• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Pass

Interesting that you're loading up with Cameroons, too - I had a Serie G Special G while walking the dog tonight. Nice :)

I hate to say this (because I want to smoke them) but ... in keeping with the spirit of the pass, the HTF for HTF rule is not in effect. So the price is the price, HTF or not. (Damn.)

I think Gary's p/t's look great(I could always use another WOAM :sign:) but just so I'm clear, we are allowed to include rarities/htf's in our puts? Just want to make sure.

The HTF for HTF rule is not in effect, so you can, hypothetically, put a HTF in or take a HTF out. I'm stating that the rule is not in effect in order to keep with the spirit of the pass, so keep the spirit of the pass in mind as you consider your p/t's.

If you intend to put one in, drop me a line as a sanity check - Gary did that beforehand and it was very much appreciated. A classy guy in many respects.

I hate to say this (because I want to smoke them) but ... in keeping with the spirit of the pass, the HTF for HTF rule is not in effect. So the price is the price, HTF or not. (Damn.)

I think Gary's p/t's look great(I could always use another WOAM :sign:) but just so I'm clear, we are allowed to include rarities/htf's in our puts? Just want to make sure.
I thought long and hard on that too DeVonn. Initially, I had Natural wrappers in place for those two cigars, but I wanted to close the financial gap between the P&Ts by making them Maduros. But more than that, I wanted to add a little spice to the Pass for those members that never smoked one of them. I still used regular pricing and didn't really put that high of a premium on them....40 or .50 additional.

Like Marco said...they can be had price-for-price.

A classy guy in many respects.

Agreed 100%!

I thought long and hard on that too DeVonn. Initially, I had Natural wrappers in place for those two cigars, but I wanted to close the financial gap between the P&Ts by making them Maduros. But more than that, I wanted to add a little spice to the Pass for those members that never smoked one of them. I still used regular pricing and didn't really put that high of a premium on them....40 or .50 additional.

Like Marco said...they can be had price-for-price.

This was the one rule of the pass(#7) that I thought would be interesting to see played out. By the time you get to the last leg of a pass, certain numbers have been churned so many times, incrementally increasing in value, I figured it would have been difficult for this not to have happened eventually. Great additions imo.

Marco...

If I get the Pass today or tomorrow (USPS hasn't updated the status of the package at all), I want to turn it right around and do a hand off to Devonn on Saturday at a local B&M. We have discussed it already via PM last night and are in agreement.

Is that OK with you? LMK

Thanks

This was the one rule of the pass(#7) that I thought would be interesting to see played out. By the time you get to the last leg of a pass, certain numbers have been churned so many times, incrementally increasing in value, I figured it would have been difficult for this not to have happened eventually. Great additions imo.

True enough. I thought about ratcheting at the start, and have refined my thoughts as I go along.

First, ratcheting is exacerbated by a small volume, because you get more churn on a smaller volume, especially as a number won't be picked up. So I put a fairly large quantity in place.

Second, with respect to p/t's, I decided to consider p/t's on balance rather than in isolation - this developed over time with Gonz's advice, but I've certainly become more flexible in this respect.

Third, HTF's or ISOM's. I hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with it, and in a way my decision was a way to not deal with it: by making like the conflict doesn't actually exist.

This isn't my treatise on how everyone should run a pass. Jonesy's newbie pass deals with it very differently, but that's the point of the newbie pass - to acquaint everyone with the rules and customs. Swissy's puppy pass is a little more relaxed, but there were very few newbies and the assumption is that you know your stuff and your reputation's worth more than some tobacco, otherwise you wouldn't be there. (I admit, however, to putting the world's most annoying dog toy in the pass.) This pass is more collegial - perhaps it's a quantity-not-quality pass, but despite the odd disagreement, it's been fun, and that's the best part of it.

True enough. I thought about ratcheting at the start, and have refined my thoughts as I go along.

First, ratcheting is exacerbated by a small volume, because you get more churn on a smaller volume, especially as a number won't be picked up. So I put a fairly large quantity in place.

Second, with respect to p/t's, I decided to consider p/t's on balance rather than in isolation - this developed over time with Gonz's advice, but I've certainly become more flexible in this respect.

Third, HTF's or ISOM's. I hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with it, and in a way my decision was a way to not deal with it: by making like the conflict doesn't actually exist.

