• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The everlasting gobstopper pass

I wanted them all but just took a few

Puts:

109/ Perdomo Edicion Silvio Robusto
110/ Ramon Allones SS (isob)
111/ Montecristo #4 (isob)(2000)
112/ Partagas Shorts (isob)(2003)

Takes:

100/ Graycliff
108/ R/J cedros deluxe no.3
62/ Montecristo #3
58/ Bolivar Petite Corona

Gave the beads a drink and replaced the two batteries in one of the meters.

Leaving in the am so I ship this already. Let me know if everything is okey dokey!

Shipped to Michael

Michael I'll send you the DC# and Insured#<$500> in you PM!
Heads up---it's on it's way

Monte said:
I wanted them all but just took a few

Puts:

109/ Perdomo Edicion Silvio Robusto
110/ Ramon Allones SS (isob)
111/ Montecristo #4 (isob)(2000)
112/ Partagas Shorts (isob)(2003)

Takes:

100/ Graycliff
108/ R/J cedros deluxe no.3
62/ Montecristo #3
58/ Bolivar Petite Corona

Gave the beads a drink and replaced the two batteries in one of the meters.

Leaving in the am so I ship this already. Let me know if everything is okey dokey!

Shipped to Michael

Michael I'll send you the DC# and Insured#<$500> in you PM!
Heads up---it's on it's way

Thank for letting me play. I'm in if it goes another round! :thumbs:
monte....foul baby! ;)

you need to add a cigar....thems the rules! read the original post...

barney

servebig said:
hey folks just a reminder here...i put 25 great cigars in there and it looks as if when this thing makes it back around and goes out again i will get..ummmmmmmm about 25 cigars. so for those of you that appreciate my initial efforts, remember this ok? :D ;)

barney
You know.......... I think this may just be my most favorite post of this whole pass......... Don't get me wrong, this pass is just full of good ones, but I think this one here may be the best. :thumbs:

gibu said:
servebig said:
hey folks just a reminder here...i put 25 great cigars in there and it looks as if when this thing makes it back around and goes out again i will get..ummmmmmmm about 25 cigars.  so for those of you that appreciate my initial efforts, remember this ok?  :D  ;)

barney
You know.......... I think this may just be my most favorite post of this whole pass......... Don't get me wrong, this pass is just full of good ones, but I think this one here may be the best. :thumbs:
in a normal pass the host would get to keep everything on the backend, but in this case he (me) must originate a whole new pass with 25 cigars. this means that i will probably net somewhere around 10 cigars above what i started the pass with. so my hopes were that those who were going to be benifitting by hosting (and not putting in any cigars to do so) in the future, would be especially generous the first time around. make sense?

barney

I just realized, I may not live long enough to get a chance to host this pass........ :0

servebig said:
gibu said:
servebig said:
hey folks just a reminder here...i put 25 great cigars in there and it looks as if when this thing makes it back around and goes out again i will get..ummmmmmmm about 25 cigars.  so for those of you that appreciate my initial efforts, remember this ok?  :D  ;)

barney
in a normal pass the host would get to keep everything on the backend, but in this case he (me) must originate a whole new pass with 25 cigars. this means that i will probably net somewhere around 10 cigars above what i started the pass with. so my hopes were that those who were going to be benifitting by hosting (and not putting in any cigars to do so) in the future, would be especially generous the first time around. make sense?

barney
Yea........ I think I understand now what your trying to say...... :thumbs:

You know, I also found this in a post pinned at the top of the open cigar passes section........ Not that it has relevance here.... just another cool posting I found I supose would be the only conection really. :)

Box passes: My best cigar friend, Harold, died nine years ago this month. Pre internet he was the king of the boxpass. He smoked the best cigars, but rarely ever bought a cigar. Only when he was a few weeks from death did he tell me his method. Harold had the boxpass down to an art. Over many years, he’d cultivated scores of friends in the cigar world. He wrote well and was very knowledgeable and generous with information. He started ten boxpasses a year, each boxpass with ten different people. He’d begin a pass with 30 cigars; a couple super premiums, some premiums, several Cubans, and the rest, quality, branded and boxed, well known cigars. He’d learned that the newer a guy was, the less he’d take and the more he’d put, plus he knew there would always be a host bag. By Harold’s calculations and history, a pass that started with 30 sticks would bring home at least fifty and maybe sixty cigars; and that typically the host bag would have more Super premiums, premiums, and Cubans than the pass began with. When a pass returned to him, he had the material for the next pass and enough cigars for his daily after dinner smoke. Frankly, I thought my friend’s behavior was unconscionable. After all, he was a wealthy man who could easily afford to smoke anything he wanted. He thought it was humorous and a game.
He actually had a waiting list of guys trying to get into his boxpasses.

