• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Pass

10:56am. This has been a fun pass and thanks for the contest Marco.

For the contest... 2:12pm

Well damn... I thought Marco had the list updated. I got an email with a list but it was after I posted my P/T's.

Back to the drawing board. I'll post new ones tonight or tomorrow.

Let's try these... let me know your thoughts?

T: 121) WOAM / P: 128) La Riqueza #3

T: 107) LFD Double Ligero L700 / P: 129) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

T: 126) LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro / P: 130) Don Pepin Blue Label Delicias
I think Sam took the WoA Maduro....

Take #121 WAOM $7.35 @ Holts
Put #131 Illusione H1 Panatela $7.68 @ Famous

The AF Hemingway Signature Maduro is still in the Pass.

Sam took the LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro as well...

Take #126 LFD Double Ligero Chisel $6.82 @ Holts
Put #132 Kristoff Maduro Matador $6.69 @ Texcigars and $7.19 @ Famous

Well Mike, 1 outa' 3 isn't bad :laugh: the La Flor Dominicana DL 700 is still there!

Did Sam send you the updated sheet we've been using?

All but Sam's are in place - consider the suspense part of the pass experience. (Actually, my fault - I have no idea where time goes these days. Probably in traffic on the turnpike, come to think of it.)

Alright let's try this again!

T: 123) Gran Habano Cabinet Selection Robusto / P: 136) La Riqueza #3

T: 107) LFD Double Ligero L700 / P: 137) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

T: 132) Kristoff Maduro Matador / P: 138) Don Pepin Blue Label Delicias

Alright let's try this again!

T: 123) Gran Habano Cabinet Selection Robusto - $7.45 - CI/Famous/Holts
P: 136) La Riqueza #3 - $7.85 - CI/Silo/Tower

T: 107) LFD Double Ligero L700 - $6.11- Famous/TexCigars/CI
P: 137) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles - $5.98, Silo/Famous/Tower

T: 132) Kristoff Maduro Matador - $6.70 - TexCigars/Atlantic/Famous
P: 138) Don Pepin Blue Label Delicias - $6.60, CI/TexCigars/Famous
Looks Good Mike...at least these are all in the Pass :laugh:

The pass arrived today, it's at my house. I'll check over everything tonight and do my swaps.

Marco, I should have this out tomorrow... Saturday at the latest.

Sweet glad to see it got there so quickly.

I'll say 10:33 am, thanks for the contest.

9:38 AM Thanks for the contest.

in2xshp - if that Padron 2000 is too badly damaged, let me know and I will send you a new one.

It's not that bad Dave just a spot at the edge of the cap I figures after I cut it and chew on it for a bit it will be just like it wasen't there, but thanks for the offer

I'm looking through the pass now and totally missed that there was a 4 p/t minimum. So here's one more P/T for your approval...

T: 119) AF Hemingway Signature Maduro / P: Padilla Miami 8/11

Alright Pass is ready to go.

Marco, check your Inbox... then I can send this puppy back!

Approved - and you nearly let the signature maduro slip through. (You were supposed to get it, subtle hint). Answer's in your inbox.

It's on its way Marco!

DC: 0103 8555 7495 8051 5588

Here are my notes for the smokes I've put:

La Riqueza #3: I love the Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.. it's very dark and rustic. It packs a ton of good flavor. I love smoking these and I'm considering a box purchase.

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles: This was the first real box of cigars I ever bought. I believe this was also the first Tatuaje I ever smoked and I loved it. Just a lot of that good Nicaraguan flavor from Pepin. Still one of my all time fav's.

Don Pepin Blue Label Delicias: I've actually not had this vitola, but since I'm the proverbial "Pepin-whore" I love the blue label smokes that I've had. I think I got this one in a trade, and I'm sure whoever smokes this one will love it.

Padilla Miami (8/11): If you caught my review on the new Padilla 1932's now being rolled in Padilla's factory (formerly Pepin's factory), I wrote that I noticed a definite change in flavor... and not really for the better. These Miami's were also rolled by Pepin until recently. It's been a while since I've had one of the Pepin smokes but I smoked one of these new ones last night and WOW... I love it. Lots of good creamy flavor... mellow... lasting finish. I really enjoyed this one and I'm also considering a box purchase of these. And I like the new bands too :) This one is a real gem and might now rank as my top smoke from Padilla. Another note... I'm not sure it's called the 8 & 11 anymore... it doesn't say it anywhere on it.

Well, the pass has come to a conclusion. Thank you, everyone. It's been quite the experience, and I think that I'll do it again (although perhaps the first couple of months of a new job is not the right time). You are all - every one of you - welcome to my next and every future pass.

I would like feedback on the pass - content of the original selection, decisions made, participants chosen, the concept as a whole and my participation as pass host. Post to the thread or PM me privately as your preference dictates.

I really appreciated reading the one-line reviews, and would also like the odd report on "reviewed" smokes - does your experience tally up with the original comments? Any comparisons/similar flavor profile?

As for the contest, the pass box arrived at unit at 0717 - so the winner is Boomer52, runner-up is in2xshp. Keep an eye on your mailboxes next week.

It was a pleasure doing business with you Marco. I'm glad I got to participate with this great group of guys. Some of which I did not know before this and now consider them as my CP friends. I learned alot and would be honored to be in any pass you hosted .

Good job all!!

I really enjoyed this pass and think the idea behind was genius. Often I get the feeling in a pass that I'm not ready for trading HTF's and CC, for various reasons, and I will not likely find things on the list readily at my B&M. This pass however gave the chance to try some new things that I can find easily on the web or in a shop. This means, if I like it I'm not left jonesing for more. Thanks to all the participants for making this a fun pass and especially Marco for hosting it.