• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sorry, But I Have to Do This

Unfortunately this will not go away. You were on here earlier and posted no answer to this issue. Time is not on your side, as an answer on your part is needed.

Unfortunately this will not go away. You were on here earlier and posted no answer to this issue. Time is not on your side, as an answer on your part is needed.
9 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)
6 Members: OzPod, Petthefish, fourthrail, ashauler, pembroke3355, cody5thou

What a shame Don, I hope you blow your nuts up and do the right thing!! Please don't play poker anymore if you can't afford to lose.

Hi

This is my reply and will be the last time I speak of it. I did have a 34 stick owed count. What was failed to be mentioned is I only owe 10 sticks now. I conversed with you a few days ago Jim and you stated you were unhappy. I made you a offer of five 1998 Hoyo Du Prince sticks that you said you would be happy with. You now go and put my private business out there for all to see. You sir are two-faced and spine-less in my book.

Ok this is for the community since my private business was put out there. I loss my shirt there and had paid out many a stick. I ran into a problem where I did have to lend my brother a rather large sum of money to stop his house from being foreclosed on. This is not unknown as it was in one of my posts around that time.

I messaged the guys involved

Nimrod-6 sticksPaid

dsav101-4 sticksPaid

fourthrail-4 stickspaid

Slcraiders-10 sticks5 sticks which he did not like he failed to mention I also included a VR Unicos and he accepted and said was quite happy with so 5 are owed

Dkprlp-10 sticks5 sticks sent he is not happy has spoke with him and worked it out

I owe a total of 10 sticks not 34 anymore. I have never done anybody wrong here. I have had items sent to me before payment more than once and every one gets paid.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is when the thing with my brother came down I spoke with all involved. I was told to take whatever time was needed a couple of the guys I believe Nimrod and Dsav101 both offered to just wipe it out and I declined.

I was never contacted by any of the guys about this. A week to 10 days ago(not sure exactly)Jonsey contacts me and asks me about the poker debt and tells me I need to be out of the pass. I explained the situation to him and that I will start to get the sticks out to them and he decides to allow me to stay in. The next day I go to my local smoke and spent $148 on 20 cigars and sent them out with a VR Unicos in a couple of packages and did not count them as sticks owed.

I get another PM from Jonsey a few days ago. Again not slcraiders or dkprlp ever contacted me to voice displeasure with the sticks. Jonsey says a couple of the guys were not happy with the sticks I think you need to leave the pass. I told him I understand he said one of the quotes he got was quote he owed me 14 sticks and 12 of them were $4 sticks. Whoever told that to Jonsey told a outright lie. The most sticks I owed any one person was 10.

Now the part where I made a mistake. Yes I took part in some GB and stuff but I always did it in public on the boards. I very easily have done it via private pm and none of the poker guys would have know if I was trying to stiff then. Again my financial situation was not good and I really should have been holding back from these purchases. I get caught up in these high end sticks and spend money I really should not be spending.

I will part with saying that I believe if any of the guys had contacted me instead of Jonsey I believe this all could have been avoided. I still do not believe that the Sancho Panza torps and ERDM I sent are dog rockets. Jim if as you stated you threw them back at me then where are the damn cigars you got a DC#?.

This I was not going to mention but now I will. I stopped playing 1 because of the debt but 2 there is some funny stuff going on also. Not saying anyone is outright cheating. When I was playing you needed 3 players before the game would begin. On more than 1 occasion we had 2 and I forget which one of the guys did it but there was a fake player he was called Big Bogus or something along those lines. That tells me that someone has more than 1 account and has another computer handy so that made me uneasy.

I have nothing more to say about it. My debt is down to 10 sticks 5 of which will be going to Jim as soon as my package of Hoyo that I got from a member of this board arrives tomorrow(he was very sick or they would have been here already)and Rogers sticks are going out soon and has been discussed with him already. I feel this was personal and should not have been brought up but Jim did. For whatever reason he made it sound like I was going to stiff them. I again have never stiffed anyone here and never would.

If people feel that I am not to be trusted and do not want to deal with me I cannot control that. I will say I am sorry to the guys in the poker room that it took this long but still feel you should have contacted me.

My last words are Souldog your are highly respected here but your comment are way out of line for someone who has not heard both sides of the story. SamClemmons I know your outstanding reputation here but come on now that team is bought and paid for and my debts are being paid.

Again Jim I feel you have no class what so ever my friend.

If anyone want to discuss this more with me feel free to PM me I will discuss it with you but I will no longer comment on my personal business on the open forum.

Best Regards
Don

Don,

Thank you for your side of the story.

Unfortunately, the way Cigar Pass works is that it is a public forum. You used the poker function to interact with other members of CP and it became everyone else's business at that point.