If there’s a lesson to be learned from my late friend, it’s the same as in trading: equal for equal is the best policy.
If you take five $6.00 cigars, put in five $6.00 cigars; not six, seven, or eight. If
you take five $6.00 cigars, don’t put in thirty $1.00 bundled sticks, even if the totals are both $30.00. Equal quality out=Equal quality in.
If you want to send the host a gift, send it to him. It shouldn’t have to travel with the pass. Do you really want a gifted PSD4 or Opus to travel for a month or longer in the mail? A boxpass should return to the originator with the same number of cigars with which it left him + the host bag, if there is one.

If there’s one thing I sincerely hope I get across in this overly lengthy post is that EQUAL is the best method in trading and passing. Don’t ever be intimidated by the post “Joe Schmoe is a great trader/passer. He took two Connies and put in one PAM, one Opus, and a new 1916.” That’s not the way passes and trades were meant to be. Boxpasses and trading are for developing friendships and gaining knowledge about our cigar hobby. There will always be a few people who get carried away in the spirit of brotherhood, and it’s the responsibility of others to calm the fires.

I just reread the original post and I did not make it mandatory to add one more put than take. I did offer it as a suggestion. Just remember that if everyone did what you did...there wouldn't be but 25 cigars to send out on the next round. ;) Monte thanks for playing...your puts and takes were fine. But if i'm not mistaken your numbering of the puts are off. if they aren't i have screwed up on updating the original page cuz i go from #105 to #109.

Barney

I just received the pass. I will go through it this evening and get it back on the road tomorrow :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
I just received the pass. I will go through it this evening and get it back on the road tomorrow :thumbs:
Today is the tommorow you talked about yesterday ;)

I'll post the info when I get home......I don't have it here at work

servebig said:
I just reread the original post and I did not make it mandatory to add one more put than take. I did offer it as a suggestion. Just remember that if everyone did what you did...there wouldn't be but 25 cigars to send out on the next round. ;) Monte thanks for playing...your puts and takes were fine. But if i'm not mistaken your numbering of the puts are off. if they aren't i have screwed up on updating the original page cuz i go from #105 to #109.

Barney
Well the last on the list inside the pass was 108 so I took that to mean I start a 109 with my puts? Wrong? :lookup:

Puts.jpg

Here is my play....

Takes:
19 - Sancho Panza Belicoso
67 - Montecristo #2
88 - RyJ Exhibicion #4
95 - VR Clasicos

Puts:
113 - Bolivar Corona Gigantes '98
114 - Partagas 898 GKI MAR04
115 - SLR Serie A PVC LL00
116 - Punch Churchill SUA EU00
117 - Quay d'Orsay Corona PEL OCT02

Thanks for letting me be a part of this

DC #0503 8555 7490 8505 0924

Backslide420 said:
Sweet puts :love:
i agree! most excellent fast....thank god you never started that original band pass!

more cigars for ussssssssssssssssss!!!!! :sign:

Monte said:
servebig said:
I just reread the original post and I did not make it mandatory to add one more put than take.  I did offer it as a suggestion.  Just remember that if everyone did what you did...there wouldn't be but 25 cigars to send out on the next round.  ;) Monte thanks for playing...your puts and takes were fine.  But if i'm not mistaken your numbering of the puts are off.  if they aren't i have screwed up on updating the original page cuz i go from #105 to #109.

Barney
Well the last on the list inside the pass was 108 so I took that to mean I start a 109 with my puts? Wrong? :lookup:

Puts.jpg
i figured it out....my bad!

your numbering was right on monte ;)

I have been in contact with almost everyone regarding the next goround on the gob, and it seems as if everyone wants to be in the second time. Gregor22 will be the lucky recipient on the backend. Rather than asking each of you in PMs, I thought it would be best to have a discussion here about a few things. First of all, the pass will have taken over 3 months to come full circle. I originally tried to have a "penalty stick" rule to try and speed this up, but a few of you had issues with that, and i understand. My only concern is that we do the best we can in speding it up so that everyone has a chance to host. I'm not sure that the penalty stick thing helped alot here because some people just kept it the few extra days and were happy to add...so we need to figure this out.

The other thing that I feel really strong about is the manditory addition of one extra cigar. I want there to be some sort of bounty for all of you when the box finally comes home.

The concerns regarding weight are no longer an issue thanks to cliff, who was nice enough to replace the otterboxes with tupperware. And I promise that the list will be geographicaly viable next time out! ;)

so lets all pitch in on how we want things to happen on the gobs next journey :D

barney

I agree with putting in 1 more stick than you took out. Lets everyone have better choices. Penalty stick sucked, some people hated it and some could care less about adding a penalty.