• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Request your input for Cigar Pass Insurance

What Do You Think Should Happen With Cigar Pass Insurance?

• Total voters
Sorta.

I shouldn't benefit from the CPI disbanding.

Emo is still holding this and is in charge. His post may have been best directed in two areas.
1) What to do with current stock (CPI folks only involvment)
2) What is to be done with CPI as a concept.

But hey...that's just my tomthirtysixtwocents!

<we really need a smiley for that one!>

You're absolutely correct, Gary.

1. Emo did not pose "what to do with the stock" in a manner that garnered appropriate feedback. I'm not going to beat an innocent member for weighing in.

2. Should CPI have continued, I would expect everyone to provide feedback, not just those involved with CPI.

Sorta.

I shouldn't benefit from the CPI disbanding.

Emo is still holding this and is in charge. His post may have been best directed in two areas.
1) What to do with current stock (CPI folks only involvment)
2) What is to be done with CPI as a concept.

But hey...that's just my tomthirtysixtwocents!

<we really need a smiley for that one!>

You're absolutely correct, Gary.

1. Emo did not pose "what to do with the stock" in a manner that garnered appropriate feedback. I'm not going to beat an innocent member for weighing in.

2. Should CPI have continued, I would expect everyone to provide feedback, not just those involved with CPI.

Here comes my .02, I do not have a stake in CPI, only because I wasn't active when this came about. As I said before, if this continues, I will participate. Even better, IMHO, if a pass is lost I will contribute to help a fellow brother.

For what it's worth this is the correct member list:

Board
EmoDx
Shadow
Geldor

Members
JoeM
Paragod
Gr8full2day
Hbooker
Vikder
RobbMT
Big Slim JR
Vern
Rod
Texcigar
Allofus123
Bobbyson1a
Geldor
Tremayne
Rncen
TexasAggie
BrownDevil
RicMac
Joe (F.)
Mr. Jingles
CalixEros
Diesel Grinch
Blue Dragon
Swissy
Gonz
Tigger
SaxJazzMan
EnerJay
Mmburtch
Boogs34
Bilder
Jonesy
Insight
Lurch
Smellysell
Kingantz
Ernie111
Khari
MX
Seadub
Gregor22
Whopper
Gaul
BigJake6904

Jonesy...... Don't agree that what to do with the CPI cigars is a community issue. If the plan is to "liquidate" the cigars then that is an issue for the CPI members. Its their cigars. If Emo has indeed disappeared then THAT would be a community issue and should be discussed in its own thread.

Agreed to an extent Kenny.The only difference is that he opened this up to the entire community to vote on. I didn't agree with that at first, but CPI was being used to cover anyone that ran a pass and if you did, it was expected that you contribute towards it, therefore it seems everyone should have a say in something that can work for everyone. As far as starting a new thread, Emo started this one and then walked away again....why clutter the forum with multiple threads when this one has already turned in that direction. He's been banned already, so unless he e-mails Rod with a reason worthy on unbanning, then he'll never get a chance to respond to any thread.

I have my own thoughts of what cigar pass should be......
Emo

This is what bothers me the most. This is the second time he posted a poll to change CP because of how he thought things should be run. Granted this poll was something he was in charge of, but Rod had already given his thoughts on what should be done with the stock. The other poll that someone linked seemed a little on the arrogant side since once again, he never conferred with Rod on his thoughts and was trying to rally the membership to do what he thought should be done for CP.

I'm done with Emo. He told a third party member that he was shipping out the box last Saturday. It's now a week later and nothing, not even a tracking number. Seems when certain people decide to leave the cigar hobby (especially those who preach the loudest), like to take a dump on everyone and flush whatever reputation they had. You never really know some people...

Emo has been banned indefinitely, and has failed to respond to my emails.

If a pass get's lost, I will personally pitch in (as I'm sure many others will as well) to help recover the contents. No need for subpar cigars to replace a premium pass.

Thanks,
Rod

I have nothing to do with CPI. But I too would pitch in on a bad pass to make things right with the pass host. This community is awesome and it sucks that people like Emo exist.

