• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SPRING FEVER PASS (April pass)

I don't think thats going to work either Loyd. Opus xXx is $8-9, Padron 1926 #2 is $16.

Not a problem.

T.85...Padron 26 P--Opus X XXX

That and it is considered "polite" to post your puts and takes right next to each other so everyone is clear what your intentions are. Grouping them at the bottom for everyone to figure out can come off as rude.
LMAO...ok

LOYD
:blush: Just figured I'd pass this along as I found this out from a FOG in a pass I was in. ;)

I don't think thats going to work either Loyd. Opus xXx is $8-9, Padron 1926 #2 is $16.

I didn't mention this one as I thought it was fair enough. I know it is suspect, but I would not mind the trade. The opus is $9 and hard to come by. You can get the Padron 26 #2 for $12 from a vendor on this site (don't PM me) :D , so I didn't mention it. Maybe George or Emo can chime in on this one. I know George loves those "26 #2's :love: :laugh:

Brandon

I'm at work right now, get off in the morning. I will post 3 P & T's in the morning. I'll just Lopside them Jays way, so there is no question. Then I can get this thing to EMO and Jay can get his box back. Great pass!!!!!

LOYD

I didn't mention this one as I thought it was fair enough. I know it is suspect, but I would not mind the trade. The opus is $9 and hard to come by. You can get the Padron 26 #2 for $12 from a vendor on this site (don't PM me) :D , so I didn't mention it. Maybe George or Emo can chime in on this one. I know George loves those "26 #2's :love: :laugh:

Brandon

I have a question about this. When I did my P/T's I looked online at about 5 different retailers for price comparison and took the lowest price of the 5 to use. I don't know if this is the same way that the others have been doing it, but I think Emo said about the same thing earlier in the thread. If we don't know about one of the vendors that sells the #2 for $12, how can any of us use that as our reference in a trade? The 1926 Serie seems to be pretty stable on prices regardless of which internet vendor you look at. I was just wondering this because from what you said, since I traded the '26 #2 for the BTL, in essence, I could have traded a xXx for it since the xXx for the #2 is acceptable.
I'm at work right now, get off in the morning. I will post 3 P & T's in the morning. I'll just Lopside them Jays way, so there is no question. Then I can get this thing to EMO and Jay can get his box back. Great pass!!!!!

LOYD
LOYD, I don't think you should be "lopsiding" any trades Jays' way, that's not what a pass should be about. I think the consensus is to leave a pass better then how you got it, but you shouldn't have to lopside any trade because of previously questioned proposed p/t's. Take a little time to do some comparision pricing and maybe make a $9 for $8 trade.......to me that's how you make it better than when you got it along with making sure everything in the box ( packing, humidifying elements, shape of the box) is in good shape. Just my .02 cents.....and I know it's probably not worth too much either. :laugh:

:sign: Loyd, forget about what Jonsey said, just kidding.

Loyd, this is a pass to get your feet wet. Take your time, talk with some members, make your play.

NO RUSH.

Photo winners will be posted soon, sorry for the delay. Life gets in the way at times.

Brandon

I have a question about this. When I did my P/T's I looked online at about 5 different retailers for price comparison and took the lowest price of the 5 to use. I don't know if this is the same way that the others have been doing it, but I think Emo said about the same thing earlier in the thread. If we don't know about one of the vendors that sells the #2 for $12, how can any of us use that as our reference in a trade? The 1926 Serie seems to be pretty stable on prices regardless of which internet vendor you look at. I was just wondering this because from what you said, since I traded the '26 #2 for the BTL, in essence, I could have traded a xXx for it since the xXx for the #2 is acceptable.

LOYD
LOYD, I don't think you should be "lopsiding" any trades Jays' way, that's not what a pass should be about. I think the consensus is to leave a pass better then how you got it, but you shouldn't have to lopside any trade because of previously questioned proposed p/t's. Take a little time to do some comparision pricing and maybe make a $9 for $8 trade.......to me that's how you make it better than when you got it along with making sure everything in the box ( packing, humidifying elements, shape of the box) is in good shape. Just my .02 cents.....and I know it's probably not worth too much either. :laugh:

In general, I take the three lowest prices I can find for a cigar and average the three to come up with a final trading price. As far as the ESG goes, there were more made than the BTL. So while the ESG is more expensive, the BTL is actually more rare. Yes, they are released once, maybe twice a year, but they aren't regular production, so it isn't a guarentee you can find them. The ESG can be found a hellova lot easier than a BTL. All in all, it is my opinion that when looking at all angles on that P/T, it is more even then it looks on the surface. That's my .02 cents.

Emo

One thing I have learned from this is that everybody values cigars differently, as far as pricing, rarity, availability and just plain out thinking ones better than the other.

I posted my first round of P, T's and got blasted.....lol Now I have a few questions. Will ask a few now and the rest tonight from work.

La Aurora Preferido and the CAO swap. I was told this was way lopsided. When in fact the places I looked at prices has the CAO 1.25 more than the La Aurora. CI has the CAO for 5.25 and the La Aurora for 4.00. Where I realize you could probably search and find them leaning the other way. My question is where did you find the CAO for 3 bucks and the La Aurora for 6 bucks?