Pay up what you owe and don't throw barbs at SLC, as it doesn't show who you are as a person. The high ground is always the best ground to take.

Hope it all works out for you!

I guess I knew this would happen. Don, I am sorry I have been out of town and could not answer your pm, but the Sancho panza and ERDm at 4 dollars each are not very acceptable. I suppose I should mention last time you owed me I received 8 Oliva Serie G robusto. I am not going to say anything else on this, but to say Jim has no spine is rediculous. He posted a well thought out message that needed to get out because of all the events. I was really hoping you would take it like a man and say sorry and try to learn from it. I guess that is not the way you are going to go. I apologize, but I side with Jim and Roger on this.

As to the poker thing, I can tell you for certain that I personally have gone into chat to find someone to start a game. I am not sure if the is what you are referring to or not..... I hope you think this over and realize that this thread had to be made. You can blame us all I suppose, since we let you get so deep and listened to you.... while at the same time doing other gb's and such. We all have been in touch regarding this issue, and the post by Jim sums it up. I wish it had not come to this, but we erred by not posting immediately. I see that now.......

Don

Where you trading in the open forum while, at the same time, owing 34 cigars?

Brian

I still do not believe that the Sancho Panza torps and ERDM I sent are dog rockets. for and my debts are being paid.
The problem with this statement is that even though you feel these aren't "dog rockets", they also aren't an acceptable payment for a poker debt because they don't fall into the $8+ category.

Don, I, like you, wish this could have been completely handled in a private manner, and for a while, it looked like it could have been. A debt of 34 $8 sticks is pretty significant, and should definitely been taken care of before you participated further in the buy/sell realm.

However, I have to agree with some of the comments above. You made this public yourself when you started making "generous" offerings of cigars for sale that could have been used to settle your debts. Perhaps the right thing to do was to mention that you were selling them to help settle some debt if that were the intention.

You have to be able to understand everyones frustration in this matter.

Jim is a stand up guy ... saying he has no class is completely out of line.

My last words are Souldog your are highly respected here but your comment are way out of line for someone who has not heard both sides of the story.
Best Regards
Don

Don,

How were my comments out of line?

Don, I don't know your situation, and I don't know why one would get themselves in a situation where they are 30+ cigars in the hole, but sometimes it's time to hang up your gloves and settle the score.

If you need some "loans" to settle your debt, you know where to find me.

PM me if you need some sticks sent, and we'll work it out later.

Let me know exactly where I was out of line when I extended a hand to you to help you settle your debt... At the advice of SamClemmons, I still strongly feel and have always felt that the BOTLs who are owed should be paid first. Is that out of line? No.

I guess I knew this would happen. Don, I am sorry I have been out of town and could not answer your pm, but the Sancho panza and ERDm at 4 dollars each are not very acceptable. I suppose I should mention last time you owed me I received 8 Oliva Serie G robusto. I am not going to say anything else on this, but to say Jim has no spine is rediculous. He posted a well thought out message that needed to get out because of all the events. I was really hoping you would take it like a man and say sorry and try to learn from it. I guess that is not the way you are going to go. I apologize, but I side with Jim and Roger on this.

As to the poker thing, I can tell you for certain that I personally have gone into chat to find someone to start a game. I am not sure if the is what you are referring to or not..... I hope you think this over and realize that this thread had to be made. You can blame us all I suppose, since we let you get so deep and listened to you.... while at the same time doing other gb's and such. We all have been in touch regarding this issue, and the post by Jim sums it up. I wish it had not come to this, but we erred by not posting immediately. I see that now.......

Don

I said I was not going to mention this again on a open forum but I guess that is not fair to the community. I think your a great guy and I feel horrible that you are not pleased. I really wish you could have come to me I really am not a unapproachable guy. If you are still unhappy please PM me and we will work something out.

Best Regards
Don

Maybe the poker room will go the way of chat?

Hey, why the shot at us chatters? We're all hard working, good people over in chat. Well, except for Elittle, and most of the time K, and robbie, and......

Okay I see your point. :laugh:

My last words are Souldog your are highly respected here but your comment are way out of line for someone who has not heard both sides of the story.
Best Regards
Don

Don,

How were my comments out of line?

Don, I don't know your situation, and I don't know why one would get themselves in a situation where they are 30+ cigars in the hole, but sometimes it's time to hang up your gloves and settle the score.

If you need some "loans" to settle your debt, you know where to find me.

PM me if you need some sticks sent, and we'll work it out later.

Let me know exactly where I was out of line when I extended a hand to you to help you settle your debt... At the advice of SamClemmons, I still strongly feel and have always felt that the BOTLs who are owed should be paid first. Is that out of line? No.

