• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sun Growns

Yeah moki, check vitolas.net if you haven't seen it yet...... :laugh:

Sorry, my mistake, Anejo wrappers 6-8 months in cognac barrels, and Opus in rum. Check vitolas.com if you are not already aware of it, interesting site. Flavoring agents have been used on tobacco almost since tobacco has first been consumed. Licorice is the most common agent used, but various spirits are also popular. Any historical book on tobacco will tell you that. Most tobacco in its naturally occuring state is quite harsh, and various ways have been experimented with to mellow it out to pallatable porportions.

lol Vitolas.com is Moki's website.

I suspected as much from his ver batim quote from that site. Nevertheless a good website.

Sorry, my mistake, Anejo wrappers 6-8 months in cognac barrels, and Opus in rum. Check vitolas.com if you are not already aware of it, interesting site. Flavoring agents have been used on tobacco almost since tobacco has first been consumed. Licorice is the most common agent used, but various spirits are also popular. Any historical book on tobacco will tell you that. Most tobacco in its naturally occuring state is quite harsh, and various ways have been experimented with to mellow it out to pallatable porportions.

Thanks, I'll check that vitolas.net site for more info! :whistling:

BTW, I still think you're misunderstanding what these various "agents" are used for... coconut husks are also used, but not as a "flavoring agent"

I can't believe no one mentioned my favorite SG. Fuente Schmente, The La Flor Oscuro Natural rules.

HAve any of you tried the Cuban Belicoso? They are pretty damn good!! ;)

Yes they are good and I just recently scored a box for heck of a price... :p

I just got a 8-5-8 SG from Vortex yesterday. I'm looking forward to trying it. Is the 858 SG something that you NEED to age?

Had a VSG Enchantment that I bought a couple of months ago. Now that was a cigar!!! Are the rest of the VSG as delicious as this one?

As a newbie to cigars i have been trying to figure out what i like and dont like. I have already tried two sun growns, those being the double chateau Fuente and the Perdomo reserve, however, these have been two of my favorite cigars. So i thought i would go to the boards and find out what others like in the sun grown wrappers. Any suggestions.

GO HOKIES

RPSG nice price for a fiver

You have till tomorrow.