Totally understand Tod. :) I've been away for a spell and its obvious I didn't have the whole story. I saw the decision to disband CPI and totally agree. I missed what was decided on what to do with the cigars if ever recovered. As Gary pointed out, much better than I, two very different issues. It very well may be buried in a thread I have not read so if so I apologize.

This thread seemed to indicate Emo had disappeared until mention of a third party in contact with him. Apparently there is a way to contact him? Known Emo since he first signed up at CP and surprised to see this. With that said no one gets a pass. One is judged on his actions and Emo will be as well. Would hope the third party will chime in and give the community his opinion.

I have nothing to do with CPI. But I too would pitch in on a bad pass to make things right with the pass host. This community is awesome and it sucks that people like Emo exist.

We're all entitled to our opinions, here at CP, but Noobs should use that privilege with a little more discretion. You haven't been here a year and don't know Emo from Adam. Very few people that have been here a while care what you think, especially about this matter. When a long standing, respected member goes bad, it's a sad event for us. Your kissing up to Rod and questioning Emo's existence are simply inappropriate.

Doc

What's up Doc?

So, you are telling me that this thread has asked for opinions on CPI and you can only give your opinion after you have been here a year? If that is the case, then, I am truly sorry that I was ignorant of the rules. It won't happen again and I apologize to the board and to Rod for the transgression. Thank you for your advice sir. I hope this does not look like I am trying to "Kiss Up" to someone?

I'm not speaking for Doc, but he is right in a situation like this. You haven't been around long enough to know who Emo is and you stated you don't have anything to do with CPI. If it's not a "kiss up" or look at me post, then what is it?. If something goes wrong and you want to help out, feel free to do so. But in a thread that has gone bad like this one due to a long standing, well-respected member before this incident, going bad, then people that don't know what is going on, should stay out of the thread if the only thing that's going to be posted is a look at me post. Your last sentence proved that.

Jonesy, thank you for clarifying it for me. I appreciate your approach and understand what you are saying. I will stay out of this business, just wanted to help out the people that lost out. Nothing more than that. Thanks again for your approach.

Guys, I will see what is up with Emo, he has been responding to my emails.

I was out of town for the last 8 days or so, and extremely busy for the 3 days prior to that.

Give me a day or two and I will try to have a new answer or information

Tim

Got an Email from Emo dated the 4th of June with a pic attached of all the cigars box up in Tuppy, stating that he did not have a chance to make it to the Post Office the weekend prior.
hope they went out around the 9th, if not then this weekend, waiting for a follow reply to the email i just sent him.

Tim

Got an Email from Emo dated the 4th of June with a pic attached of all the cigars box up in Tuppy, stating that he did not have a chance to make it to the Post Office the weekend prior.
hope they went out around the 9th, if not then this weekend, waiting for a follow reply to the email i just sent him.

Tim
Ask him if he's going to respond to Rod's e-mails about his status since he only seems to communicate with you Tim.

Just checked in on the progress of this thread and I am sadened by the recent turn of events. :(

With the short sale of the house and recently moving, I haven't been actively watching this thread.

I am still hopeful that Emo will do the right thing and the cigars will be shipped out. I haven't had any contact with him since last September when he asked for my input as to the future of CPI. I looked to see if I had his email so I could try and contact him, but sadly no.

I emailed him on Thursday I think, but have not heard back from him. The last email he sent me, dated June 4, included a pic of all the cigars packed up in tuppy, as if they were ready to be shipped.
I know that according to him, he is going through a very rough patch in his personal life, lots of crappy events all hitting at the same time. Not making any excuse for him at al, it is way to easy to communicate, I just hope it gets all sorted before I hit Colorado Springs, I pan on hosting a pass or 12, and I was counting on CPI....(lol, I kid I l kid)

Tim

From Emo...

USPS 0311 2550 0002 1345 6738

that was all there was in the email he sent, just the DC#

Tim

WOW, I'll hold any further statements until the cigars are accounted for and in good shape. But nicely done Tim...