• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tattoo's

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='832745' date='Mar 14 2009, 07:16 AM']I have a skeleton piper, an idea adapted from a DKM album cover. The tartan of the kilt is done in Graham family colors for my ancestry. Behind it are a bunch of pikes because I wanted to work some Clancy Brothers/Irish into it. I also have big list of things I want done. Next up is a mad scientist on my right arm with my date of graduation, first position and hopefully tenure. I'm keeping all of mine in concealable places because I don't know how well a sleeved professor is going to get a tenure track position. After tenure I can do whatever the wife allows.

Dec202008023.jpg

Edit:added the pic[/quote]

Feels like i have seen this somewhere.

I am looking to get "Leges" on my upper back soon. Leges means law, and is the open motto for my fraternity.

Then probably a nola themed something.

I don't have any ink as of yet but I'd really like to get my family's coat-of-arms (I'm of Irish descent) on my back between my shoulder blades.

If you don't enjoy pain, then I wouldn't suggest that area. I know this area all to well. Thats where one of mine is done and let me tell you. Its not a pleasant walk in the park.

Already mentioned this and its no joke. I had one done (arm/shoulder) and thought "ah, no big deal if I get one on the back" boy was I wrong. Its not so much that my back area was more receptive to pain as when he wasnt going over the bone it was no big deal. But when they start bouncing that needle off your spine its just a whole 'nother experience. The closest thing I can think of is go out with a screwdriver and find some rather rough cement. Just drag that along and try to imagine that gritty bouncing feel on your spine because thats what its like (sans pain). I wont discourage you from getting it there, I love mine. Just dont go into it thinking its no big deal, especially if youve never had ink before. Any tattoo artist will tell you that anything over the bone is going to hurt the worst.

I have a few. The first one is a goalie mask with crossed goal sticks in the format of a skull and crossbones. Around that is netting in a somewhat celtic design. In the background are black clouds with lightning bolts. Those are on my right arm. On my left arm I have a piece that I designed for my dog after she passed away. I'm very proud of this design as it's an ambigram that spells out her name as well. To the side of that I have two large playing cards, a Jack and King to represent my initials. I plan on getting more whenever I land a job.

Memorial to my father. It's about 10in. tall, on my right rib cage. Hurt like nothin else.

Derek

You guys have some good stuff. I have a koi fish on the outside of my left upper arm. It's eventually going to be a 1/2 sleeve, when I get the money and decide how I want to finish it. I'll try to get pics up later.

Here go two of my three:

Introducing....My Gut

Mar14_0001_0001.jpg

Top says Never Sober
Bottom says Nasty Los
Yo Nasty you killing me LMAO with never sober, was you drunk when you got it?
Or you were watching too much barbershop 2 you should’ve gotten “THUG NASTY"

I was 17. It was exactly this size: Never Sober.

Now it's this size: NEVER SOBER

All that Hennessy and Heineken does damage

Here is one from the Summer of '07. I wanted a Jesus Fish on my ankle, but this takes it to the next level with the Trinity symbol blended into the fish as fins...

100_0667-0.jpg

I also have a cross on my upper arm (no pic).

I was about to start a thread asking this same question, when I did a search like a good newb. So now I'm just going to necro-bump.

I saw Mr. Peat say in the daily comments that he just got some ink done, so it got me wondering, what do y'all have ( especially if you have something new since the last time this thread went around)?

I am in the process of tying to figure out what I want. Thinking I want to get my family crest with my wife and kids names encircling it, probably going to be on my shoulder or upper arm so it can be covered when needed.

Latest one is a spiral staircase on my right side. I like it a lot. I planned it out, met the artist, paid the deposit, and laid down for him to start and he says to me, "You know this is one of the most painful spots to get a tattoo, right?"

Haha, gee, thanks for tell me now.

Honestly it wasn't that bad, but everyone's pain tolerance is different (plus I have a lot of padding in that area).

I'm sure there will be more in the future but I don't have any ideas brewing currently.

I got Japanese woodblock waves on my left shoulder. I just met with the guy today to design an upper back piece of a dragon going in and out of water. Same woodcut design.

Addicting and expensive.

I would love two Japanese style sleeves. But, dont think that would go over well with patients.

Depends on the patients. If I saw tattoos on my doctor it would give me a nice topic to start a conversation.

I just added a new one on my right shoulder. I have to get the home tattoo redone on the back as well. Then already have decided what will go one the left shoulder area. Once its complete and healed, I will post a picture. It will be interesting to see it complete in November if all goes well. Speaking of which, damn my back itches. :laugh:

My latest was done just this past February. I finally met the artist I was able to trust to do a full sleeve. It's done "old school" with no color, just lines and shading (I see a lot of sun and there are certain brands of red ink I'm allergic to).

It consists of 2 hawks, a giant dead tree, a samurai, a pagoda, the sun, mountains, and maple leaves. Even though my dad is still with us, he had a 5 month stint through 3 hospitals and 2 nursing homes before I could bring him home, so this was a way for me to pay tribute to that journey.

In my main profession, no one sees my tattoos because of all the gear I have on, but in my spare time I work with mentally challenged adults and they have never complained about my professionalism towards them so when people judge me about looks I just laugh at them because they would have done the same to my participants. It's all about who I serve that matters.

I have seven. Including 1 each from Pinky Yun (Hong Kong) and Johnny Two thumbs (Singapore). The others are all domestic.