• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stock Contest anyone?

Boy if I was you I would start out with some Kmart stock :D Maybe some enron if it is still available.

if everyone agrees with you, I'll stay in. Thanks for the support and thoughts there!

Gunpowder said:
Boy if I was you I would start out with some Kmart stock :D Maybe some enron if it is still available.
Actually, K-Mart is performing QUITE well. Though they still have some major issues, the progress they've made is astounding. Current value of KMRT is $34.94. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

We still need another body.

Anyone doing research yet?

dixieland_conjunction said:
Gunpowder said:
Actually, K-Mart is performing QUITE well. Though they still have some major issues, the progress they've made is astounding. Current value of KMRT is $34.94. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie
Dixie!

good to see you back on CP!

interested in the stocks?

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
Dixie!

good to see you back on CP!

interested in the stocks?
Thanks. :thumbs:

Yes, very much so, but I really don't have the time for this game, sorry. I don't even manage my real portfolio as well as I should (still up an average 37%/year over the last 4 years though :D)

Cheers,
Dixie

If no o0ne takes the last spot by sun., will just do this w/ 9 people.

will set it up over the weekend and give you guys the info.

:thumbs:

happy fri. all

top and updated.

this will officially start tommorrow [so everyone can sign up and get aquainted w/ the website.]

it will run from tues, March 16, to May 18th, a fri. [to extend it 2 days so we end at the end of the week.]

PMs are sent to the participants on how to sign in.

:thumbs:

Come on Gamelover2004 and Muley! Join in the fun so I can get a few more cigars at the end of this :p

It won't let me join? It says
Sorry, this competition started on 3/16/2004.
As part of the competition's rules, you are not allowed to join after 8:00am EST on this date.
What's up with that?
PLMK,
gamelover2004

Some interesting picks. forget the rankings yet though. It appears to lag a day and some of the math doesn't add up on some as the gains seem to be added in for some of the new guys who bought funds today but the fund purchase amount hasn't been taken out yet.

Since all are aboard now I for one would like to see what is behind those private acounts of Ivan and Geldor. Come on and make them public.

Muly- nice initial call on the VIAB. UJPIX you mised by a day the 1.90 increase :(

Interesting choices for some and will be interesting how we are in a week.

I would agree with making the stuff public.

will not make it a rule or anything, but really, is yer stuff that important to hide?
do you really have info on Blue Star Airlines? [ :D Wall Street joke]

I kept mine private till all did their initial purchases. Hey, feel free to steal my ideas. It will only set yo back $30 :D

I just didn't want anybody to laugh at what I was picking up. :p

Made mine public.

geldor1 said:
I just didn't want anybody to laugh at what I was picking up. :p

Made mine public.
:p :p :p :p :p :p I can't believe you picked that :p

actually haven't even looked yours up yet :D

FastDr and I still haven't figured out the rating system. Seems they do not factor in the borrowing of money in the total value. Fastdr shows a profit when he actually is in the hole. Seems to be only most of those who borrowed on margin are not accurate. I am refering to total value ranking as daily, weekly, & monthly we are ranked #1. Total value should be total minus loan owed and interest owed.

FastDR said:
It shows me as owning $28,500 worth of stock and sitting on $25,005.48 in cash for my total of $53,505.48 when in actuality I should have 28,500 in stock, -$3,500 in margin and -$8 in interest paid for a total of $24,992

Gametrail bought on margin and his seems to be ok math wise. the rest who knows why the margin is not being subtracted out.

aNYONE else puzzled?