• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sorry, But I Have to Do This

I don't know if these packages were cleared with their recipients prior to shipping, but it looks to me like they contain some sub-$8 cigars again. Granted, not $3 to $4 cigars, but...

Edit to add: the Padron 80th is, of course, a much more than $8 cigar, but that's not really the point, is it?

Depends on where you are buying. Please be specific.

------------------------------------

That's a BIG problem with the way poker works.

Instead, they may want to say ' Let's play for this or that cigar bundle', or just play for cash!

Good point, Gary. I know the Tres Mystique is below $8 MSRP, but probably costs more to buy locally. According to MMM's thread, it's $7.50 MSRP. (Edit: I guess that's 2006 MSRP, though.) LFD DL Chisels, according to Cigarcyclopedia, are going for anywhere from $5 to $7 per stick when bought in boxes.

I was under the impression the $8 was to be either MSRP or best going rate, just like a pass, and not whatever the local rate is.

There in lies the failure to communicate! ;)

What rule was set when they played...just "$8"?

I'm sure the recipients will let us know!

I don't know if these packages were cleared with their recipients prior to shipping, but it looks to me like they contain some sub-$8 cigars again. Granted, not $3 to $4 cigars, but...

Edit to add: the Padron 80th is, of course, a much more than $8 cigar, but that's not really the point, is it?

Depends on where you are buying. Please be specific.

------------------------------------

That's a BIG problem with the way poker works.

Instead, they may want to say ' Let's play for this or that cigar bundle', or just play for cash!

Good point, Gary. I know the Tres Mystique is below $8 MSRP, but probably costs more to buy locally. According to MMM's thread, it's $7.50 MSRP. (Edit: I guess that's 2006 MSRP, though.) LFD DL Chisels, according to Cigarcyclopedia, are going for anywhere from $5 to $7 per stick when bought in boxes.

I was under the impression the $8 was to be either MSRP or best going rate, just like a pass, and not whatever the local rate is.

I just looked at at cigarcyclopedia.

Padron 80th did not see a price I believe around $30

Ashton Tres Mystique $199.95 for 24 sticks a little over $8 a stick.

San Cristobal Supremo looks like average $170 for 22 sticks slightly under $8

LFD Double Ligero Chisel Natural 6x54 looks like it average $125 for 20 looks like about $6

Ashton VSG Torp $242.99 for $24 anout $10 a stick.

I paid over $8 for the LFD. I heard people talk highly about them. I am way off I thought they were worth more. If either person is unhappy with that stick I will replace it.

San Cristobal Supremo I have paid these guys before with them and they were happy with them. Looks like I just slightly missed the boat on that one.

I tried looking at the profiles for likes or wish list and tried my best to get a cigar or 2 from what I found.

If either of the guys are unhappy with the sticks I will replace them.

Best Regards
Don

Don, I am fine with those choices. I just open cigarcyclopedia everytime I try to send out sticks just for that reason. I have been very suprised at some sticks I was going to send out. To be honest, we are not into the poker playing to make a killing. A few cents off either way can certainly be put down to different days even. It was the 3-4 dollar difference. Those sticks are fine man. Certainly in the case of the 80th way over the top even. I am very glad we are getting to work everything out.

Don

Why is this still going on? Move along, everything is taken care of and done. Nothing to see here and no more comments need to be made.

If either of the guys are unhappy with the sticks I will replace them.

Best Regards
Don

They better be happy! :thumbs: Real happy.
Those are some fine sticks for poker winnings here at CP.

Don, I am glad to see you are working things out.
Things will be better.

peter

Why is this still going on? Move along, everything is taken care of and done. Nothing to see here and no more comments need to be made.

I'm a newb and probably should just keep quiet but I agree. The guy has apologised (several times in fact) and seems to be trying to make good.

this thread has thus served it's intended purpose and now eveything just seems like piling on.

I'm a newb and probably should just keep quiet but I agree. The guy has apologised (several times in fact) and seems to be trying to make good.

this thread has thus served it's intended purpose and now eveything just seems like piling on.

Read and ask questions if you must, but stay out of these.

Read and ask questions if you must, but stay out of these.

OUCH!!!!! :whistling:

I've always maintained that poker should be played for money. Everybody likes money and it's easy to count. This would eliminate the what is a stick worth controversies, that arise every so often. And Don, take Brian's advice, stop posting untill you pay your bills.

Doc.

I agree.

Not that this thread is a place for debating how or why we play poker around here, but seeing as it's a cigar community doesn't is make sense that people have chosen to play for cigars? If they wanted to play for cash then they can just go to a cash site. The folks who play poker here have decided what for and how they will play.

I'd rather not see CP turn into a gambling hall. This community is based around trading, sharing, and passing cigars. If you don't understand what MSRP means, then don't play poker. It's really quite simple. If you paid $10 for a $2 cigar, and the rules say the pot holds $10 cigars, that does not mean you can pay up in $2 cigars, just because you got ripped off on them in the first place. Know what you're playing for before you make the commitment.

As I previously mentioned, there are several reputable vendors who sell at MSRP or less. If there is ever any confusion, ASK and don't assume.

Do a search, and you'll find several threads relating to fair value and MSRP. It's been discussed many times in the past.

Slrcraiders- DC# 0307 3330 0001 8331 8458

Package 7 1998 Hoyo Du Price and 1 Ashton VSG Torp.

I really owe Jim a huge apology. I said some awful things that were uncalled for and not deserved. Jim did what was right for the community.

I also owe Souldog a apology. I attacked him without reading his full post, again very uncalled for.

Also Don and Roger I am sorry. I did not take your feelings into account while I went on my business here.

I have had a couple of days to really process and look at my actions. A few day ago when I first saw the post I acted out of anger. In all honesty it was embarrassment. None of my reason or conterpoints made any sense at all and may have angered people more. This I brought on myself and apologize to the community as a whole.

My buying and selling without regard for the feelings of the people I was in debt to, and considered friends were unacceptable. My actions were nothing but self-seeking and self-centered. Basically I wanted what I wanted and when I wanted it without regard for others. The sick part is I actually rationalized this behavior as being ok.

I hope to move on from this and become a productive member of the community again. I also hope to someday restore my reputation. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer them.

Last but not least. There were a few people who gave me some guidance and offered some some very kind help. There was also a event that I will not get into detail because the person may not want it public that was the most unselfish act I have seen in a long time. This is a great community and I am going to do my best not to repeat my mistakes.

Best Regards
Don

Nicely done Don. You've started the walk up the hill quite well Brother!

Very decent of you. It shows a good level of maturity to recognize your mistakes and apologise for them in entirety.

Anger and indignation take a hold of all of us from time to time, but it is the atonement for losing control that matters. You seem like a stand up guy for swallowing your pride, stepping back and looking at things from another perspective.

I am sure you won't be run out of these woods mate.

You've restored your reputation in my eyes, but I'm easy. I'm a fuggin' Angel of Mercy.

Doc.

Very decent of you. It shows a good level of maturity to recognize your mistakes and apologise for them in entirety.

Anger and indignation take a hold of all of us from time to time, but it is the atonement for losing control that matters. You seem like a stand up guy for swallowing your pride, stepping back and looking at things from another perspective.

I am sure you won't be run out of these woods mate.

Well stated, sir.

I also owe Souldog a apology. I attacked him without reading his full post, again very uncalled for.

Best Regards
Don

Thank you sir, not needed, but also appreciated. Good work on making the debts right.

Just wanted to post and say that Pembroke has squared up with me. I received the package from him today, and everything looks good. Thanks again Don. You doing it the right way now man.

Don