• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Musical Cheese Pass

I PM"d Jeff and told him that although this thing went south, he has admitted it and issued his apologies; if he is covering for the asshats who are ignoring their responsibility he needs to post his last few communications with them and let them handle it from there. I also told him that although some may feel he is responsible for making good where the asshats won't, he need not worry about sending anything to me.

Why haven't we heard anything from the asshats?

Though I cannot speak for all three here I can speak for dk_ace. He is EXTREMELY busy right now. he is a full time student, working a full time job, and leads praise and worship at the church he goes to. His plate is more than full right now. There is no doubt in my mind that he will get his cheese and sticks out, he is just VERY busy right now.

Cigarstone, you may be forgetting something about this community. Name calling is against the rules and will not be tolerated. Rod has addressed this before. I am sure that at one time or another you have been extremely busy as well, to the point that you had to sit back, look over things, and prioritize. Sometimes things have to be put to the back burner for a short time.

The only person unaccounted for is Dustin (dk_ace). If you are out there PLEASE call me or PM. We'll find a way through this.

Mike & Wilkey have dropped out, although for different reasons.

Yes it is a long pass, but I was never going for speed. Sorry. I'm swimming as fast as I can, it's a frigging tsunami out there right now. :( But all of my commitments will be met with this pass. :)

Jeff, I will call Dustin tonight. I know he has PMed you before. I am not sure why you didn't get them.

Jeff and guys, I've been unable to get on for a while, sorry, but let me just say...

*Bob and Wilkey were sending to eachother. ???

LMFAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jeff, just forget about this little problem. If Wilkey eventually sends me any cheese and sticks (he hasn't at this point, and I'm not optimisitic) I'll happily uphold my end. If that never happens, as seems likely, there are certainly no hard feelings on my part (except perhaps to Wilkey, who apparently buffaloed me along with most of the rest of the board). There is nothing anyone could have done to either foresee or avoid this issue. Hell, I'll buy myself a wedge of Maytag and a couple of cigars and call it good. :sign:

Bob - If you would please PM me or call me if you have my cell.

I'm working to see if I can divert Bob's PIF to Jeff or Step & I'll pick up the other (necessary or not).
Jeff:

As far as I am concerned.....DO NOT COVER FOR MIKE BY REARRANGING PIF's! If Mike is reneging, he is reneging, let him take the heat for that. Did anyone send cheese and cigars to Mike?

dk_ace has been seen HERE recently. Did anyone send cheese and cigars to Dustin?

Why have we not heard anything from Mike or Dustin?

Like I stated above Dustin is EXTREMELY busy right now, and I am going to contact him tonight. I am not sure if Dustin has received anything yet or not. Dustin will not screw anybody on this, he will follow thru. I know him well enough to assure you all of this, it just may take him a little while due to how much he has going on. Occasionally Dustin gets a couple minutes to log on while at work, but not very often. There is often times when he is not on here for several weeks due to his busy schedule.
B

Not buyin it!

He has been incommunicado since NOVEMBER 21st

Launch orderrs were initially given on DECEMBER 18th

He's been on here numerous times in the meantime........he knew what his commitments were, he made them!

I PM"d Jeff and told him that although this thing went south, he has admitted it and issued his apologies; if he is covering for the asshats who are ignoring their responsibility he needs to post his last few communications with them and let them handle it from there. I also told him that although some may feel he is responsible for making good where the asshats won't, he need not worry about sending anything to me.

Though I cannot speak for all three here I can speak for dk_ace. He is EXTREMELY busy right now. he is a full time student, working a full time job, and leads praise and worship at the church he goes to. His plate is more than full right now. There is no doubt in my mind that he will get his cheese and sticks out, he is just VERY busy right now.

Cigarstone, you may be forgetting something about this community. Name calling is against the rules and will not be tolerated. Rod has addressed this before. I am sure that at one time or another you have been extremely busy as well, to the point that you had to sit back, look over things, and prioritize. Sometimes things have to be put to the back burner for a short time.

