• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The never ending bad news...and my farewell post!

Yep, honesty is never good for a community
sarcasm.gif

As someone who has battled back problems to the point of getting two surgery consults for spine fusion, I will say that looking back on everything the single biggest obstacle to recovery was my own mind. I got so bad I wouldn't even let myself out of the tiny mental cage I had put myself in. Once I said enough is enough and did the work both mentally and physically, I was able to resume my life. I still have back problems, and I can't do anything I want but where I was emotionally and mentally then as opposed to now is night and day. And no surgery was ever done. Last epidural injection wore off years ago.

All that being said, I don't know the specifics of Loren's injury and I'm nowhere near qualified to say it's simply mental, or not as serious as it's being portrayed, etc. Back problems/spine/nerves are completely nebulous and how it effects one person may not be at all how it effects another. It's all individual and the only one who knows the pain Loren is going through is Loren.

I wish you well, Loren. I know from first hand experience that injuries of this sort can take a serious toll on the psyche. Keep fighting, keep pushing yourself to get better and you will.

Wow! I can't believe some of the insulting crap that has been posted in this thread.

In my experience those that are the most judgemental are often the most flawed. Some folks are just a waste of space.

Hang in there Loren. Hope all goes well for you, and that you find ways to feel and get better.

Honestly, sometimes it just feels good to write down what you're going through. If you belong to a community of people you call friends and share a common bond with, what better place to come and vent your frustrations/experiences.

Whether you read it or not, is strictly up to you. It really doesn't affect you one way or the other.

Hang in there Loren.

lol I give you a week.

Stop being the prick, Wurm. Between your brutal honesty towards Loren and your whining about The Vols banning, you are doing more harm than good to the CP community.

Oh bullshit. I didn't whine about Wade's banning, and its about time someone told Loren to his face what a lot of people are saying behind his back.
I haven't been around very long, but that is outrageous... How do you know anything about him. I just hope that nothing bad happens to you and you feel the need to tell people about how you're feeling. That's all that I chalked it up to. Sometimes when your down it takes a little talking to make you feel better. I just hope that with that attitude you never need an ear because your words will fall on deaf ones.

I haven't been around very long, but that is outrageous... How do you know anything about him. I just hope that nothing bad happens to you and you feel the need to tell people about how you're feeling. That's all that I chalked it up to. Sometimes when your down it takes a little talking to make you feel better. I just hope that with that attitude you never need an ear because your words will fall on deaf ones.

Damn, harsh words Mark.

I think the entirety of the situation is, yes, it is good to be able to let it out, and I'm sure Loren has a lot of medical issues, but maybe some members are getting tired of hearing the same thing day in and day out. This isn't called "Doctors Pass," this is "Cigar Pass," and although we talk about a myriad of topics ranging from Doc's days as a pecker checker to Phil's fascination with beedogs, most of it is cigar related.

My advice to you Loren would be to start a blog about your progress (or, as it seems lack thereof) so that you do get that therapy of being able to put your epxeriences down on paper, and maybe you'll be able to separate that from the rest of your life because it does seem to be an all-consuming issue for you. I am not making light of your medical situation, it just doesn't seem to be helping you by constantly interjecting some quip about your medical state into each topic you post in. But, what do I know? I'm more a "suck it up and do the best you can" student.

Loren, Gold Rush is on. It might help.

I'm a little taken back at some of the comments posted here. I've met Loren in person, and he's certainly a good guy. If you think CP is only about passes and cigars, then you don't know a whole lot about CP. Did some of you ever think that perhaps not everyone has someone to talk to, and that to some CP is their brotherhood/friends? We all deal with issues differently, and all I can do is wish Loren the very best. He's gone through some very rough times, and if some of you think he's falsifying any of this, then that is sad indeed...

lol I give you a week.

Stop being the prick, Wurm. Between your brutal honesty towards Loren and your whining about The Vols banning, you are doing more harm than good to the CP community.

