to all the sponsors your the best.

Jeez - everytime i take a breath I feel like I'm still smoking. It took 20 minutes to putty-scrape my contact lens off, and another 10 to finish burning my clothes!

Charlie - I have no idea how you managed to do all that netWORKING! I'm amazed at how many freebies there was to go around. First HERF for me, but certainly not the last. Thanks to you and those who helped you.

HVC & staff were exceptional. Great job by all.

Today will be Smoke-free Sunday for me! Gotta let my lungs bleed out.

Peace!
:p

What a wonderful time yesterday. It was pleasure to meet everyone. Great fellowship, cigars and food, what more can you ask for.
All the best,
Neil :D

I have a lot of great pictures!
Unfortunately I have to leave to go to work for two days in a half an hour.
BUT, I just had to post this ONE pic now!
I think this one just about sums up who we all need to thank for the great herf yesterday.
charlieglynna.jpg

What you guys don't sleep?? I just woke up and made coffee. Even though I showered last night, I was smelling cigar smoke in my sleep all night long. :laugh:

It was great to hang with the usual crew and meet the new guy's too. The sponsorship always amazes me, but this year was over the top.

CHARLIE!! You're one of the good guy's, thanks for putting yourself out every year.
thewave.gif

What an increditable time, I had a blast. The only way to beat this one is to actually move it up to the end of March / beginning of April and have an indoor / outdoor Herf. We had roughly 135 guests and each and everyone had a super time. I do want to thank Mr. Joel Sherman for conducting an outstanding presentation , Glynna & Neil Schlesinger for letting us have the event in their great establishment as well as setting up that super heated Fest Tent that was always packed. Now to the important stuff, I want to thank all my great friends for coming out and being a part of this Super Herf. Without you all it wouldn't have been any fun. We raised $2,782.00 for this great "Cause" and I know that they will be very appreciative. I also especially want to thank all the great sponsors that made this all happen:

Mr. Bundles (Uncle Mikey) - Mike, being that your one of us (retired military), thanks so much :thumbs:

Killer Beans - Jerry, what can I say, I love you brother!!!

General Cigar - Victoria, thanks so much and I know that we'll be herfin' together soon.

Cigar Warehouse (Houston, TX) - Randy (Cigar Warehouse), being that your one of us here at CP, I want to thank you as a true BOTL.

Lighters Direct (Forest Hills, NY) - Steven, it was great to see you again and two thumbs up for your God of Fire Gift Set and other super donations!

Arnold's Cigars (Plainview, NY) - Bruce, thank you so much for the support and the next time I get down to Plainview (Long Island) NY, I'll be stoppin' in!

Tower Pipes & Cigars Inc. (Sacramento, CA) - Mark (NorcalMark), thanks you so much as your one of us here at CP. The Lotus Humidor & Lighter set was increditable as well as the God of Fire Gift Set...... :thumbs:

SmokeInn (West Palm Beach, FL) - Abe, thanks so much and I can't wait to get down there on vacation to kick back with you and smoke a few.

CAO - Tim, Jon, Steve and the entire CAO family, your always there we we ask for help, thanks and I'll see you all at CigarFest 2008 if not sooner.

Torano - Carlos, Charlie and Bruce, thank you very much and I see you all in May as well.

Philly Smoke Shop (Philadelphia, PA) - Chris (hermit11), thanks so much for the Rocky Patel Humidor and the next time I'm in Philly, I'll be in!

Harry's Cigar & Brew (Oviedo, FL) - Cigar Joe, let Harry & Shellie know thanks so much from all of us.

Heartfelt Industries (Carson City, NV) - David (Viper), as always your there when we ask for support, thanks brother.

Nat Shermans - Joel, there are no words that I can say to thank you except that you and Murna are the Best!!!

Uptown Cigar Co. (Kingston, NY) - Isreal, it was a pleasure to having you and thank Michelle for everything. I'll be up soon.

Altadis USA - Kim, you have a great guy there now (John Conroy) serving the North East, thank you all so much.

FDNY - Thank you for being our heros. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cigars of Habanos - Ravi, thank you brother for another year.

Palio Cutters - Marc, thank you all at Palio for the great cutters and all your support and hopefully the next time you can attend if your schedule permits it.

