• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TESB Herf & Benefit !

I'm awake now I think. Thanks to Isy, Brian, the crew of Uptown Cigar, and all that donated their time, energy, sticks and their hearts to pull off this event to help Bill. It was phenomenal what put together by/for all that attended. We were treated like kings, being served (yes...food was brought to us so as not to disturb our smoking :blush: ) the most fabulous BBQ I've ever had. There are many pics to come, but here are a few of the CP crew for now.

Noon Time

Noon.jpg

Tazman educating the youngin's

NoonA.jpg

Moving along...Ed (SPIVY) contemplating his next big score

MovingAlong.jpg

LouieD

Lou.jpg

Service with Style

Service.jpg

Brandon (northmiler89 ~middle) Sam (in2xshp ~right)

Guys.jpg

Pete

Pete.jpg

Isy (uptown_isy) officially starts the Puff Puff Pass (Thanks ED!)

PPP.jpg

Some names/ handles would be nice to make the name-face associations!

I can spot Louie from a mile away though! Gig 'Em brother! :thumbs:

Eric (EricDriscoll) chooses to fore go his BBMF for his shot at PPP (ED can provide cigar details)

Priorities.jpg

Jim (stepthirteen) hitting the PPP "tastes nutty..."

PPPJim.jpg

Brian (bully1875) takes his turn

PPPBrian.jpg

2005 BBMF meets Pre-Embargo ISOM

YoungOld.jpg

Some names/ handles would be nice to make the name-face associations!

I can spot Louie from a mile away though! Gig 'Em brother! :thumbs:

All, please PM name/handle info to me as there are many that I forgot (I'm getting older) one or the other...and I'll edit the pics as the info comes in.

Thanks!

Isy (uptown_isy)...moving the goods at the auction

AuctionII.jpg

And the Tat Frank's go to...(name withheld to protect the buyers stash :laugh: )

Auction.jpg

Somebody brought Opus...but the cello was all yellowed... :whistling:

Opus.jpg

Nice pics!! The auction was great and the fine smokes just kept coming, I started with a BBMF and ended with a Tat Frank just to give an idea. The PP caused my biggest dilemma of the day, do I put down my BBMF to smoke a pre-embargo cuban or not? Well I made the tough choice and put down my BBMF for a moment and had to sit back and enjoy the nuances of this smoke. The pre-embargo started out with a floral taste that progressed into a nutty/cashew flavor. I was impressed how this smoke kept a refined balance to it after all these years, I think I will have to bust out my Henry Clay pre-embargo after enjoying this baby. Thanks Ed! By the way I kept one eye on the resting BBMF as by the looks of the crew any one of them would have been more than happy to help me smoke it. I can always count on my cigar brothers! :D

It was great to see all the regulars and to meet all of the other S / BOTL from CP & CF. The food, liquids and cigars were over the top. See you all soon this summer........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Huge thanks go out to Isy and the amazing Uptown crew! The food was to die for and the smokes that were going around were unbelieveable. Another big thanks to Barry from La Flor for showing up with a unreleased stick and hooking us all up! Thanks to Bryan for working with Uptown to get this all setup and to Jim for making the long haul out to the best coast.

Hope everyone made/makes it come find and best of luck to Bill and his family.

It was great meeting all of you and I am glad we stuck to it and made the trip out!

I cannot thank you guy's enough for all of the support and generosity that was shown this weekend.. It is people like you who make me a very proud member of the best cigar forum of the internet..

Thanks Isy for your hospitality and being a great host (and auctioneer)
Thanks to Zoey, Denise, Justin and Michelle for making this happen.
Thanks to Jim for making the trek out to the East coast..
Thanks to Ed and Dimitri for being so supportive and generous to us.

Special thanks to Barry @ La Flor Dominicana for allowing us to sample the new LFD Limitada IV (review to follow).

I can go on for hours thanking everyone but you all know who you are and none of this would have been possible without each and every one of you...

You all showed the true meaning of BOTL/SOTL..

Thanks again,
Brian

Guys, it was an unbelievable event and I just got home. What an event. Great group of people and I am amazed that this was able to be put together for a fellow BOTL. The puff puff pass cigar was a 1958 Por Laranaga Corona. There was def some interesting things that happened especially after finishing the scotch.

Until next time,
Ed

I forgot to put in a big THANKS to Brian(bully1875) for all of his efforts in managing this herf.

Job well done, bro :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ah man, I sure woulda loved to have been there with you guys! Looks like all had a great time with some excellent smokes going around. One of these days I'll make it to one of these gatherings dagnabbit!

Great event, thanks to Izzy and Brian for putting this together. It was great to meet some new people and have a few smokes with them, I just wish I could have stayed a little longer.

Ed, thanks for the Opus and the puff puff pass, that was really cool.

I can't wait for the next one.

Great pics Walt. I'll have some to follow tomorrow...left the camera in the store. But again, if anyone is missing a camera, let me know.

Thanks everyone for making the event so enjoyable. It was my first time out of the house in two weeks after surgery and I couldn't think of a better way to kick things off. Thanks for hosting, Isy, and thanks to each and every one of you for setting it up, attending, and/or donating. This was truly a fine example of the power, compassion, and caring of the BOTL and SOTL.

I have a few pics from the PPP and the beautiful LFD Cake that was made by the cooking crew.. Great job..

Isy getting the PPP started:

DSCN1970.jpg

We have lift off:
DSCN1972.jpg

NY's only CRA Ambassador Christian (EricDriscoll)getting in on the PPP:

DSCN1985.jpg

Jim (Stepthirteen) is blown away by the PPP:

DSCN1980.jpg

The LFD / Benefit raffle:

DSCN1986.jpg

The LFD Cake:
DSCN1968.jpg

One more of the LFD cake:
DSCN1969.jpg

Just got back to my home and just wanted to say I have a second home now! What a great time of cigars and interaction with some fantastic people!! The list goes on and on but I want to thank Bully for picking me up and driving me around the entire time!

Thanks Isy for being one of the best guys I have had the pleasure to meet. Thanks to Zoey, Denise, Justin and Michelle for allowing us to invade the shop and making us feel so welcome! Thanks to those (Ian) that cooked some fantastic grub!

Ed and Dimitri you guys rock and hopefully Ed will get Dimitri on here so he can participate and continue spending all of his money :). Walt great time talking and chatting with you it was a phenominal time! Louie, Taz, in2xshp great talking with you as well and I hope to see you again soon.

I could go on and on, but the truth is I am ready for the next one. Let me know.

Jim

I'm sad that we couldn't be there, but glad you all had a great time. And the pix are great. Brian, I smoked the "A" on Sat, thinking of you all, while you were herfing. Sam, we are looking forward to July 5th and seeing you and Kim. Isy, We will get up there sometime soon. Maybe in July or August. Ed, I was hoping to smoke the BBMFM with you, Jim, Walt and the rest of you as well. If anyone is anywhere near Virginia, please let us know...