• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Black Tubos

I could think of a more inefficient use of space... How about a tube, in a coffin, in a box??? haha

But seriously, they are huge.

The box size is plain ridiculous. You couldn't find a more inefficient use of storage space if you tried. While they are nice looking boxes, they are completely impractical for storage in a humidor.

These will only fit in Christian's humidor, since it's a 15x20 walkin.

He offered to store mine but I refused, due to the fact I'd get empty boxes back.

Had a Black Tubo and it tasted a little like paint thinner in the beginning.

Well I have to say that when I see things like this I try to verify myself before falling into all the hype. So I took all my Blacks out of the tubes and put them in the humidor for some stabilization time. I have gone through and smoked a bunch in the box and they were ok. Not super stellar, like Blacks of previous release, but a really ok smoke. Well this morning I got my first one that tasted like paint thinner. That was just plain NASTY. And the weird thing was that it wasn't the entire smoke. It was just the intial light and the first couple puffs. And you could actually smell it in the smoke too. The rest of the smoke I did not get that taste back again. Although I did get a nice head rush from the initial light..ahahaha

Now I don't want to turn my comment into a Pete Bashing, only saying how disappointed I was that these just aren't up to the bar previously set.
I really hope the rest of the box don't have "that taste".

I'm taking your advice Isy and going to try the Red's instead.

Art

Smoked a Red last night at the suggestion of a friend. I thought it was really pretty good, considering I'm not a fan of the original Verocu's...

Outlaw got 'em in Friday. Smoked one yesterday and it tasted fantastic but I was lighting it constantly. A little down time will do them good.

I picked one up at Outlaw Monday and had the same experience. Cutting it a little higher helped a lot with tightening the draw and keeping a good cherry.

Almost bought a box of the Blacks yesterday, but decided to sit and smoke a single first..............Did not really care for it compared to the original vitola and Robusto.
I think the wrapper makes these cigars and the quite larger RG overwhelms it.

Almost bought a box of the Blacks yesterday, but decided to sit and smoke a single first..............Did not really care for it compared to the original vitola and Robusto.
I think the wrapper makes these cigars and the quite larger RG overwhelms it.

I feel the same. I am hoping some down time helps

I'm gonna have to jump on the red tube band-wagon here. I've smoked both and found the red to be outstanding while the black went out a million times and flaked all over the place.

HEADS UP...copy/paste from a comment I posted on another forum. I wanted to bring this to every bodies attention...

One thing I do want to point out about this shipment, is the pic that Greg sent me upon receiving this package. Apparently there was some damage to the cap of the Black Tubo when he removed it from the tube.

TatSelection001.jpg

I've only smoked (opened) two of these myself, and didn't see this. But this might warrant checking the cigar at the shop before leaving...so that if there's an issue, it can be taken care of without a hassle. I'll be sending another Tubo to Greg to replace this one...but it'll be shipped outside of the tube. ;)

I'm on the Red Tubo Band Wagon also. After suckin on 2 of those black Paint sticks. I just won't go there. These are not like Blacks of days gone past....Maybe the downtime will help them out, I just dont know...

Art

I would definitely check the condition of your Reds and Blacks. I had one or two Reds damaged in each of my boxes. No damage to the Blacks, though.

Handed my buddy a Black last night try. Right out of the tube the wrapper was unraveled a bit near the foot. He attempted to smoke it thinking that he could get past the portion of questionable wrapper. The cigar exploded and split half way up the side. I just removed all of the remaining blacks that I have from the tubes and they're ok. But I've had two bad cigars that were given to somebody else...so out of a box, that's 20% un-smokable. That's unacceptable.

I checked all mine the other day and they are all good. I have smoked both the red and black and have to agree with most here that the blacks were missing something where as the reds were great to smoke. I think both will improve greatly with some time.

AND, although I hate to say it, I did have some metal/iron taste towards the end in the red...over all good smokes that need some time.

The Tat Black I smoked was fine. It had some of the taste that I remembered from the jar release but just a hint. I agree that with some down time they'll blossom up pretty good

i have two boxes of red from different vendors and from each box i have had 1 with wrapper issues. seems the wrapper is very delicate, while i smoked the first one with wrapper issues it started to go bad on me and the wrapper started to break apart more. the second damaged one is still in the humi it has a half inch crack in the foot. 10% damage rate for me. still tasted pretty good though.

I purchased a box of reds from a vendor and half the box of cigars came damaged. There were no signs of damage on the shipping box or that which the cigars came in but the reds themselves were damaged at the tip. I notified the vendor and they had me send them back. They are working on sending me another 5er.

The blacks have been very inconsistent with there quality. The picture below is two blacks, both out of the same box. One burned perfect, the other like crap.
CopyofIMG00041-20091225-2150.jpg