• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf V - Feb 27th, 2010

Sitting here at Charlie's place waiting for the HERF. Been a long time since I drove 3 hrs in a jeep and my ass hurts! LOL!

HERF ON!

Getting ready to leave soon. See everyone in a few hours. Drive safe!

Fish

I hope the weather doesn't slow things down. Someday I will join you guys. Have a fantastic time and who ever wins the ashtray, Smoke a great cigar with me long distance. :thumbs: I'll really try to make it a humidor next year. Have fun everyone. :thumbs:

Just home from the Herf. It was in two parts...
The first part at the Meadowbrook didn't quite work out as planned as there had been a power outage in the area and the venue was still without juice when I arrived at 11:45AM to set up the PA system. Hard to have a PA w/o power!!!!!!!
Well, Charlie weighed his options and declared "If there's no power we'll Herf in the parking lot.
Talk about determination!
Anyway, we parked a few vehicles in the lot and started smoking. At about 12:50 or so the power went on in the venue but the owner declared; "I have No Heat, No Bartenders, No Ice, etc....
So, outdoors it would be. I saw a lot of the old regulars and met a few new guys.
The Metropolitan club was in effect as were the Bronx NY crew.
Rob300c Won everything in sight, Including the Humidor Minister Ashtray! Mine is still nicer though!
I made off with two boxes of great cigars in the raffle. A Box of Pepin Vegas Cubans and a box of Monte #5's! What a haul!
Uptown Isy won a whole bunch of stuff too and I'm gonna have to get down to Uptown Cigars because I want to try one of those 'Hong Kong" Robustos!

Part two of the Herf was at Hudson Valley Cigars (the location of the previous years herfs). We had some Pizza and cigars and warmed up a bit. I was frozen to the core after having been outside for 5 hours.
Some of the guys went to Uptown Cigars with Israel...

Charlie, you outdid yourself again despite the situation.
Kudos to all in attendance for keeping the grumbling about being outdoors to a minimum.
Next Year, OUTDOORS Again..... BUT Charlie, next time ....... do it in July or August ;-)

Just got back as well and want to give a huge Thank You to Charlie for putting together another successful event. Every time this group gets together it is a reunion of old friends and new faces. Although next time someone needs to keep an eye on Rob300c to make sure he is not stuffing the raffle boxes. :laugh:

Hope everyone gets back safely and enjoys their smokes.

Fish

Hey Charlie....KUDOS to you for putting everything together despite the unpredictable situation. The owners of the Meadowbrook should have called you and told you there was no power, but you made the best of it. If he was a decent guy, he would have said the power just came back on, come on in, the heat will be up in an hour, we can send someone for ice, have some food delivered etc, but to lock the place up and leave is just is not right. Maybe next year we should have a back up date or have it in April....LOL Once again, thanks for making the best out of a bad situation.

Tazman and the rest of The Metro Crew

Rob, did I win? :laugh: Glad to hear you guys made the best out of the situation! Next year!

Charlie, Great job my brother!!! Everyone had a blast hanging out enjoying primo sticks and each others company! The "mama juana" the Eagle bought along was amazing and you made the best out of a tough situation. Great pizza too! Thank Ian for the delivery for me!!!

This HERF reminded me of a Dead show/tune(go figure)...Cold Rain and Snow!

It was great meeting up with Floyd T. and I enjoed hanging out in a parking lot and smoking with a bunch of fellows - another thing that reminded me of a Dead show(go figure)!

Fine cigars and great friends...once again!

Thanks Charlie!

Does anyone know where Anthony can get an AARP card?

I want to thank Charlie for doing his best in a bad situation making sure everyone was happy. :thumbs: I hung out at Hudson Valley a minute before going to Uptown where Issy made us feel at home. Thanks Issy and everyone at Uptown great hospitality as always.. :thumbs:
It was great smoking with all who where there and meeting new faces great conversations. :cool:
pics to come soon :D

Just got home a little bit ago. Charlie...thanks for everything you did today, especially with the venue being moved outdoors. Had a great time at both places (Meadowbrook & Uptown) Spent some time with a Cristian and spoke to Jesus. :thumbs: Need bed NOW!

Thanks Charlie for a cool herf. We're back home, and still smokin!!!!! :D

Will

Thanks Charlie for a great time.

Had a great time and made some new friends.

Does anyone know where Anthony can get an AARP card?

I found this on that couch after that elderly gentlemen had difficulty getting up

Tone-NY_AARPCard1.jpg

Thanks Charlie for all the hard work and my sweet new cao pimpster hat. Thanks everyone for the stix and being so welcoming to a newb.
See you guys soon.

Another great QSH under some pretty difficult circumstances. I didn't hear anyone complaining. More money for the Wounded Warriors and zippo to the guy that owns the Meadowbrook.

Many thanks to Charlie for his enormous efforts in setting up this herf for such a worthwhile cause.

Got to meet many new CPers, SKYDIVNEKD, khari, and others. Tom (BBS) managed to get here from Washington after getting stranded at the Philly airport on Thursday night. He decided to rent a car and drive to New Windsor in the blizzard; now that's a determined BOTL. It was great seeing you again, brother :thumbs:. Sorry that Tasman and siriusstoogie couldn't make it. Next year guys.

I think next year we charge rob300c double for the raffle tickets :laugh: :laugh:.

Good to see the NYC crew. Been a while since I've seen them, but I missed tony-ny.

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR...........

/Lou

A big thank you to Charlie for a great herf despite the trying circumstances! Thanks for the smokes & the great raffle prizes. I enjoyed meeting many fellow brothers of the leaf.

Also, thanks to Israel for the nice time at Uptown after the herf!

Just got up after a late night at Uptown. I wanted to thank Charlie again for putting this together and making the most out of a difficult situation. The parking lot at the Meadowbrook was a great time even if Rob bought every raffle ticket available. Headed to Isy's straight from there which is always a good time and the Crew at Uptrown really know how to make you feel welcome. It was great to see the Bronx crew as always, got to meet and hang out with some really good brothers and Gary (Ironpeddler) who now owes me a scotch. :laugh:

Many, many, thanks to the GREAT crew at Uptown. Dennis and Diane just work their butts off when so many of us are there and, of course, Isy is the best host ever.

Isy brought back some rum from Nicaragua that was outrageously good. Thanks for sharing, brother :thumbs:.

Here's what turned out to be the best facilities at Meadowbrook. Thanks again to Charlie, the crew at Uptown Cigar, everybody involved with putting this herf together and everybody that attended to pull it off. It was great to meet alot of new people from here, and hang out with those I met last summer again. :)

IMG_0903.jpg