Like I stated above Dustin is EXTREMELY busy right now, and I am going to contact him tonight. I am not sure if Dustin has received anything yet or not. Dustin will not screw anybody on this, he will follow thru. I know him well enough to assure you all of this, it just may take him a little while due to how much he has going on. Occasionally Dustin gets a couple minutes to log on while at work, but not very often. There is often times when he is not on here for several weeks due to his busy schedule.
B

First, "asshat" is an established term in this community. It covers a lot of different areas including not coming through on one's commitment.

Second, busy, not busy makes no difference to me. He has not delivered where he made a commitment to do so regardless of whats going on including "full time student, working a full time job, and leads praise and worship at the church he goes to". This is part of the pass and he was "free" enough to say yes in the beginning. If it were such an issue he could have made some alternative arrangements or at least posted something letting us know from HIMSELF what is going on.

The only person unaccounted for is Dustin (dk_ace). If you are out there PLEASE call me or PM. We'll find a way through this.

Mike & Wilkey have dropped out, although for different reasons.

Yes it is a long pass, but I was never going for speed. Sorry. I'm swimming as fast as I can, it's a frigging tsunami out there right now. :( But all of my commitments will be met with this pass. :)

Jeff, I will call Dustin tonight. I know he has PMed you before. I am not sure why you didn't get them.

Jeff and guys, I've been unable to get on for a while, sorry, but let me just say...

*Bob and Wilkey were sending to eachother. ???

LMFAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jeff, just forget about this little problem. If Wilkey eventually sends me any cheese and sticks (he hasn't at this point, and I'm not optimisitic) I'll happily uphold my end. If that never happens, as seems likely, there are certainly no hard feelings on my part (except perhaps to Wilkey, who apparently buffaloed me along with most of the rest of the board). There is nothing anyone could have done to either foresee or avoid this issue. Hell, I'll buy myself a wedge of Maytag and a couple of cigars and call it good. :sign:

Bob - If you would please PM me or call me if you have my cell.

I'm working to see if I can divert Bob's PIF to Jeff or Step & I'll pick up the other (necessary or not).
Jeff:

As far as I am concerned.....DO NOT COVER FOR MIKE BY REARRANGING PIF's! If Mike is reneging, he is reneging, let him take the heat for that. Did anyone send cheese and cigars to Mike?

dk_ace has been seen HERE recently. Did anyone send cheese and cigars to Dustin?

Why have we not heard anything from Mike or Dustin?

B

Extremely busy or not he should have simply taken a few moments to take care of this. Lets see, I work full time managing a rather large non profit, I am currently in school to get my graduate degree, I teach one class at the college, and I have a 7 y/o daughter who has basketball practice and dance class. Oh and her mother is a full time RN. Yet, I still managed to get my items out. I realize everyone has a different life, but really we are going on two months now :sign:.

Jim

Gents, let's focus on the fact that I will make this good. We shouldn't let these bumps have all this power over us. We can move on & I WILL MAKE GOOD. ;) Next.
Now that Niko has the site & I have Nero working (or so it did in a trial run today) I should have the music to him in a day or so.
Back to your regular scheduled programming: :)
Has anyone tried their cheese with a drink and a cigar that was paired with it?

Jeff:

Why are you trying to keep this under the CP radar? This isn't how CP works! Obviously you want your pass to end on a good note and as I said via PM, "that speaks to the integrity of you and this pass" .......however, my friend, the bigger issue here is the integrity of CP.

These two made a commitment and they are actively reneging on that commitment while ignoring the rules of CP by not communicating! They have been called out and it is not your job to answer for them. If one or both have had a bad turn in life all they need to do is communicate their intent and it will all be okay..................as Jim said, it's been over two months now.

Is there something I am missing?

Edited to choose my words better.

Jeff:

Why are you trying to keep this under the CP radar? This isn't how CP works! Obviously you want your pass to end on a good note and as I said via PM, "that speaks to the integrity of you and this pass" .......however, my friend, the bigger issue here is the integrity of CP.

These two made a commitment and they are actively reneging on that commitment while ignoring the rules of CP by not communicating! They have been called out and it is not your job to answer for them. If one or both have had a bad turn in life all they need to do is communicate their intent and it will all be okay..................as Jim said, it's been over two months now.

