• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent Purchases

I really love the new Sam Adams seasonal IPA. It is called Noble Pils.

Got a four pack of Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter to try out.
DSC00531.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm.

6 pack of Modus Hoperandi
4 pack of Founder's Breakfast Stout

Thanks for picking these up for me JHawk.

4-pack of St Bernardus Abt 12 - very tasty Abbey Ale!

It's actually a German Pils, but yeah, it's pretty damn tasty.
It's decent, but I really don't think it stacks up to the likes of Prima Pils (or Sly Fox Pikeland, for that matter). What it has going for it is accessibility, which the more aggressively hopped and bitter Prima does not. I served the Victory beer to a group of college seniors I was doing a tasting for, and it was nowhere near the top of their favorites. Most didn't like it at all (perish the thought!) The SA Noble Pils, I think, has better mass appeal. That's not to say it's bad (it's certainly not), but there are better representations of the German/Czech pilsener out there. We're fortunate in this area to have 3 local breweries with a true German lager-brewing tradition, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm spoiled.

It's actually a German Pils, but yeah, it's pretty damn tasty.
It's decent, but I really don't think it stacks up to the likes of Prima Pils (or Sly Fox Pikeland, for that matter). What it has going for it is accessibility, which the more aggressively hopped and bitter Prima does not. I served the Victory beer to a group of college seniors I was doing a tasting for, and it was nowhere near the top of their favorites. Most didn't like it at all (perish the thought!) The SA Noble Pils, I think, has better mass appeal. That's not to say it's bad (it's certainly not), but there are better representations of the German/Czech pilsener out there. We're fortunate in this area to have 3 local breweries with a true German lager-brewing tradition, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm spoiled.

Yeah, Prima Pils is pretty tought to beat for sure. Bayern makes a damn good Pils too.

Picked up a half dozen 22 oz bottles of Sweetwater Dank Tank BSP Quad.

First four pack of this year's Founders KBS :love: , Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence and Rochefort 10. Found yet another spot with a great beer selection less than 15 minutes from me.

Bell's Batch 9000
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Imperial Stout

Good to see you in the Beer forum more Greg. LOL. Good choices on the pick up. Since you've had Ted Fidy before, I recommend aging a couple of them, maybe six months. It gets way smoother and less boozy.

Have you tried the other ST offerings, Jahva, Mokah, and Choklat?

Good to see you in the Beer forum more Greg. LOL. Good choices on the pick up. Since you've had Ted Fidy before, I recommend aging a couple of them, maybe six months. It gets way smoother and less boozy.

Have you tried the other ST offerings, Jahva, Mokah, and Choklat?

I'll try and keep some that long...lol! :D I've not tried any others as yet, really just starting out with this stuff, but liking it more and more! I drink a couple fingers of scotch every evening with a cigar, but have a beer usually later afternoon on the weekends.