NYPD - Thanks you all for supporting and defending proudly, New Yorks finest!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Atlantic Cigar (Stroudsburg, PA) - Paul, your support was superb as always, thanks so much. Your ole' friend Steve Levy said to pass on his graditudes as well.

Cusano Cigars - Clif and the entire Cusano Family, thank you soo much and I'll make sure to stop by and meet you all in May.

Camacho Cigars - Christian and Angel, thank you so much and your increditable support made it the night before, outstanding! See you all at CigarFest.

Jack Schwartz Importer (Chicago, IL) - Eric, you know how I feel as we had a long talk last week. Thank you soo much and the guests fell in love with you cutters..... :thumbs:

The Volusianator - Wade - Wade the clocks and Christmas Tree ornaments were fabulous. It was great to see the winner of them two of ours (Jeff - Shibumi and Rob - rob300c) thanks brother.

Leaf & Ale (Knoxville, TN) - Mike, thank you brother and when I pass through KY, I'll be in.

Holt's Cigar (Philadelphia, PA) - Mary Ann and the entire Holts Compnay, thank you so much and I'll be calling you soon.

FUMARE (Reno, NV) - Dion (vudu9), your Illusion Cigars were a big hit, thank you brother!!!

Havana Smokers Cigar Lounge (Coral Gables, FL) - Alvio, just as Uncle Mikey, your an Active Brother in Arms, Thank you so much and we'll talk soon.

Boveda Humidity Packs (Houston, TX) - Sean, thanks so much for your support of the Boveda packs and goodie bags, they worked out great.

Sosa Family Cigar Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL) - Alejandro, Michael and the entire Sosa family, thank you so much and you know that I'll be in when I get down Orlando for either work or pleasure!!!

La Flor Dominicana - Litto and Barry, your support was outstanding and I want to give you a big thumbs up :thumbs:

XIKAR, Inc - Kurt and Andy, thank you all so much for your support.

Twin Smoke Shoppe (Soth Philadelphia, PA) - Antonio, the cigar indian was a huge success, thank you so much and I know that Bill Latta (Bravo Lima) will let you know as well. See you in Philly.

Arganese Cigars - Gene and Sandra, your cigars were a big hit, thanks so much and it will be great to meet you all soon.

Cigar Solutions, Inc (Bayport, NY) - Ron (RonC) the bags and water pillows were top knotch, thanks brother for all your help.

Cigar Bid / Cigar International - Tricia, as always, thank you and the entire CI Org. Oh yeah, Bob (Delarob) says "hi" :D .

Tabacalera Perdomo - Nick, Billie and Arthur, you guys are near and dear to me, thank you always and I'll be sure to personally thank you guys in May.

The Party Source (Bellevue, KY) - Guys, the support was excellent, thanks so much for a one stop location for all our party needs.

J. C. Newman - Eric and Lynda, thanks so much and I'll be calling you this week as well.

Oliva Cigar - Guys, thanks so much and the ash trays were fabulous!!!

DryMistat Inc. - Jeff, thank you soo much for your support of this great event.

Rocky Patel Premium Cigars - Rocky, Mark and the entire Rocky Patel Organization, thank you very much, see you in May.

Southside Cigar (Clarksburg, NJ) - Dave, it was great meeting you and call me when ever. Thanks so much and I know that the guests loved your cigar clips and the table cutter was awesome.

Drew Estates - Jonathan, Dave and Helen, thanks so much for all your great support, see you all son.

Padron - Jorge, thank you very much for your great support and for contacting Glynna, hopefully we meet in person soon so I can enjoy a cigar with you.

There are three special BOTL that I want to give a big thank you. First, my good friend Mark (mrtapes) for setting up his excellent sound system both in the cigar bar and the tent. It was crystal clear and everything went off perfectly, thank you brother. Next, my two buds that helped in packing up the cigars for all the goodie bags and ensuring everything made it to the event, Tom (hudsonvalley) and Rick (rrick57). With out you two, I'd still be making goodie bags, lol .

All in all, we gave out roughly 80 boxes of cigars, 250 door prizes and about 25 grand prizes, increditable!!! All I have to say is I can't wait until Quad State Herf IV gets here......... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Edited for grammar and punctation. I didn't want Bill (coventrycat) to correct this one.

Had a great time with some great people, and a few good cigars. Joel's presentation was very informative, especially his take on flavoured cigars.