Hi

I am totally sorry Souldog I did not read your post right. I was a little angry when I got up this morning to all of this. Accept my apology please. I do agree that debts need to be paid but I was really under the impression from the response from the poker guys that it was not a problem time wise. I really believe that they knew I was not out to stiff them. I will accept this as my mistake. I should have not assumed this and made good before making other purchases.

Best Regards
Don

Maybe the poker room will go the way of chat?

I would certainly hope not. Since I have been here, it has been self moderated. I like that fact. However, on the other side you get situations kinda like this. At least he is willing to pay up, whether after "persuasion" or not. Some people just do not pay. I have pm'ed Rod about it about a week and a half ago, but have not gotten a response yet. New guys to the table we let in. Sometimes we get burned, but 99.9% of the time the new guys are just as stand up as us. Maybe there should be someone designated as the go to guy for poker issues? I hate to bring in more rules, but at least maybe then this type of situation could be avoided. It also could have been avoided if we had brought it public sooner, and for that I apologize as I was a part of this. Honestly, myself and the others are here no matter if there is a poker table or not (many other sites have em), but it would be a hell of a shame to lose something that a bunch of people do almost nightly to a few bay instances.

Don

Hey, Don,

When there's a problem, the first priority is to make it right. I see you're doing that and good on ya.

The second priority is to let it be seen that you're making it right. It always looks worse when someone else makes a problem public, and unfortunately things are where they are because of it. Clearly your rep's gone downhill as a result.

The third priority, but no less important, is to demonstrate that you know the rules and will observe them in the future. That's the point of an apology. Making an excuse, on the other hand, demonstrates that you know the rules, but might game them in the future. Which is not the point at all.

Don't take this as a lecture. I've had my problems with getting in too deep too, just not here and just not recently. Just get your stuff together, take care of your family, and square up your debts. If there are debts you can't repay, I'd be glad to send a fiver on your behalf, please PM if you'd like to take me up on it.

I still do not believe that the Sancho Panza torps and ERDM I sent are dog rockets. for and my debts are being paid.
The problem with this statement is that even though you feel these aren't "dog rockets", they also aren't an acceptable payment for a poker debt because they don't fall into the $8+ category.

Hi Brian

I now know that was correct. But I did have arrangements made with both people who told me they were not happy Jim and Roger needless to say I was shocked to go on CP this morning and see all this stuff. I really could see this if I told these people to bad you get what I sent. I did tell both Jim and Roger that I did not mean to offend them with the smokes and made a offer to make it right.

I am also sorry that you were involved in it. I still believe I should have been contacted before someone contacted you if they had a concern. I am fairly active here and am not hard to find and I feel that I am reasonable.

Best Regards
Don

Hey, Don,

When there's a problem, the first priority is to make it right. I see you're doing that and good on ya.

The second priority is to let it be seen that you're making it right. It always looks worse when someone else makes a problem public, and unfortunately things are where they are because of it. Clearly your rep's gone downhill as a result.

The third priority, but no less important, is to demonstrate that you know the rules and will observe them in the future. That's the point of an apology. Making an excuse, on the other hand, demonstrates that you know the rules, but might game them in the future. Which is not the point at all.

Don't take this as a lecture. I've had my problems with getting in too deep too, just not here and just not recently. Just get your stuff together, take care of your family, and square up your debts. If there are debts you can't repay, I'd be glad to send a fiver on your behalf, please PM if you'd like to take me up on it.

You are 100% correct I reacted out of anger instead of logic my bad.

Best Regards
Don

Where you trading in the open forum while, at the same time, owing 34 cigars?

Brian

Was wondering that myself. How do you sell and trade while you have outstanding debts.

Again this is my mistake for assuming that the guys really did not care when they got the smokes. That is the reason I traded openly I really did not feel that the guys thought I was snubbing them. That was not my intent and I am sorry if I made you guys feel that way. I do admit I should have held off some of the buys I really was not in a financial situation to be doing it. I am getting back on my feet again so this is not going to be a problem.

Best Regards
Don

All I can say is wow, you owe 34 cigars and you send out $3-4 cigars as partial payment. Not the way the game is played here.

Make this right ASAP and stop playing poker, selling cigars and trading here until you satisfy your debt!

This was already in the process of making it right. I have not played poker in a long time. You are right I will not buy or sell a cigar till it is done. I plan to send out both packages by this Friday or Saturday.

Best Regards
Don

pembroke3355, IMO, you are just digging yourself in deeper.

My advice for what it's worth is...make a public apology to all concerned, make good on your debts and stop posting until you do.

We all make mistakes but CP is very forgiving.

However, nobody slips through the cracks here, flaws will be exposed. We all act for the good will of each other, no exceptions.

This can be salvaged, we have seen a lot worse.

Brian