• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb

I'm glad the potato was a surprise! I'm just glad to pass along the fun.

Let's see where it lands next!!!

Alright you jerks! I go down to the front desk in the dorm today and I have 3 package slips, what is going on!

I find this big ole beat to heck box from Derek in IL and I have no idea what'd going on.

Well...now I do know what's going on!

So, thanks for the opportunity to play guys! I'll sort through it better tonight and see what's up. I looked briefly and haven't heard of a bunch of the stuff in there, but I saw a few things that piqued my interest! I'll get some stuff back in the box and ship it out to a worthy target this week. I have a fun plan.

So, from a college kid who is going through SEVERE financial struggles right now, way overwhelmed with school work, and workin his ass off as an RA, it feels great to be thought of! Thanks again!

Edit: I cannot spell

Oh and, are there any suggestions or requests for it? Does it need to be cleaned up or reduced in size? Just let me know...

edit: In having read a few pages back, It seems to have gotten to the point where there aint much worth anything. I spied 3 sticks to my liking, and will replace them accordingly, but past there I noticed there are probably only 5 or 6 sticks in here worth sending on.

There are 3 Fuentes, and 2 NC Montecristo's. Even I as a newb noticed that there wasn't too much in here at the moment. I'd love to get this thing fully restocked, but I dont have the funds nor the current stock to do it. I hardly have enough to replace what I took, and I'm going to add a few of my favorites from the local B&M, but What do y'all suggest?

It came in with over 9 bucks for shipping, the thing weighs a ton, and from the looks it's a ton of nothing.

Shall I thin it out and stock it with a few of my fav's (none of which are overly fancy) and the existing gooduns and send her out? Kill it totally? Send it on as is?

I'd like some advice from the creators. Thanks!

Andrew....

In my opinion (being as though I've been through a few of these in 2+ years on cigar boards) thin the herd A LITTLE BIT. Take a few cigars that don't necessarily grab your attention, but you may have a purpose for. Maybe a few to smoke while you wash the jeep, somethin cheap, but may end up being tasty. If you take a few of these, for example, connies...don't feel the need to replace them w/ crapola. If you see they've been floating for awhile and need some lovin` take em out...replace the few w/ maybe one stick that you enjoy. This will also help keep YOUR shipping costs down, while giving you a few more sticks to try...(believe me, you never know what you will or will not like...i picked up a Helix maduro for christ sakes! LOL) ----the blue tubo was my frist cigar, so i thought it was only proper to show it some lovin`. After you have thinned the herd a bit...do the P+T you wanted to and then ship off to a FOG or a CP Veteran. If I were you...I wouldn't want to be the one to kill an HPB. I would do my best to revive it (as best you can w/ your financial situation) and send her along.

Guys- we need to stop trying to kill this thing. Who knows what generous BOTL will start it up again, so if we want everyone to keep enjoying this, we MUST do our part.

FOGs please feel free to chime in...just speaking from the heart here....I really enjoyed receiving this, and would be VERY sad to see it die without trying to keep it afloat.

-Aaron

I'll figure it out. I'll swing by the Paiute indian smoke shop his week or weekend and grab some less expensive favorites of mine, stock it up to the best of my ability, grab some random stuff out of it on top of my P/T's and get it goin'. I just feel a little bad because I'm a newb and I don't have the resources to fill her full of premiums (I only ever have about 15 singles on hand, and only 3 or 4 are in the premium range).

So, in summation, I'll revive her to the best of my ability, and get her goin'.... after she loses some weight.

Andrew- if you're a newb....all the more reason to make her go on a diet. Have fun w/ it, but dont make her anorexic, :laugh:

Member AveryFilm is a good friend of mine, so I'll be offering him a few sticks too, as he's in the exact same situation as me.

I hope that isn't too bold...

Alright my friends, I took the advice given, I did the normal P/T's with some of my favorite cigars for others to try, then i grabbed a few sticks at random just to lighten it up a bit.

Target aquired, will get shipped this week.

So, it's in the mail. Sorry for the delay, I was aiming for friday but a bunch of shit went down in the dorms thursday night that I had to take care of (aint bein' an RA grand?) and I didn't get my school work done. So, without further ado...

DC# 0307 3330 0002 0462 9532

Finally, my first chance to PIF. I just wish I had better ability, at the moment things are stretched a little tight.

Because of passes like this one is the reason I joined this forum. Keep up the good work fellow BOTL

Being a 'noob, i'm not entirely sure how one gets involved with a little hot potato action but it sure sounds like fun! Anyone care to share?

Adam

If it comes your way, it's yours to do as you please. You randomly get it and then randomly send it off.

A big ol' box arrived today from Las Vegas. (Thanks Dr. M)

make sure you love her, for all of us

About 5 sticks were goners and they have been replaced, in addition to my 5 P/T. I think I counted 29 total.

This will go out tomorrow or Friday.

Point is, its a very expensive lesson if nobody learns from it. Have you communicated with the shipper?