• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stock Contest anyone?

okay, what gives - I logged in Saturday and posted orders to sell some holdings and buy new holdings all at market open. Here it is Monday night and I still have all of my original holdings (and lo' and behold - every one I tried to sell took a HUGE FRIGGIN LOSS) and they didn't complete any orders!

Is this thing rigged? I have to contest this thing - normally, I'd let it go, but we're playing for some sticks here! If the system won't complete orders, what's the use of playing?

Muley said:
okay, what gives - I logged in Saturday and posted orders to sell some holdings and buy new holdings all at market open. Here it is Monday night and I still have all of my original holdings (and lo' and behold - every one I tried to sell took a HUGE FRIGGIN LOSS) and they didn't complete any orders!

Is this thing rigged? I have to contest this thing - normally, I'd let it go, but we're playing for some sticks here! If the system won't complete orders, what's the use of playing?
It seems as though all transactions must be made during market hours...there seems to be a lot of bugs with this site :(

hmmm,
don't know what to say, have yet to have a prob. w/ this myself.

Site was recc. by a finance maj. friend of mine.

will check to see if there is any sort of problem that I can fix.

as to charging, as stated, there is a $30 'commission fee'.

But, if people do not like it being so high, I can lower it, post here to LMK

Mutual fund orders must be done before 4:00 PM to be completed by 7:30 PM the same evening. If after 4:00 PM it is prosessed on the next evening.

According to the site, stocks will be processed on the next morning at 9:30 am "IF" enough volume occurs to make the buy.

As refered to earlier, the margin buys of most were not handled correctly by the site. Not sure if customer service can correct it. I noted later margin trades were handled correctly by the site.

ITs just sticks Muley :D

Today's Performance for Fast4Dr in CigarPass

Trading Date Start Value Current Value Gain/Loss % chg
3/23/2004 $100,687.69 $104,383.69 $3,696.00 3.67%

The stats for my first day of trading....all positions were held for roughly 2 hours.....I was in and out of 6 positions today....we'll see how I do tomorrow

finally, after 4 days of trying to sell that frigging UJPIX mutual fund (and a lsoss of 4000 or so dollars) they let me drop the dumb thing!

I had another good day :)

Today's Performance for Fast4Dr in CigarPass

Trading Date Start Value Current Value Gain/Loss % chg
3/24/2004 $281,068.53 $290,669.16 $9,600.63 3.42%

OK Fast4Door...........what's the deal?

Looks like you've got this thing wired. I'm just jealous. I figured checkin' in on this thing a couple of times a day would be good enough. But you've taken daytrader to a whole new level. Do you have a job (or is this your job)?

We need to talk! I don't care much about this competition (even though I HATE to lose at anything), but you've obviously got your fingers right on the pulse!

I'm looking to make some pretty agressive moves in my Scott trade account and these types of exercises always peak my interest.

Share the wealth will ya :p

Knowledge is power, and greed is good!

I'm just cryin'. Congrats on the HUGE holeshot.

M. Gipson :(

Actually I believe Fast has taken advantage of the inital margin screwup that occured and is using the increased value to borrow more margin.

Anyway, how are we going to determine the winner considering all the bugs in this system....even though I am enjoying the experience. Anyone find another site that duplicates this type of contest that we can use for another contest?

How bout the next game being the one who loses the money the fastest? :D

gawntrail said:
OK Fast4Door...........what's the deal?

Looks like you've got this thing wired. I'm just jealous. I figured checkin' in on this thing a couple of times a day would be good enough. But you've taken daytrader to a whole new level. Do you have a job (or is this your job)?

We need to talk! I don't care much about this competition (even though I HATE to lose at anything), but you've obviously got your fingers right on the pulse!

I'm looking to make some pretty agressive moves in my Scott trade account and these types of exercises always peak my interest.

Share the wealth will ya :p

Knowledge is power, and greed is good!

I'm just cryin'. Congrats on the HUGE holeshot.

M. Gipson :(
I just have my finger on the pulse of the market :0 :sign: :sign: :sign:

Man that site is a joke. :angry:

Somehow it says I lost about $15000 somewhere/somehow.

I sold some stocks last night to take place at market open, and they do show as processed.

Then I tried to place an order using the $$ that I would get from the sale of stocks, yea I know - a brain fart, and it wouldn't let me as I didn't have enough $$$ on hand so I picked only enough shares as the money I had.