Next, the BTL and the ESG was not really a MSRP swap so much as a rarity swap. I (being my opinion only I guess) the BTL is not seen around nearly as much as the ESG. Really hesitated on this swap, because I hated to part with the BTL, but this was the one that I really felt would make the pass better since the other BTL was taken.......Guess I was wrong. Why I am in a noob pass....to learn. From now on though if your going to post up prices and tell people that isnt going to work, can ya back that up with some links and a little info, to help me and others understand.

THX, LOYD

My question is where did you find the CAO for 3 bucks and the La Aurora for 6 bucks?
Isn't that the La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto that's a "limited" release of 25,000? I think it is because I had one of these primed as a PUT until someone beat me to it. :) You can get 'em on sale at AtlanticCigar.com for $6. That's pretty low compared to a lot of other places, I think. Where were you seeing them for $4? At CI they are going for $7 ea.

One thing I have learned from this is that everybody values cigars differently, as far as pricing, rarity, availability and just plain out thinking ones better than the other.

I posted my first round of P, T's and got blasted.....lol Now I have a few questions. Will ask a few now and the rest tonight from work.

La Aurora Preferido and the CAO swap. I was told this was way lopsided. When in fact the places I looked at prices has the CAO 1.25 more than the La Aurora. CI has the CAO for 5.25 and the La Aurora for 4.00. Where I realize you could probably search and find them leaning the other way. My question is where did you find the CAO for 3 bucks and the La Aurora for 6 bucks?

Next, the BTL and the ESG was not really a MSRP swap so much as a rarity swap. I (being my opinion only I guess) the BTL is not seen around nearly as much as the ESG. Really hesitated on this swap, because I hated to part with the BTL, but this was the one that I really felt would make the pass better since the other BTL was taken.......Guess I was wrong. Why I am in a noob pass....to learn. From now on though if your going to post up prices and tell people that isnt going to work, can ya back that up with some links and a little info, to help me and others understand.

THX, LOYD

The La Aurora in the pass is the La Aurora Preferido Robusto. The one you probably found is the La Aurora Robusto. Not the same cigar. The regular La Aurora robusto is a very cheap cigar, and your trade would have been fine. However, the cigar in the pass is not the same one .Someone just posted the CAO in the Hot deals section...5 for 15 bucks.

La Aurora Robusto

La Aurora Preferido Robusto -- the one in the pass

Cao Brazilla Gol for 3 bucks

Hope this helps out some. I figured there might be some confusion on the La Aurora. The cheaper one's say La Aurora E Leon on the band. The La Aurora Preferido is a steal at $6-$7 bucks in my opinion. Great smoke!! I hope you find something for it. I promise you won't be disappointed!! :thumbs:

Brandon

Man oh man there is a hell of a difference between the La Aurora E leon, thats the Leon James. Trust me there is no comparison to the Preferido Ltd. Ed. I am going to get another box of them this week, this will be the third one I have bought. If you know where I cant get it for less than 189, please PM me. These are great smokes, if you have never had one, you need to try it ;)
This is what they look like, they taste better than they look. Great morning smoke.
DSCN0420.jpg

:sign:

:love: :love:

Nice Pic!! I am jealous. I keep threatening to buy a box, cause these are fantastic smokes!

Brandon

Loyd. Nice post and well said.

I'm glad you are taking your time to get this right. As much as I would like to see those CIGARS all you MEN have been playing with, I would rather everyone walk away with a little more knowledge.

YES, I will get those pics and winners up soon. Life has been really getting in the way.

CORY, the BOX hit today.

I realize the need to search out prices and not go with one site for pricing, was just asked where I saw those prices...thats the link above.

Someone just posted the CAO in the Hot deals section...5 for 15 bucks.
So if someone runs a sale on a cigar msrp is out the window?...not being a smartass I swear, just trying to figure this thing out. I haven't found a site or a store that sales the CAO for 3 bucks....other than the HOT deals thing.

Either way...I'm learning a tremendous amount from all this, and will walk away from this thing with alot more knowledge on all this than I thought I would...thx.

Well on your link the CAO is 5.25 and the La Aurora Preferidos Ltd. Ed. '06 is $10. So either link you use, the trade is a little lopsided. I think the issue was the confusion about the $4 La Aurora which is not the same cigar. Also, I don't use singles pricing. I use the box price. That is just the way I do things, but either way the values should be the same as long as you are consistent.

Brandon

P: Padilla Miami 8/11 Lancero($9-$10) T:48. La Aurora Preferido($9-$10)

P:A.Fuente Anejo #55($20-$27) T:80. Ashton ESG($18-$25)

P:Opus X xXx ($9-$15) T.Padron 1926 #2 Mad($16-0n all 3 sites I found)(was told by other BOTL's that was too high, I couldnt find them however)

After talking with several via Pm and looking at about 6 sites heres my P's & T's. If you disagree with them, please explain and give a link. I hoping to learn all I can.

LOYD

To me, it still looks like the last two shouldn't work, but the xXx has already been discussed.

However, a $10 stick for a $20-25 stick just doesn't add up to me. Please let ME know how this is working FOG's.