• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R.I.P. Joe Ginter (simmsboard)

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
Joe had battled - and overcome - several challenging health conditions during the past few years. I'm sad to report that he lost his final battle earlier this afternoon in St. Paul.

Joe was part of many circles and as word got out that he had been admitted to the hospital on Friday morning, visitors began arriving. Over the course of the 5 or so hours I and a bunch of the other Minneapolis CP guys were at the hospital last night, a stupendous parade of dozens of people came by to offer their love and support and to say goodbye. I know other well-wishers had come and gone before I arrived and more came after I left and into today as well. There was a consistent group of about a dozen people outside his hospital room, waiting for their turn to go have a word, hold his hand, or just keep him company. That says a lot about the way others felt about him. I thought it was a fine tribute to a hell of a fine man and a good friend.

When we heard the terrible news of Joe's grim prognosis last week, Ketch (Ketch22) and John (Damer021) arranged a herf for all of the Minneappolis CP guys at John's cigar club last Wednesday. It was the first time our entire crew had been together in about 2 years. I will state for the record that a more-than-moderately-obscene amount of excellent hooch and even better cigars was enjoyed by all that night. We all had a great time and each of us got to spend some one on one time with Joe. It really was something of a celebration of our communal friendship rather than a farewell and I'm thankful that we have that night to remember rather than just Joe's hospital room.

I don't have any details on funeral arrangements yet but I or another of the local guys will post in this thread when we get the info.

Godspeed, Joe.

- Tim

EDITED to add the funeral info Ketch posted:

Wake
McNerney Funeral Home
1220 3rd Ave E • Shakopee, MN 55379
9-10:30am on Wednesday 1/23/13
http://www.mcnearney...com/contact.php

Funeral
11am Wednesday 1/23/13
Church of St. Mary
535 South Lewis Street
Shakopee, MN 55379
http://www.stmarysofshakopee.org/

Lunch will follow at St. Mark's Catholic Church in Shakopee

I got to smoke/meet up with Joe in Vegas and we had an awesome time. I heard about his new diagnosis a few days ago from a brother on the board and now I'm hearing he passed away already. He was an awesome guy and it sucks I won't get to meet up with him again.

RIP Joe!

Drat! Another brother gone. That's four since I've been here. Well, Infinity, Tom and Louie needed another brother, I guess.

Doc

Joe has been a good friend for years and I was fortunate to get to herf with him a number of times. I will never forget one time he called me while I was driving to Vegas out of the blue, right around when pirates were taking my box pass. He said "listen, i am about to hop a plane and meet you at casa but I wanted to give you a heads up.... I have an eyepatch now",to which I obviously replied that would never bother me but he had to keep his hook and parrot away from my otterbox because one pirated pass was enough. We had a good laugh over some absurd cigars a few hours later. Joe G was, and is, one of my favorite people. May he find comfort and big titted women in the next leg of his journey. Ad astra brother, you will linger in my thoughts until I join you

Joe has been a good friend for years and I was fortunate to get to herf with him a number of times. I will never forget one time he called me while I was driving to Vegas out of the blue, right around when pirates were taking my box pass. He said "listen, i am about to hop a plane and meet you at casa but I wanted to give you a heads up.... I have an eyepatch now",to which I obviously replied that would never bother me but he had to keep his hook and parrot away from my otterbox because one pirated pass was enough. We had a good laugh over some absurd cigars a few hours later. Joe G was, and is, one of my favorite people. May he find comfort and big titted women in the next leg of his journey. Ad astra brother, you will linger in my thoughts until I join you

Never personally met Joe. Just quite a few pleasant interactions and transactions with him. Always pleasant and positive to converse with, coupled with the fact he had my respect/trust in a virtual world where you never know who you're dealing with (until you meet).

Here's to celebrating the life of Joe Ginter!!! I'll drink and smoke a few this weekend whilst keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Add me to the list that loved Joe. I saw him at most once or twice a year, but considered him a great friend and he always treated me better than most people treat one another. I'm disappointed that I didn't have a chance to see him that one last time. There aren't many like Mr. Ginter, that's for damn sure.

Godspeed, Joe. You were loved, cared about, and one hell of a good man. I'll miss you.

Joe was a kind hearted, soft spoken gentleman. He was forever open-minded, carried a great sense of humor, and was always a joy to be around. Joe was the most generous person I will meet in this life, and was of a small percentage of human beings that are simply good through and through. He will be sorely missed, but he will live on in inspiration. Rest in peace, Joe, you were a true brother to us.

Joe was a great friend. We were fortunate to know him and blessed to get several opportunities to say goodbye. RIP.
Golf_zps2b00a988.jpg
JoeSquared_zpsc3cb98ad.jpg

I consider myself lucky to have had many occasions to spend time with Joe. He truly was one of the best, and always a pleasure to enjoy a meal, a drink, a cigar, and many laughs with. He will be missed, but never forgotten.

Tim, Mick, Ketch, Joe, Khris, and John, my thoughts and prayers are with you all, as I know he was more than a friend, he was part of your family.

RIP to clearly a beloved brother of CP and else where I am sorry for your loss guys and I wish you all well!

Paul

I was fortunate enough to meet Joe on several occasions and even the first time I met him I was treated like an old friend. Our thoughts and prayers are you MN crew, my sincerest condolences. Rest easy Joe.

I'm heart broken, Joe was a dear friend. I always looked foward to spending time with him. Rest in peace my friend.

So, I never know Joe, but reading the call for prayers and the posts of support I can't help but tell that he was a well respected Brother. My thought are with his family and friends at this sad time.

Never got to meet Joe, however from the posts I'm reading in here, that looks like he was a great guy. RIP.

Joe will be missed and not forgotten. Padron parties at the Outlaw will never be the same.......RIP Joe
Handler.ashx.jpg

Had to dig pretty deep to find this one, but here is my tribute.

What a shame...had the pleasure of spending time with Joe on a few occasions at the Outlaw. Like someone else said he treated you like you have known him forever. He will be missed.

Joe will be missed and not forgotten. Padron parties at the Outlaw will never be the same.......RIP Joe
Handler.ashx.jpg

Had to dig pretty deep to find this one, but here is my tribute.

Boy, that picture brings back some GREAT memories. Thanks for posting it.