Oh bullshit. I didn't whine about Wade's banning, and its about time someone told Loren to his face what a lot of people are saying behind his back.

That is without question the most disgusting thing I've ever read in these forums...and I've waded through some crap before.

You reap what you sow, Wurm. Hope your conscience is clear and your loved ones well.....fate can be an evil bitch and it's cocky to throw rocks at a brother down on his luck. Good luck with that.....

BS aside, Loren...you know i wish you well and hope for the best. PM me and we can continue as much of a dialog as you'd like. Been through serious illness in the family before.....sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Hope all works out for you loren. I had terrible back and shoulder problems after an accident. The docs tried a few different treatments and I was losing hope because none of them were working. But finally they found a treatment that worked wonders and I'm back in action. So I'm finding they eventually find the right treatment for you as well brother.

No worries...this will be my last post. Its been a good time on CP. I will still check my PM box from time to time so I can see if any decides to write me. Since part of my CAT Scan hit my lower part of my lungs they detected unknown nodules in the lower part so it looks like my cigar days will be over pretty soon which gives me a great excuse to fire up what I have.

I guess its fitting to say good bye on my 6th year of being a member of CP.

Be well on your journey Loren.

I hope you keep tabs here frorm time to time as it's always good to hear from you.

If you think CP is only about passes and cigars, then you don't know a whole lot about CP. Did some of you ever think that perhaps not everyone has someone to talk to, and that to some CP is their brotherhood/friends? We all deal with issues differently, and all I can do is wish Loren the very best. He's gone through some very rough times, and if some of you think he's falsifying any of this, then that is sad indeed...

I sure never said that Rod, and I don't think anybody else is saying that. Also, nobody has called out Loren saying his injuries are fake either.

I just think that someone should be ale to post what they desire, a long as it doesn't offend anyone. I guess it just seemed pointless to post the things that were said, seeing that you don't have to read anything. I also come hear to learn about the hobby and communicate with others who share the passion, but no one held a gun to my head in order to get me to read this post. So i guess I just don't see the point behind being blatantly hurtful when it would actually be easier to simply ignore it.

I just think that someone should be ale to post what they desire, a long as it doesn't offend anyone. I guess it just seemed pointless to post the things that were said, seeing that you don't have to read anything. I also come hear to learn about the hobby and communicate with others who share the passion, but no one held a gun to my head in order to get me to read this post. So i guess I just don't see the point behind being blatantly hurtful when it would actually be easier to simply ignore it.

Fair enough Mark, and I hold no ill will towards you brother. :thumbs:

As for Loren, I still think you should look into a blog dude. It would be good for you to write all your thoughts out in one place for your therapy.

I'm still trying to decide if these posts are worse than the "I know everything about everything and you mortals should be honored to be in my presence" that he used to have a penchant for...

I have no ill will towards Loren, it's an internet forum for fuck sake, but after a while it just gets to be too much and you start just sounding like a mooch. Sorry, but it's true.

Loren,

Don't lose touch with the Houston group. You still have my number anytime you need something.

Give me a hollar anytime you head to the VA and we can meet in Sugar Land for a stogie.

ETA: I somewhat agree with Mark. If it bothers you that much, don't read the thread titled:

"The never ending bad news..."

I see how some could perceive this negatively, but I've met Loren, and my experiences, especially at HERFs are that he is a very giving individual, I just don't see the "poor me" for the sake of a few free sticks. Do you see what this guy smokes? Come on...

OK since you people decided to turn the knife towards me when all I did was give Loren some advice. All i have to say its that I'm cool with it.

I said what was needed to be said and my conscience is clear over it.

And I threw no rocks Tom, I suggested he take the bulls by the horn and work on getting better instead of wallowing in it.

Him deciding to pack bags and leave over it speaks volumes, and I'm surprised some of you are blind to it.

Good luck Loren, I truly do hope you get better, but like I said it starts with yourself.