• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Red Sox Fans

Go Braves...

The more we suck, the smaller my threadjacks get :(

The Cardinals will win the NL Central and they're on a mission so you just got caught in the swinging doors. The Astros will help by losing at least two out of three this week to them.....

While I do believe the Sox are just too good a team to blow such a big lead, I came across this and thought it was pretty funny:

Don't Look Now...

yanks.jpg

But the Yankees are Just 7 1/2 Back
(But It Feels Like It's Just a 1/2)

Welcome back to 7 1/2 out!!! :sign:

At this point the division does not matter, as long as we win a slot everyone else is cooked! Since the All-Star break no one is even close in Wins, Runs scored, Homeruns, Batting average , hits....yada yada yada....enjoy the view as they Yankees kick-in a little bit of late seaon turbo and blow everyones doors off....especially since we have finally put a few of our old horses to pasture(sorry Moose you just ain't got it no more)....hope The RED SUXs have the good enough sense not too try and add flame to the fire by plunking yet another Yankee hero (that was so lame last night with A-Rod getting hit) with your sorry ass pitching..

Edit to add: I will be smoking some of the winnings from the previous series that the Yankees beat the Red Sux up in, whilst watching the Yankees tear them up!

At this point the division does not matter, as long as we win a slot everyone else is cooked! Since the All-Star break no one is even close in Wins, Runs scored, Homeruns, Batting average , hits....yada yada yada....enjoy the view as they Yankees kick-in a little bit of late seaon turbo and blow everyones doors off....especially since we have finally put a few of our old horses to pasture(sorry Moose you just ain't got it no more)....hope The RED SUXs have the good enough sense not too try and add flame to the fire by plunking yet another Yankee hero (that was so lame last night with A-Rod getting hit) with your sorry ass pitching..

Edit to add: I will be smoking some of the winnings from the previous series that the Yankees beat the Red Sux up in, whilst watching the Yankees tear them up!
Blah, Blah,Blah. the magic No. is 24

Doc

How did I know seavita would be posting in this thread today? :laugh:

Yankees pitching is about as good as I've ever seen it. Couple that with some darn good offense and the Yankees are a force to be reckoned with.

Having watched the Red Sox blow a 14 game lead in August of 1978, I have been saying all year the Yankees will make a run and the Red Sox will be lucky to survive. My prediction is coming true.

Increadable game and just as Rob said, it was great being there. I sat 6 rows behind home plate and was lucky enough to get the tickets for free. All I can say is SWEEP........ :D :thumbs: :p

Here's a scanned copy of my ticket, notice the section we sat in, Championship Sec. 2, Row B:

NO HITTER!

Clay Buchholz no hits Baltimore 10-0. First no hitter by a rookie in Red Sox history! :thumbs: :0

Gotta love September 1st with those expanded rosters. :D

Magic number is 22

Hell, The Astros magic number is 19 and I gave up on them weeks ago! :laugh: