• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RIP John Madden

There was a documentary of John Madden on Christmas day. It was just before the games on Saturday. I believe it is viewable on Tubi, Peacock and ESPN+. Well worth the time in my opinion. Really enjoyed it and it was a walk down memory lane. Timing of the broadcast and his passing is a bit interesting. But, what a guy. Seemed to succeed at everything he tried.

As an old school Raiders fan, this hits kind of hard. I grew up during his heyday as a broadcaster, as well, and remember seeing the Madden Bus in person a few times over the years. Losing a lot of legends as they get older. :(

Man, we were just discussing him the other day and I wondered aloud if he was still around.

As a Steeler fan, I always loved how agitated John was about the Immaculate Reception. He said he would never get over it.

I loved the guy!

As an old school Raiders fan, this hits kind of hard. I grew up during his heyday as a broadcaster, as well, and remember seeing the Madden Bus in person a few times over the years. Losing a lot of legends as they get older. :(

That happens as we get older, youngster. Now, go scratch a dog or two. I don't get deep into ball, but followed Madden as he always Seemed to be right up there. Great coach.

How sad! I was just thinking about him the other day when they were advertising the tribute to him on TV.

Very sad to see, but he lived a FULL life! Of all of his career highlights; He created a video game boom and I would be interested to see how close Madden sales are compared to all other video game franchises since the 1988!

Very sad to see, but he lived a FULL life! Of all of his career highlights; He created a video game boom and I would be interested to see how close Madden sales are compared to all other video game franchises since the 1988!
I don't know how they could ever measure it, but wonder how much that video game franchise has contributed to the NFL's popularity.

Was this due to on going health issues? I always wondered why he retired from announcing. It seemed abrupt to me but maybe he was just looking for more time with family. Any insight?