• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad news about LouieD

I am very saddened to hear this news even though I never had the pleasure of shaking Lou's hand. My sincere condolences his family and to all whose lives he obviously touched so dearly. May he rest in peace.

Hi guys,

This is his son in law. I joined up in order to let you guys know and was shocked to see that the news had already spread. It has been very comforting to read what you have written about a man that I love tremendously. He would be touched to know that you guys felt this way and it has brought a smile to his daughter's face. So thank you, and I look forward to posting here in the future. I will be smoking one his Opus X's tonight!!!!

Mark

My condolences to you and your family, Lou was a great guy a real great guy and I am heartbroken, he will be truly missed.

He was one of the first guys that I got to know when getting on this board and meeting the ny crew for the first time at Merchants East. That night he talked to me almost all night and made me feel like I had known him all my life. Gifted me cigars that at that time I had no idea about. Was always happy to see you when you would run into him at Uptown or Schlesinger’s. He was truly a great man.

RIP my good sir

Although I did not know him his family will be in our thoughts & prayers. Rest In Peace BOTL.

Far too young. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God speed Louie.

Count me among those who missed out on the chance to meet Louie in person, but it's plain to see that we lost a good one today.

My condolences and best wishes to his friends and family.

Obituary

Louis C. DeVito
(December 21, 1946 - April 11, 2011)

Louis C. DeVito of Mahopac passed away on April 11, 2011 at Putnam Hospital Center. He is survived by his wife Patrice, his daughter katharine Cassidy-DeVito. A brother Mark DeVito,a sister Kathy Schweitzer. Memorial Visitation will be Friday 2-4 and 7-9 Funeral service Saturday at the Funeral home 11 AM.

Hi Guys,

I sincerely thank all of you so much for your kind words. I wasn't going to say anything on this but after I saw the link to the obituary, I think it would be appropriate to say that if anyone is inclined to do so, rather than send flowers a donation in LouieD's name to the physics department of Texas A&M would be appreciated. The show of support from all people has been overwhelming, and it has provided some solace to his family in this trying time that so many people have such nice things to say about him. I look forward to being apart of this community in the future, as Lou has peaked my interest in cigars and now I will be happy to carry on his legacy here in this forum.

Mark

Very sad news indeed... RIP Louie, you will be missed...

MarkJr, rest assured Louie will be missed. He and I met at a Quad State Herf and shared a Rip Van Winkle 23 year old together. He was a man that made you feel welcome when meeting him. He'll be missed.

An Opus A went up in smoke tonight, in his honor. Prayers for you and your family! God Speed, LouieD!

Floyd T.

MarkJr, rest assured Louie will be missed. He and I met at a Quad State Herf and shared a Rip Van Winkle 23 year old together. He was a man that made you feel welcome when meeting him. He'll be missed.
...and you know, I found a picture of just that time. (Louie is standing, that's SKYDIVNEKD preventing the chair from moving...;-).

Here's our brother doing what he loved; sharing a smoke, a beverage, and a good time with the rest of us:

gallery_1565_604_75196.jpg

God speed, my friend Lou.....B.B.S.

this is very sad news. my thoughts and prayers are with Lou, his family and friends. rest in peace.

Louie will be in my prayers. One of the kindest, most generous, good men on the board. Godspeed brother!

Made a trade or two with Lou. Always a gentleman and generous to a fault. We lost a good one my brothers.

RIP Lou.

I am so saddened to hear of this, Lou was one of the BEST! I will do my best to make the 7-9 Friday in Mahopac. RIP buddy.

well.... shit. I never got to meet him, but he was on my list of those I wanted to meet in person. Sad I'll never get the chance...

funny thing - I've been out working on my boat getting her ready for the upcoming shrimp trip. All day I've been away from the computer and working hard - I had no idea of this sad news. About an hour or two ago I said screw it, I'm done... I want an OpusX. So I sat out on the deck of the 'Baroo', smoking my Opus enjoying the warm sun.

Now I know why I had the urge for the Opus.

RIP Lou.

I'm sure a lot of you have some memorable pictures of our dear friend Louie and I wanted to post one of him enjoying himself at an Uptown event:

Godspeed brother........ :cool: