• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Request your input for Cigar Pass Insurance

What Do You Think Should Happen With Cigar Pass Insurance?

• Total voters

emodx

Banned
Recently I have tried to gather some ideas on how CPI should progress in the future. Many people think it is time to dismantle it. Other seem to think it could be revamped into something more progressive. And a few think we should donate the cigars or the proceeds from the cigars.

If you are interested in finding out more about CPI before suggesting a course of action please take a look at http://www.cigarpass...?showtopic=5732

Unfortunately, many of the members aren't active anymore. Heck, I wasn't active for a long stretch due to family and military commitments. I have my own thoughts of what cigar pass should be but really want to get a consensus of what best serves the community.

This is a multiple answer poll as there could be multiple ways to go with this. Please pick your top 2 choices. I am going to let this poll run 21 days. If it drops off the front lobby page I will bump it up to keep it relavent. Thank you for your time.

Emo

Voted other. Why not take the cigars and start a pass? May be enough to do two, one lower and one upper. Or, use part for a pass and the other to start up a new PIF like the potatoe bomb. Could keep the pass/es going, when done ship to someone different to take over and host. Good opportunity I think.

I voted other, because I was not sure what exactly donating funds to charity meant.

I would just liquidate these in a CP charity raffle of some sort to help offset the cost of Rod's updates and hosting, etc. I for one am really glad I have a place to come to that is not overrun with ads like Puff.com. In saying that, I know what little advertising he does allow does not begin to cover his expenses.

Obviously there was a need for CPI or it wouldn't be here. There really isn't enough information available, like how often it has been necessary to use it, the reasons for using it etc. Without that info, it's hard to vote. Being a newb, I haven't "put" into the insurance fund, so I am not comfortable with suggesting how to disolve it, or even if that is necessary.

x3 I voted other so that we could donate the funds gathered from the sticks to Rod to help with the site.

My condolences Matt. While you take the next 24 to 48 hours to rethink most of your life decisions after finding out you think similarly to a Mets fan, just know that your friends are there to lean on. Prayers sent.

I still don't understand why this is still being discussed. Rod came out and gave his opinion on what he thinks should be done with CPI and then this poll gets put up without even having his suggestion as one of the options.

Has CPI ever been used in the past? Not to my knowledge.

Will CPI ever need to be used in the future? Maybe it will, but history says no and you certainly can't replace a modern pass with the inventory that's listed.

If CPI is kept in some form, do we need a facilitator that is an active member of the board and not someone that disappears for two years and only came back because someone informed him of people questioning him? Absolutely! The entire CPI comittee is made up of members that aren't active on the board anymore.

I understand that bringing this forward for the whole community to vote on is something you feel you need to do, but if you just plan on ignoring the advice that Rod has given on the matter, then maybe the only people that need to vote on this are the actual members of CPI that have something at stake.

My question is, however often have we had to dip into the CPI stash? If the answer is very rarely (as it should be), then perhaps the time has come to do away with CPI. Perhaps it would make more sense to insure the pass with real insurance from USPS, FedEX or UPS. It's really not that much more, and you can certainly require that all of your pass participants insure the pass up to the value you set.

My recommendation is to do away with it. Feel free to run a contest for the remaining CPI balance; perhaps those who have been here for at least 5 years AND have put into CPI. Just a thought...
Who says they need to know they're cigars? Aren't we most concerned if a box gets lost?

As long as the cigars are packaged inside of a durable Tupperware container, then the only risk we have is the entire box getting lost. The insurance should primarily be for lost packages, not damaged cigars. If cigars are getting damaged, then that's another issue that should be addressed (sounds like poor packing).

So you wouldn't have to hunt these out.

Not to be a dick but there is a category that has the winning vote imo. The poll sort of supplies an easy answer for this so i don't know why there needs to be more discussion.