Oh my gosh Charlie, what an incredible herf that was, the turn out and the support was amazing. You have truely outdone yourself brother. God Bless you for all the hard work you put into this event and for picking out such a great cause for us to support!

Charlie and Tom what a great event!

Thanks Glynna & Neil Schlesinger for hosting us again you run such a great place.

To all the vendors that supported the event, especially Joel Sherman for his time with us.

But a special thanks to all the great B/SOTL who I call my friends you folks rock. I allways enjoy my time with all of you. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with everyone.

Thanks sponsors!

Thanks to Wade for the sweet clock!

Thanks again Charlie!
How's the voice? :p

Good job Tom and Rick!

Tom hire a better looking stripper next time!
That stripper looked suspiciously like you in a wig!

Thanks Mark for the sweet SLR!
Too many cigar exchanged to mention but thanks all!

Good times!

-Rob

[/colorNEWS FLASH: We have proof that Bill and Dan were really bossom buddies!

fu.gif
fu.gif
fu.gif

I hope SeanFU slips on the ice and breaks his camera.

LOL

Camera is in tact and picture will be up within a day or two :laugh:

BTW, Charlie and Tom, great job as always, Glynna thanks for having us and to all the sponsors, thanks so very much, it was a great time!

Thanks to Charlie, allthe sponsors, Mr. Sherman and of course the folks at Schlesingers for making this a HERF of the year. Well so far it is anyone care to outdo this one better put on a hell of a party !!!

Awesome time with all the great people who share in our passion of the leaf :thumbs:

Thanks to Charlie, allthe sponsors, Mr. Sherman and of course the folks at Schlesingers for making this a HERF of the year. Well so far it is anyone care to outdo this one better put on a hell of a party !!!

Awesome time with all the great people who share in our passion of the leaf :thumbs:

Dan,

I heard on a few other cigar boards that this may in fact be the Herf of the Year....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

T'wasn't the worst herf I have ever been to, always room for improvement. I'll get a new wig.

Besides Charlie, of course, and the other hands on deck I think special mention needs to go to John and Joel for getting their hands dirty associating with the smoking man.

Heal, fast, Steve, hope to see you soon, sorry you couldn't make it. Nice to see our good friends from Uptown again, dang, I don't get up there often enough.

Gratitude to Neil and Glynna, the wait staff, what a great job! Rick, Gary, D, Ralph, et all well done men doing what needed to be done.

But most of all, thanks to you guys, the ones that 'get it'. It would be nothing without seeing you all there!

Remember every Thursday we have our Men's Sensitivity Training® support group, since men are so f@cking sensitive, helping each other get over that.

YEEEEOOW!!! what an unbelievable herf. Charlie ...YOU Da MAN...

As always, the generosity from numerous BOTLs was too much.

It was great to get to meet so many CPers. In particular, BBS, who was the first BOTL with whom I did a box split. He came all the way from Washington and we had a great time going up to meet Israel at Uptown Cigar in Kingston during the morning. Thanks to Issy for his generosity!

Good to see siriusstoogie who also made a long trip for the event. Joe, hope to see you soon in NYC and thanks for the smoke!!!

Thanks to Glynna and Neal for their support of this now LEGENDARY event.

I told my wife about the MST Support Group and she thought that it would be great idea if I went... Did I mention cigars?? Uuuuh, maybe not :whistling: :whistling:

And last but not least...I FINALLY MET BILL. Seemed that I was never going to get to a herf with CC.

What a great time! Big thank you to Charlie for organizing such a massive event, and even bigger thanks to Tom and Rick for packing up all the goodies--after all, that's why we attend these things, right? :laugh: ;)

Thank you to the numerous sponsors and Glynna and Neil for hosting.

It was a blast smoking with so many friends and meeting lots of new ones. Especially pleased to have met Tom from WA and Matt from CO. You guys deserve extra credit for making the long trip out. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet everyone there, the place was a zoo! Joe, it was great you could make it, and I look forward to your next visit.

Bring on QSH4!

You were there? I must have just missed you. Guess that's what happens when I cut out after the raffles.

What a great event.

Charlie and crew you guys out did yourselves.

The vendors support was outstanding.

To all my brothers I had a grand time herfing with you all and look forward to it again.

Once again Thanks to all!

DG