• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf IV - Feb 7, 2009

Alright guys, that's enough as we are sure that this point is well taken now. When I get home and have a few minutes, I will start to post some of the Grand Prizes that will be raffled off during the event........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

It's a complicated issue. If the individual writes the check to the party putting on the event there is no charitable intent as you are paying for the right to attend. It becomes a pass through and the person writing the actual check to the organization gets the charitable event. IRS publication 1771 covers it in general. There are multiple provisions in the tax code that covers events and charitable contributions.

Charlie is doing it correctly, having each individual write the check to the actual charity.

That's why I said 'look it up'! :laugh:

Simply put...an indivdual can 'write off' the $20 if it's made to an established (by law) charity.

My friend had to set one up for a 'clothing drop' charity...I learned way to much! :(

Now....let's get ready to rummmmmbbbbblllle!

Well, we all know the beautiful piece (ashtray) that Bill (Humidor Minister) made so I thought it was time to list a couple of more items that are going up for raffle:

2008 Camacho Liberty (Full Box) donated by Camacho Cigar Inc.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-03A

Aristocrat Mini w/ Digital Set & Forget - Staebell & Associates

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-mini.html

There are a number of other nice gifts that will be up for raffle but I don't want to give all of them away yet....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Edited to let everyone know that the Camacho Liberty Boxwas donated by Camacho Cigars and the picture posted is just to show what it looks like this year. CigarBid / Cigar International did support with a very nice item for the raffle wihich I will post later on!!!

I guess I'll make some room in my car for that aristocrat :rolleyes:

WOW... Bob Staebell REALLY stepped up to the plate with this donation.

Good on you Bob and thanks for your support :thumbs: for this very worthy cause.

WOW...!!!

Thank you to Bob Staebell for the fantastic donation and to Charlie for organizing this amazing herf...!! A fantastic opportunity, and great causes to support.

I'm jealous all over again; wish I was going to be there. In '10, to be sure.

Best regards to all the attendees..... :thumbs:

B.B.S.

Boy, I wanna go just for a chance at the humidor. I can build em and would still love one of those. Seems like one heck of an event. Can we do this OOHH say in Arizona? After all, we have the only 4 states that meet in one point. :thumbs: How many are expected to attend?

Bill, right now we have roughly 150 guests attending along with another 10 folks from West Point - Wounded Warriors, WTU Commander, First Sergeant, Director and some staff folks. At the end of it all, I'm sure that we'll have 160 folks at the QSH which includes cigar reps and VIPs....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

WOW and everyone smoking a good cigar. It'll be just like home with more people. I smoke in my 12x20 workshop and it smells divine. You guys have a great time. Ashtray will be done tonight. I did a Tung oil finish on it that takes 4 days to do properly. It'll ge the last coat tonight. :thumbs:

Bill, right now we have roughly 150 guests attending along with another 10 folks from West Point - Wounded Warriors, WTU Commander, First Sergeant, Director and some staff folks. At the end of it all, I'm sure that we'll have 160 folks at the QSH which includes cigar reps and VIPs....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Wow, 160 guests. Are we all going to fit in that tent?

Wow, 160 guests. Are we all going to fit in that tent?

Half in the tent half in the bar rotate, repeat.

Bill, thanks to you for your VERY beautiful ashtray. Another tremendous donation for this great cause.

The works that you produce are nothing short of miraculous.

How the hell do you do that????

...Lou

Charlie...does Glenna know the count?

Will she be having a bartender and staff set up....so we might order apps. untill dinner?

Bill, thanks to you for your VERY beautiful ashtray. Another tremendous donation for this great cause.

The works that you produce are nothing short of miraculous.

How the hell do you do that????

...Lou

Thanks and I agree. What a fantastic cause. I can only hope it brings a good price. As far as how do i do it......cut, glue, wait....cut, glue, wait.....cut,glue, wait........................................etc, etc. Then finally turn it, burn it(the little black stripes), finish it. It's finished. :laugh: Glue set up is approximately a Churchill. In the summer it can be a miniature. :thumbs:

Stogie- The Outlaw will be sending a package out today for the herf.

Humidor and a Tour-Pack along with some 2009 calenders.

Charlie...does Glenna know the count?

Will she be having a bartender and staff set up....so we might order apps. untill dinner?

Yes Gary, I sat down with her and Niel and last Saurday and we worked out all of that. I'll see her again tomorrow evening as well as Saturday morning and verify it all with her. I already talked with the chef and he's all set as well...... :thumbs:

Stogie- The Outlaw will be sending a package out today for the herf.

Humidor and a Tour-Pack along with some 2009 calenders.

Very cool Dirick, I'll let you all know when the package arrives. Thank you very much for your support for this great "Cause"......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Yes Gary, I sat down with her and Niel and last Saurday and we worked out all of that. I'll see her again tomorrow evening as well as Saturday morning and verify it all with her. I already talked with the chef and he's all set as well...... :thumbs:

Great...I'm glad that worked out for this year...now to look at the menu!!!!

:thumbs: