• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf V - Feb 27th, 2010

ef5a8538d16214e337faaa35a46e483c.jpg

:(

Safe travels Tom as well as everyone else flying and / or driving up to the Hudson Valley of New York. As far as a cancellation, I have talked with the owner of the Meadowbrook and we are on no matter what. As Isy stated in the Pre-Herf thread for tomorrow evening, "No amount of snow, sleet, or rain will pull me away from this thing".........

I really hope the inclement weather doesn't affect our brethren flying and driving in from far away!
Safe travels everyone!

-Rob
WHOA BABY...!!! CANCELED FLIGHT...!!

Got a table here in Philidelphia having a beer and hoping the flight they scheduled for me four hours from now happens. Whooo boy; glad I came a day early...!!

Grrrr......oh well, can't really complain about the weather, I guess......:(

Hope I see you guys tomorrow....!! Really...!!!

B.B.S.

That blows. Sorry to hear Tom. Hope you're able to get out tonight. Floyd T already made it up. He drove from KY but left a bit early to beat the storm.

That blows. Sorry to hear Tom. Hope you're able to get out tonight. Floyd T already made it up. He drove from KY but left a bit early to beat the storm.
....so is renting a car and driving a completely stupid idea....??

It all depends on the weather. In 4 hours time for your plane, you could already be here. I know it stopped snowing up here, but not sure about the drive from Philly to Newburgh.

It all depends on the weather. In 4 hours time for your plane, you could already be here. I know it stopped snowing up here, but not sure about the drive from Philly to Newburgh.
....can't find reliable road info on line so I think I'll get some dinner and tough it out until 9P. If they cancel that one....I may drive.

Please, dear god, I hope the bag they made me check gets there......:whistling:

Awesome. They just canceled my 9P flight. Right on. I'm going to finish my dinner and go from there.

Seriously, guys, is driving completely stupid...?? I'm cool driving in snow but am I getting in over my head here...??

Awesome. They just canceled my 9P flight. Right on. I'm going to finish my dinner and go from there.

Seriously, guys, is driving completely stupid...?? I'm cool driving in snow but am I getting in over my head here...??

The weather report says that b/w tonight and tomorrow morning, we're supposed to get more snow. It's your call Tom, but it looks like snow.

The weather report says that b/w tonight and tomorrow morning, we're supposed to get more snow. It's your call Tom, but it looks like snow.

I just got off the NJ Turnpike and it is mainly clear, but slow. If you get that rental car, I would do it now because we are in a low and the storm suppose to drop another 10-12 inches tonight into tomorrow morning. Note: Take your time on Rt 287 north to the NY State Thruway.

The other option is Amtrak to NYC and then rent a car
Tazman

Amtrak up to NYC...I;m sure we can get you a ride from there or we can figure out what train comes up closer to the HERF.

Or then a bus from NYC to Newburgh.

If you take Amtrak to NYC..hop a cab to the Port Authority on 42st and 8th and take a Shortline/Coach USA bus to Newburgh NY

Tazman

OK guys....let me go see what USAir is willing to do for me (....:laugh:....) and I'll go from there.

Just asked the waitress and she said that to get Amtrack I have to take a cab / shuttle into downtown Philly. Fuck.

Snowing < hard > here now....I'm thinking driving may not be the best idea in the world.

Let me do some more digging....back in a bit.

The last bus leaves NYC to Newburgh about 1045 see below, but i would call the bus company

Tazman

Weekdays 11:15a 12:47p 12:52p 723
Daily 12:45p 2:22p 2:27p 737
Daily 2:45p 4:22p 4:27p 739
Weekdays 2:45p 4:15p 725
Weekdays 2:45p 5:11p 5:15p 787
Weekdays 3:45p 5:20p 5:25p 775
Daily 4:15p 5:57p 6:00p 741
Weekdays 4:58p 6:33p 6:38p 743
Weekdays 5:05p 6:30p 753
Weekdays 5:25p 6:50p 711
Weekdays 5:30p 7:04p 7:09p 745
Weekdays 6:00p 7:20p 715
Daily 6:15p 7:54p 7:59p 747
Weekend 6:15p 8:29p 8:34p 789
Weekdays 7:15p 8:54p 8:59p 749
Daily 8:45p 10:18p 10:22p 751
Daily 10:45p 12:27at 12:31at 771

ONE MORE DAY CHARLIE!!! You need to change the name to Charlies Herf in the Blizzard 2010....LOL

Tazman

....against all odds, despite ice and snow and insane soccer mom's in SUV's with balony skin tires, I made it in last night about 0030. Ther drive from Philly took four and a half hours. My poor KIA "rent a racer" probably did things it never thought a little car could do....:laugh: Glad I did it as my "replacement" flight got canceled this AM so if I'd have waited.....I'd still be there.

Couldn't get on line for some reason but it's working great now.

LET'S F'N PARTY....!!!

....against all odds, despite ice and snow and insane soccer mom's in SUV's with balony skin tires, I made it in last night about 0030. Ther drive from Philly took four and a half hours. My poor KIA "rent a racer" probably did things it never thought a little car could do....:laugh: Glad I did it as my "replacement" flight got canceled this AM so if I'd have waited.....I'd still be there.

LET'S F'N PARTY....!!!

SOOOO glad you made it up Tom!!! Show up here whenever you want, my friend. Skies are clear here...for now.

....against all odds, despite ice and snow and insane soccer mom's in SUV's with balony skin tires, I made it in last night about 0030. Ther drive from Philly took four and a half hours. My poor KIA "rent a racer" probably did things it never thought a little car could do....
laugh.gif
Glad I did it as my "replacement" flight got canceled this AM so if I'd have waited.....I'd still be there.

LET'S F'N PARTY....!!!

EXCELLENT....I'm glad you made it up.
thumbs-up.gif

I wonder if Floyd got coming thru PA? ???

LET'S F'N PARTY....!!!

YOU RULE.....I posted that bus schedule for you and still thought it was better to rent a car. I am happy to hear you arrived safely and I will see you tomorrow at the Meadowbrook.

Tazman

LET'S F'N PARTY....!!!

Glad to hear you made it up safely, and in great time as well. Look forward to tomorrow's HERF!