This isn't my treatise on how everyone should run a pass. Jonesy's newbie pass deals with it very differently, but that's the point of the newbie pass - to acquaint everyone with the rules and customs. Swissy's puppy pass is a little more relaxed, but there were very few newbies and the assumption is that you know your stuff and your reputation's worth more than some tobacco, otherwise you wouldn't be there. (I admit, however, to putting the world's most annoying dog toy in the pass.) This pass is more collegial - perhaps it's a quantity-not-quality pass, but despite the odd disagreement, it's been fun, and that's the best part of it.

I think you're doing a fantastic job with your first pass Marco. You're like an old pro. ;)

I think you're doing a fantastic job with your first pass Marco. You're like an old pro. ;)
....a very cool, old pro! :thumbs:

I got the box! I haven't gone through it yet, I'll do that in the morning after it acclimates over night from the cold trip.

Good to hear...damn USPS had me worried about this one..glad it found it's way to your home

I just had time to go through the Pass...all looks well. The humidity gel is fine and the cigars are in good shape.

I reused two of the bags for my PUTS (a little alcohol removed the old marker numbers from the bags without any residual odor) and I added some singles bags just in case.

I made a quick 'Copy & Paste' of the current Pass cigar list, printed it out and added it to the Pass folder.

Marco, thank you very much for inviting me to your inaugural Cigar Pass and being the most gracious host....I'm proud to have been a part of this great group of guys you assembled. :thumbs:

I handed the Pass off to DeVonn last night and all went well.

We all anxiously await his P&Ts.... :laugh:

Alright gents, let me know what you think.........

122. T) Sudeste Cubano Corona Gorda (MindRiot) - $6.00 - Silo House Brand.
123. P) Gran Habano Cabinet Selection Robusto - $7.45 - CI/Famous/Holts - This is the latest Gran Habano offering and I guess their top shelf cigar. If you like the Corojo #5's, you'll love these. Somewhat similar in profile but these are much more refined. I love them and had to get one into the pass because I haven't seen anything about them yet on CP. The price is obviously disproportionate but, the average of the price I actually paid and the avg. price at the retailers listed comes within pennies of the Sudeste.

110. T) La Aroma de Cuba Monarch - $4.11 - Holts/Famous/Best
124. P) Gran Habano Corojo #5 Lancero - $3.64 - Atlantic/Famous/Best - You won't be able to take your eyes off of the beautiful red corojo wrapper on these. Sweet and spicy with a kick. Definitely my new favorite vitola in the line.

114. T) 5 Vegas Limitada Belicoso - $5 - CI
125. P) Illusione 68 - $5.14 - Best/Famous - One of my favorites in the Illusione line. A really fantastic short smoke that starts peppery and settles into a very flavorful smoke. Great to have on hand for those cold winter months.

55. T) La Aurora 1495 Robusto - $6.11 - Holts/Bonita/Famous
126. P) LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro - $6.82 Holts/Bonita Famous - If you're looking for one of the strongest smokes out there, then this is one to try. This cigar is an outstanding example of a balance between power and flavor. To me there are some sweet notes, but mainly vegetal, earth and leather! Just make sure you have something in your stomach. While some strong cigars are strong just for the sake of being strong, these have a purpose.

113. T) 5 Vegas Miami Churchill - $5.50 - CI
127. P) Pepin Blue Generosos - $6.69 - CI/Holts/Best - If you can't tell by now, I like spicy cigars and this is no exception. The Pepin Blue line has that typical Pepin flavor backbone, with a li'l twist that makes this flavor profile all it's own. Sweet and spicy, there is rarely ever more than a nub left of these when I'm through. This is another one with pricing disparity but it's the same situation as the GH Cabinet Selection. The avg. of the price I paid and the avg. price at the retailers listed puts these within a reasonable proximity to each other.

I haven't had the chance to go through and do a thorough inspection but I'll take care that this evening. Pending approval, as long as I can shovel myself out tomorrow, this will be back on the road.

Those p/t's look good to me. :thumbs: I'm gonna have to try those Gran Habano cab selection.

Hope all is well, guys!!

Derek

Has anyone heard from Marco?

DeVonn's P&Ts look good...we have to get this show back on the road and into Kimberly's husbands hands...you know, good old what's his name :laugh:

Sorry, guys - totally wiped these days, and trouble in paradise, etc etc. Anyhow, pt's look good, approved. I'll log on tomorrow evening and update the master list.

Sorry, guys - totally wiped these days, and trouble in paradise, etc etc. Anyhow, pt's look good, approved. I'll log on tomorrow evening and update the master list.

Good grief man! You scared the chit outta me! I was about to go combing the mean streets of Swarthmore for your ass! :laugh: Got me calling and leavin' messages on the wrong people's phones! :sign: Glad to hear you're ok. :p