Is there something I am missing?

Edited to choose my words better.

I seem to recall we had a similar issue in secret santa this year, almost exactly the same circumstances no communication at all. Jeff has definately showed he is a top notch BOTL, but these guys need to communicate, end of story.

Jim

I agree with Jeff (Cigar Stone), it is not required that Jeff (Rebel Herfer) make good on it, it is up to the individuals that made the commitment.

Yes, this is just like SS with one difference, no one else gives a shit.

I agree with Jeff (Cigar Stone), it is not required that Jeff (Rebel Herfer) make good on it, it is up to the individuals that made the commitment.

This comment has been bugging me for the past few hours. With all due respect, I don't think it's a case of people not caring. I think it's a case that most people aren't aware of what's going on. There has been a low post volume for the past several weeks, so this topic hasn't drawn a lot of attention on the board. As for me, the only comments I could make at this point would be merely piling on and would be restating what you, Mr. Stone, and several others have already said. We don't need that. We need people to stand by their commitments.

I dunno, guess I'm in a philosophical mood this afternoon.

This comment has been bugging me for the past few hours. With all due respect, I don't think it's a case of people not caring. I think it's a case that most people aren't aware of what's going on. There has been a low post volume for the past several weeks, so this topic hasn't drawn a lot of attention on the board. As for me, the only comments I could make at this point would be merely piling on and would be restating what you, Mr. Stone, and several others have already said. We don't need that. We need people to stand by their commitments.

I beg to differ. There has been little support from the pass members in general on this issue which is why I stated what I did. People don't care. They have their cheese and therefore it becomes a "non-issue" for them. In the mean time, those of us who have not received their cheese/PIF were left to fend for ourselves. I have received my cheese but I will not stop until the issue is resolved. Did everyone step away from the SS issue with a "wait and see attitude"? No, the community worked as a whole to apply pressure to get it done. This is not happening here with this situation.

The pass list:

1. Preembargo
2. Altercall
3. gunsandcigars88
4. tasman
5. dk_ace
6. sonuvabum
7. Niko
8. BigJake6904
9. Bfreebern
10. Brickhouse
11. Seth
12.Yojimbo
13. Khari
14. Jonesy
15.AngryFishH
16.Ginseng
17. Gtadroptop
18. CigarStone
19. Jlada
20. Rbbrock
21. Muddstick
22.Charley
23. Putz Mulligan
24. NorCalCigarLover
25. Napa_Smokes
26. Stepthirteen
27. Swissy
28. br174
29. mysterea

Can you honestly tell me that each person here weighed in on the fact that there are a few that are not coming through on their commitments except to say "I've got mine"? Nope. Was it the same level as the rest of the pass? Nope. This has nothing to do with the fact that the online count has been low. This issue has been going on for months. This is not being philosophical. This is manning up and fulfilling obligations to the Pass and CP.

It's not all Jeff's fault either, he just happens to be the fearless leader of this pass.

X2
I figured why clutter up the thread with my opinion on this. I have been following but thought there was nothing else worth me posting that has not already been posted.

Brian

I agree that most pass participants haven't weighed in. I can't speak for anybody else, although I guess in a way I was. My bad there. I haven't spoken up before because I really had nothing new to add to what was already being said and said very well.

My reference about low post count was meant to point out that this thread hasn't generated a lot of comments. It seems that whenever there's a transgression, the post will attract attention which will lead to more posting and more attention. We've seen that time and time again. Invariably somebody will take a 'snapshot' of who's viewing at such and such a time. None of that has happened here. Why? I don't know.

Usually I'm one of the silent ones who just reads without comment, allowing those with longer tenure to handle the situation. Why am I commenting now? I guess a nerve was struck. I do care about this and truthfully I wanted that to be known. CP is built on honor and reputation. The person who isn't following through is trashing both of those qualities, but we all know that.

....no one else gives a shit.
While I disagree with this, I understand your's and Jeff's (CS) level of frustration.

I sent a number of PM's trying figure out where to go next. In fact, I was the one who posted almost a week ago...