Now when I look at my transactions, it shows the order processed with the original 5790 shares of stock that would come to $14880. This money or stock is not showing up in my holdings. :(

3/29/2004 9:24:00 PM Day Order Buy WRPC 5790 Market Open Processed
3/29/2004 9:20:00 PM Day Order Sell SRV 410 Market Open Processed
3/29/2004 9:18:00 PM Day Order Sell SRV 1750 Market Open Processed

1 ivan37 $40,588.20 1.82 % 7
2 muley $68,900.10 0.80 % 21
3 CP-Gunpowder $25,313.95 0.67 % 8
4 rknicker $42,326.79 0.36 % 5
5 gawntrail $28,775.22 0.27 % 21
6 sblzrd65 $47,798.50 0.04 % 15
7 gamelover2004 $56,742.99 -0.30 % 6
8 Fast4Dr $398,060.29 -1.75 % 37
9 geldor1 $12,350.37 -5.42 % 14

3rd place for the week for me...I have a game plan....I think :D

Not sure Geldor1. Not a very stable website with lots of bugs ???

Member Login: Fast4Dr

Total Equity 406,002.48 Total Return 1,524.01%
Cash 406,002.48 Today's Return 0.00%
Margin 0 This Week's Return 3.58%
Interest Earned 126.47 This Month's Return 658.84%
Interest Paid 178.02

That's just disgusting!!!

NJ though.

Competition ID: CigarPass
Member Login: Fast4Dr

Total Equity 457,851.39 Total Return 1,731.41%
Cash 457,851.39 Today's Return 0.00%
Margin 0 This Week's Return 0.01%
Interest Earned 554.97 This Month's Return 62.90%
Interest Paid 247.63

Rank Username Net Worth % Return # Trans
1 Fast4Dr $457,851.39 1,731.41 % 40
2 gamelover2004 $60,319.47 141.28 % 6
3 rknicker $42,131.53 68.53 % 5
4 ivan37 $38,196.41 52.79 % 7
5 sblzrd65 $34,757.03 39.03 % 24
6 gawntrail $33,115.35 32.46 % 21
7 CP-Gunpowder $25,941.05 3.76 % 9
8 geldor1 $18,447.25 -26.21 % 17
9 muley $1,581.71 -93.67 % 28

yep, that's me on the bottom there. I gave up after so many headaches of trying to get the system massaged well enough to what I wanted, when I wanted. It became so frustrating that I just decided if everyone determined this contest is legit and fair, I'd just concede and send the winner their sticks.

Read: Don't expect to see anyone else at bottom for the rest of the contest.

I'm happy to be in second considerring I haven't done anything since the middle of the second week in the line of trades. :thumbs: I was wondered how Fast4Dr is so far ahead of the rest of us? :lookup:

sir-smokes-a-lot - You said your friend made this site, it wasn't Fast4Dr was it? :)
How is the winner going to be determined? Are we going by who made the most profit with the amount we started with and not the game glitch cash Fast4Dr got or what? ??? I mean if the glitch counts then we all might as well just send Fast4Dr our sticks now because he has us all beat severely. ??? I am just curious if we all stand a chance or not? ???

Just posting a few of my questions and concerns,
Steve :)

gamelover2004 said:
I'm happy to be in second considerring I haven't done anything since the middle of the second week in the line of trades. :thumbs: I was wondered how Fast4Dr is so far ahead of the rest of us? :lookup:

sir-smokes-a-lot - You said your friend made this site, it wasn't Fast4Dr was it? :)
How is the winner going to be determined? Are we going by who made the most profit with the amount we started with and not the game glitch cash Fast4Dr got or what? ??? I mean if the glitch counts then we all might as well just send Fast4Dr our sticks now because he has us all beat severely. ??? I am just curious if we all stand a chance or not? ???

Just posting a few of my questions and concerns,
Steve :)
I think this contest is VOID. The only feasible way to figure out my true total would be to start with the 1st trade then add the % I made to that on following trades......a lot of work and still not accurate.....

It's all about selling short stocks that are getting crushed by the rest of the market ....getting a couple of % a day adds up quick

I did pass the Series 7 when I was 18 though :)

Well this was a good idea in the beginning but it has been an experience. Assuming this contest is voided due to site problems, maybe we can keep an eye out for a different site and do this over someday. Fast can't play though :p