• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sources

Toaster said:
A persons source is his own. Sharing that source is a priviledge not a right. And sharing a source openly is not the right idea.

Now with that being said- I have always wanted to buy some ISOM's, can anyone tell me where I can get them? :D
go to the UK, renounce your US citizenship, smoke away!

:thumbs:

JUst wanted to warn you guys, a low life who posts as Sailorscotty akaScott McGuirl from Glenwood MD has been outting a source used by many at cigar sites across the internet. He has been banned from CF and will soon be banned from every other cigar site. To admin, his IP address is as follows 64.136.26.227.

The Master said:
JUst wanted to warn you guys, a low life who posts as Sailorscotty akaScott McGuirl from Glenwood MD has been outting a source used by many at cigar sites across the internet. He has been banned from CF and will soon be banned from every other cigar site. To admin, his IP address is as follows 64.136.26.227.
What a prick! Why would someone do that? Thanks for the warning :thumbs:

I'm glad this post was made. I too have been wondering why there was so much disclosed about the subject.

Cheers,

AJ

would it be a good idea to pin this to the top so all the new folks can read this?

It really is too bad that someone in their "self-righteous" beliefs would rat out people looking for simple cigars or their sources. Having been in the counter-terrorism community, I believe that our resources could be better spent on other areas rather than reinforcing an embargo against a dictator of a country that hasn't caused us a problem for almost 50 years. Furthermore, the Soviet communism is gone, and the last vestiges of communism are located in the Far East and not about to help Cuba. I understand the incident Cuba and the Soviet Union caused, but do not feel that we are helping or hindering anyone with the embargo.
Lastly, as I have posted before, I truly like the group of people here. I am proud to be a member of the board as well as an assistant to anyone I can help here. I am a Newbie, but have interests in being as constructive to the board as some of the "veterans" are. Many thanks to everyone here who has already helped me, and many good "puffs" both ISOM and otherwise to everyone else.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :p
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Just a bit of info that needs to be posted in this thread. This is from the Dept of Homeland Security.

It is also illegal for U.S. persons to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise engage in transactions involving illegally-imported Cuban cigars. The penalties for doing so include, in addition to confiscation of the cigars, civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment.

That's the risk we take everyday to get some nice Island smokes? Dang, is it just me or did anyone else's hair on their neck shoot straight up. :0

I'm with ya phishy, that is pretty scary. That is why discretion is so important ;)

You know it would be easy for "big brother" to intercept a pass with ISOMs in it since we are so free in putting the tracking numbers out there publicly. I think the group should make it a policy that only the receiver of the box gets the tracking number by PM.

Barney-always paranoid :lookup:

servebig said:
You know it would be easy for "big brother" to intercept a pass with ISOMs in it since we are so free in putting the tracking numbers out there publicly. I think the group should make it a policy that only the receiver of the box gets the tracking number by PM.

Although that seems possible, it also seems rather unlikely that they (being the govt) would target small fish like us for passing around a few ISOMs. I think they'd much rather find the sources who supplied us with such.

Although that seems possible, it also seems rather unlikely that they (being the govt) would target small fish like us for passing around a few ISOMs. I think they'd much rather find the sources who supplied us with such.

FWIW, not sure I agree entirely. Assuming the sources are off shore, they are not subject to us law. Yet. :0 But as some of the posted press releases show, we United Statesians are subject and it is illegal for any of us to posess or trade. That said, i can't imagine that they would be so bored. I'd be more afraid of an "RPG pass" and such going around than a box of ISOM's. :(

Discretion, as always, is the prudent choice.

vewyphishy said:
servebig said:

We have ways of making you talk :sneaky:

:0 Lord ol'mighty........ Arent we all in trouble when the gov't has nothing better to do than track our individual shipments of cigars........ Govt funds being used to their fullest potential! :sign: :p :sign:

Wascal said:
civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment.
With those kind of fines I'd hire on for say 20% of the take and rat out every single one of you....... if any of you were really trading with the enemy. :0 :p :sign:

<in my best Cartman Voice>

Oh my GOD, Somebody's gonna kill Kenny!!!

Watch it Big Daddy:p :sign:

Regarding this topic, is it mith or reality. I've always been told that US customs knowingly allows the entrance of 2 boxes or 50 cigars and 2 bottles of Cuban rum for personal consumption of Cuban nationals traveling. I've never met someone who's entire shipment of cigars has been confiscated....

Pls clarify.
Peace

Here is a page from the US Customs and Border protection website.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/alerts/cuban_cigars.xml

Only persons returning from Cuba after a licensed visit there are permitted to bring Cuban cigars into the United States, provided the value of such cigars does not exceed $100 US dollars and the cigars are for that individual's personal use and not for resale. All other importations of Cuban cigars are illegal.

EDIT: I should also add this quote:

Contrary to what many people may believe, it is illegal for travelers to bring into the United States Cuban cigars acquired in third countries (such as Canada, England, or Mexico).