So, where are we with this??
What's the latest??
....trying get some dialogue going. I've offered up direct help to Jeff (RH) and I know that Brandon is running traps on his end re: DK.

In the end, you are right about one thing though, it is the guy's ass who made the commitment that is on the line and he should be dealt with. But by the same token, if someone is willing to step up and make it right on another's behalf (just as it would be in SS), then I believe the guy that got slighted should be willing to accept that graciously.

EDIT: For spelling...

I guess I haven't been following this, as much as I should, but I've commented a few times if I remember correctly.

On another thought, Jeff (RH) says that Mike had dropped out. Now I don't know if Jeff was able to re-arrange the PIF so that Mike was left out of that portion or if Mike actually received his end and Jeff planned to cover.

I'd like a little clarification on this point.

I'm sorry I've been away for the board for so long. I did send Jeff a PM about 4-5 weeks ago because I was told my pass recipient may be changing. I never got a reply, and I honestly haven't really thought about it since then. I got an email notification of a PM inviting me to Dean's herf, and that's why I popped in that day you guys linked to. I was here long enough to let the guys know I was going to try to come, and then I was gone.

I haven't been active on CP since late last year. My only time to surf is when things are slow at work, but the frequent NSFW threads, avatars, and random posts forced me to quit visiting here. This board isn't worth my job, and I don't have time to look at cigar boards outside of work.

While I did quit visiting the site, I never intended to disregard my pass responsibilities. It simply became an out-of-sight, out-of-mind issue for me. I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused.

The package is ready to go. The DC is 0103 8555 7496 1172 1667. It will ship tomorrow morning on my way to work.

While I'm busy, so is everyone else, and I understand that. I simply dropped the ball on this because it's been off my radar for a very long time. As for the asshat comment, I'm simply not one. For those who may think otherwise, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I won't argue with you over it. You're welcome to hold whatever opinion you like. One mistake on a cigar forum is certainly not going to ruin my life, my character, nor make me an asshat. I will not be taking any bait, participating in any flaming, or coming to look and see what you have to say about me.

All that said.... again I'm sorry for the trouble and wish you all the best!

D

On another thought, Jeff (RH) says that Mike had dropped out. Now I don't know if Jeff was able to re-arrange the PIF so that Mike was left out of that portion or if Mike actually received his end and Jeff planned to cover.

I'd like a little clarification on this point.

Mike has dropped out, but did ask me for help on his PIF. Jeff please accept that I will cover it and let's move forward.
Dustin has contacted me and will be sending Step's PIF. There was a communication from him mid-Jan, and for some reason our replys got lost/crossed. It was during my surgery, so to be completely honest I bear the responsibility of not asking for help, as things were not going well post-surgery. Still infected with that Macho bu!!sh*t that when I don't feel well I say everything is good. :0
Looks like I need to hear from Bob and all is moving forward.
Again, I am sorry this PIF part did not go as smoothly as the pass. I learned many things & will not repete many of them, but I do hope that y'all will still consider me a CP Friend.
Seems like even the virtual smoke on CP gets in our eyes. ;)

Jeff:

As pointed out I should, and will, graciously accept your gift......thank you :thumbs:

Dustin:

Thanks for the communication :thumbs: And as far as the asshat comment, please take it in the context that it was presented, that being this pass, no more no less.

As far as Mike, I am curious why he gets this free pass with absolutely zero communication from him? There was a time not too long ago that Mike would have lead a bloody charge to out someone who reneged on a pass and failed to communicate.

Dustin, great to hear from you and great to see some resolution to this. I think we all understand that life happens and I am especially glad to see that you are coming through. It simply just shows your character.

I haven't weighed in due to a combination of not being on the board much lately and not really being able to figure out what's going on here. Anyway, as I told Jeff (RH) in a PM, if someone needs covered I will gladly send the cheese and sticks that Wilkey would have received to someone else. Let's get this thing wrapped up!

Also, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what a (likely bizarre) music collection we've assembled. :thumbs:

Thanks much for the communication that buttons things up very nicely :). I am glad to have this completed and rolling ahead!!

Jim