• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The know your "FOGS" contest for newblers

Sorry my guesses were so bad =[ Last 2 weeks of the semester, Im really busy. Idk where everyone else is

I thought you were kidding when you said there were but three entries. Until I went back and found out you were right. :( . Cheese and rise new guys, is it that hard? Phil was right when he said there was a time when this would've been 12 pages long and nothing but guesses. Very generous of you #2. Alan, time to shave The Beard!

When I am assured of not waking to snow on the ground I will convert to my summer configuration. Since I woke up to an inch of snow this AM, now is not the time...

I've herfed with jfields, mysterea, CigarStone, and Seth, and have talked to each on the phone. Other than vendors here, I've talked to 3 other members on the phone, name one of them

Was that you that kept calling to ask about Prince Albert?

FOG Trivia

1) What does Devil Doc's wife call him?
2) What breed of dog rules the BlindedByScience household?
3) What type of car has Grateful1 been restoring?
4) What type of cigar "whore" is AVB known as?
5) How is Insight linked to Jack Sparrow?
6) What is the name of Swissy's boat?
7) LilBastage has a cult-like following in Kansas City for a certain feature. What is it?
8) Who is the hot woman in jfields avatar?

Prize Pack

Anejo #55
Tatuaje Anarchy
Padron 1926 Serie #2 Maduro
Opus X Perfecxion X
Diamond Crown Maximus #4
WOAM
New Silver Palio cutter w/pouch

If there is no winner in the time frame then I will randomly choose a newb (via a drawing) that has participated in this contest to send a package to. All answers can be found!

Good Luck!

Pardon my language guys, but from my standpoint, this was pretty fucking disappointing. There were a total of 3 entries, of which, one was just pretty much trying to be funny with the answers he didn't know. Here are the answers:

1) Chief
2) Chihuahua
3) 55 Chevy
4) Gurkha
5) An honorary pass participant who stole Phil's pass. (not sure Phil calls him honorary! :laugh: )
6) Swissy Baroo
7) His beard - I can't believe this one was missed with both Jake and Matt having it in their "funny" responses!
8) His wife. Britishfields

The original prize pack can still be received by either Barnaby or Ymmit if they can answer a final piece of trivia. If not, I will send a consolation prize to one of them by a random draw.

You can make a total of 5 guesses with no edits. You have until 11 pm EST tomorrow to complete your guesses. The answer is in the great abyss called Cigar Pass!

I've herfed with jfields, mysterea, CigarStone, and Seth, and have talked to each on the phone. Other than vendors here, I've talked to 3 other members on the phone, name one of them
guess one:
souldog

guess 2:

Infinity

RIP

Winner! Infinity was the only other one that I talked to multiple times. The other two were Grateful1 and Rebel Herfer. Send me you info via pm and I'll get this out to you on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to research your answers!

Found this little gem on some boating forums!

Some may ask what the 'Swissy Baroo' stands for... well, that's what I get for letting the "Wifely Unit©" help me name the boat! Basically, it stands for my happy place. We have dogs and no kids (not a bad arrangement! LOL) and those dogs are Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, affectionately called Swissys. And when they are terribly happy, they make a Baroo sound, almost like a coon dog. But only when they are terribly, terribly happy. And since I have seen boats called the happy place, this was a kind of play on words. That, and the fact that I like the fact that no one has a clue what it means!! :p (I use the handle Swissy since no one ever has it on the multitude of boards I frequent!)

source: http://hewescraft.30...4&st=0

:whistling:

I can remove the link if it violates any rules or if Swissy wants me to

wow... ok, this is the correct answer. the others listed the Swissy Baroo as a breed of dog,which is incorrect.

However... did anyone notice that there is a big bolder disclaimer in the rules for this contest?
Rules:
1) Must have joined no earlier than January 1st 2010 and no later than March 14th 2011.
2) No asshats allowed!
3) You are allowed 2 guesses and they must be at least 48 hours apart.
4) You are NOT ALLOWED to pm any of the FOGS that are included in the questions!
5) Contest will run exactly one week from the start time of this post

NO EDITING YOUR POST OR IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!

However, since only 3 (good GOD, nooblers!) people took the time to try and answer, I'll personally forgive that little slipup 2 of you made (the only 2 with the right answer). And here's a little more forgiveness - all three of you send me your info - engspot for being first to correctly answer, JackImpact for also answering correctly, and Ymmit07for an incorrect answer, but not edited. I'll get something to all three of you.

....that was a total of 4 people that took part in two different contests! :(

Nice of you to take care of all 3 guys Jim.

Shucks! Well thanks for the contest!!! Congrats Barnaby!

Thanks ymmit, congrats on your own victory as well

And thanks again to both Jonesy and Swissy for being gracious enough to hold these contests

Edit: Lost my manners for a moment

Wow! That is mighty kind of you Swissy. I was merely just following the rules. Thanks again for the hosting the contest guys! Its a fun way of learn about people. Swissy I"ll PM you my info.

Some may ask what the 'Swissy Baroo' stands for... well, that's what I get for letting the "Wifely Unit©" help me name the boat! Basically, it stands for my happy place. We have dogs and no kids (not a bad arrangement! LOL) and those dogs are Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, affectionately called Swissys. And when they are terribly happy, they make a Baroo sound, almost like a coon dog. But only when they are terribly, terribly happy. And since I have seen boats called the happy place, this was a kind of play on words. That, and the fact that I like the fact that no one has a clue what it means!! :p (I use the handle Swissy since no one ever has it on the multitude of boards I frequent!)

wow... ok, this is the correct answer. the others listed the Swissy Baroo as a breed of dog,which is incorrect.

However... did anyone notice that there is a big bolder disclaimer in the rules for this contest?
Rules:
1) Must have joined no earlier than January 1st 2010 and no later than March 14th 2011.
2) No asshats allowed!
4) You are NOT ALLOWED to pm any of the FOGS that are included in the questions!

However, since only 3 (good GOD, nooblers!) people took the time to try and answer, I'll personally forgive that little slipup 2 of you made (the only 2 with the right answer). And here's a little more forgiveness - all three of you send me your info - engspot for being first to correctly answer, JackImpact for also answering correctly, and Ymmit07for an incorrect answer, but not edited. I'll get something to all three of you.

I dont feel like I deserve it since I did break a rule. Thanks Swissy.

Rules:
2) No asshats allowed!

I dont feel like I deserve it since I did break a rule. Thanks Swissy.

Oh get over yourself! :p your buddies gave in already :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Accept your winnings gracefully, or I'll send them to someone else - I got something for ya, you don't want it I guess I gotta get rid of it somehow. At least you made the effort, and got the right answer which is way more than your n00b brethren. :cool:

What kind of FOG contest is this without a mention of Tod ot myself. Amateurs, I tell ya'.........

[
I'm no FAG by any means..

Coulda fooled me! ;)

I mean... Hi Jon

Death for you TJ!

And Alan will never shave the beard, for it is glorious.
090427-combat-beard.jpg

Also, I would never talk to Brian on the phone, he's a bastard and we're not friends by any means!