• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The never ending bad news...and my farewell post!

I just think that someone should be ale to post what they desire, a long as it doesn't offend anyone. I guess it just seemed pointless to post the things that were said, seeing that you don't have to read anything. I also come hear to learn about the hobby and communicate with others who share the passion, but no one held a gun to my head in order to get me to read this post. So i guess I just don't see the point behind being blatantly hurtful when it would actually be easier to simply ignore it.

Just an observation, but do these to statements contradict each other?

A few posted what they desired to post, even if it was not the "popular" thing to say. So how is what they said any more pointless than what you have to say? This is an open community, things will be said that are not agreed with, it will happen.....

If we have to stop saying what is on our minds because a feeling may be hurt, then we are no longer the CP Family...
Just my thoughts..

Loren, I wish you all the best, in whatever direction you go.

Tim

I don't know Loren as well as the rest, but I do realize when I started lurking here in '07 that he was pretty cocky when he wrote. Wether or not it's his true persona or just his internet face I would have to meet him in person to decide for myself. He did smoke some kick ass Opus down to the bone and that impressed me enough to follow and enjoy reading what he wrote. I thought I came for the cigar knowledge.

Life has taken a different turn for him since June when he first posted this thread. He's more humble by the way he writes and is grateful by his posting towards those that support him. That's how I've been reading into his words and as I see him go up and down in his attitude towards this condition.

A man tends to get softer as his death approaches, I see it in the eyes and words of those patients I go to on calls. A lot of times, compassion is the best medicine we can give.

Shawn, I'm not one of those that is blind to see why he left, family members do it to each other all the time.

For the record, Loren did not leave because of Shawn, if he has left at all yet.

Tim

For the record, Loren did not leave because of Shawn, if he has left at all yet.

Tim
Not sure why you would post this, unless you have some inside information on why he did leave.

It's pretty obvious that everyone has differing opinions on Loren and that's their perogative. It's also their perogative to voice it. For those of you that have met the man, you guys have nothing but great things to say about him. For those of us that only know him through the internet and haven't interacted with him, we only know the "woe is me" and the way Justin put it "I know everything about everything and you mortals should be honored to be in my presence". That's just the persona he has here.

I wish him no ill will, only wish him the best in his journey forward.

We just ought not create rifts between those of us that are still here over someone that's left the community.

We cannot live without drama, it is human nature.

Loren I know health issues can get us down and sharing is a good way to help you cope. Wish you all the best on your long road to recovery, do stay in touch.

As adults we have the option to not read threads that either don't concern us or are of no interest. Advice is a two street, we seldom solicit it, but are always surprised when it comes our way. The older I've gotten the more tolerant I am of others to a certain extent. So my advice is read what is posted and think twice before you post in a thread. If you want to give advice send a PM to the person or reach out to them. I would hope that all of us that get enjoyment from being members of CP can realize that we all like to tell of our fortunes, whether they are good or bad.

edited to add... I agree with this!

We cannot live without drama, it is human nature.

Loren I know health issues can get us down and sharing is a good way to help you cope. Wish you all the best on your long road to recovery, do stay in touch.

As adults we have the option to not read threads that either don't concern us or are of no interest. Advice is a two street, we seldom solicit it, but are always surprised when it comes our way. The older I've gotten the more tolerant I am of others to a certain extent. So my advice is read what is posted and think twice before you post in a thread. If you want to give advice send a PM to the person or reach out to them. I would hope that all of us that get enjoyment from being members of CP can realize that we all like to tell of our fortunes, whether they are good or bad.

Shawn, I'm not one of those that is blind to see why he left, family members do it to each other all the time.

Jonesy,

This is what led me to post what I did.

To me, let me say it again, To me...this reads as an accusation towards Shaun. I don't think Loren is the kind of Man to let the thoughts, or words of a few members drive him away. He is much stronger than that, or so I choose to believe. So it is MY OPINION that there must be another reason for his departure.

Again, all this is how I feel, and does not and should not be considered as fact....

Tim

Edit to add: If I have misunderstood the quoted statement, then I will be the first to apologize for my misunderstand. Just let me know the intent of the words so I am not misunderstood any longer, if that is the case.

There are those that are very open about their personal lives, whether good or bad. Then there are those that are very private.

Personally, I don't think I would have never of started this thread. I'm sure I would have shared with a select few from here maybe and then that's it. But that's just me and who am I to judge someone else for their way of coping. You can't really hate Loren for wanting to share and vent, even if you are from the "suck it up, move on, and keep it to yourself type". I looked at this thread with some minor irritation somewhere around the third page, then decided to wish him well wholeheartedly.

Point is, even if you look at his post wondering what he's thinking, or you find yourself wanting to tell him to get off his ass and cope the way you personally would..... Probably best just to move on, or not read the thread at all.

Tim, it was a misunderstanding of what I was trying to say in just one line. I consider Shaun a good guy and I like hearing what he has to say. I didn't agree with his statement that we were blind to see why Loren left and that it spoke volumes about his character (inferred).

Family members, mine for example, will turn away from a brutal honest opinion of their progress in this life. The don't like hearing the truth from me and want to get angry, sad, apathetic or any other emotion to soothe their hurt feelings. They shut down and walk away. Doesn't mean they don't care about me and I for them, they just needed time away at that moment to do some self-inventory.

Loren may have been experiencing those hurt feelings and this is how he dealt with it. Human nature.

I felt because I usually say nothing, and I am a part of the "we", then I must be blind and could not fathom any of Lorens' actions.

For the record, Shaun I am just disagreeing with you on this one as I consider you a friend.

Dave

Dave, thank you for the clarification.

As I was was misunderstood, I do apologize.

Tim

Apology accepted Tim. After I read it a couple of times, I could see why it could be interpreted as such. We're good.

Lots of words. Loren, good luck. Call if you need anything

Loren...I wish you the best of all things and will keep you in my prayers.

Loren, has the mention of gold shots been brought up? Yes, I am serious. Had good friends here that had to move to Montana because of the heat here in Texas, an they put her on GOLD shots. I don't know the correct terminology, been that's the sort version of what they are called. I only wish you the best and some relief from the pain.

I have known Loren longer than any of you. This thread is his vent. It's not a look at me, poor me or god forbid; mooch thread. If you take anything away from this take away the fact that Loren loves this board. He feels that this is his family. He tells you in this thread about his terrible spin toward his inevitable death. Everything that is happening to Loren is because of his choice to serve his country. You don't have to read this thread. He isn't asking anyone for anything.
Loren, if you need anything you know who you can call. I'm really sorry how things are going for you! Your choice to leave the board is not something I think you would do lightly.
Shaun, a swift kick in the ass to motivate Loren isn't going to improve his situation. He's just venting. The last thing he wants is to annoy anyone.
To anyone else, go fuck yourself. This man is going to end up in a wheelchair pretty damn soon and probably a coffin shortly there after. Some of us just need to share and some of us don't. It's a community and if you don't get it, you don't belong here!

Loren, sorry to hear about the sharp decline in your health. I can attest to back pain that can be managed by ibuprofen, leg stretches and core strengthening; but not much beyond that. I'm glad we had a little time to hang out at the Outlaw, however long it took us to look through those 1300 some photos of Russia.... :) Take the best care possible. Don't sweat this other b.s. Unfortunate it happened here, but then again, it would have been a fucking boring thread otherwiseLOL. Am I right?

Hope to cross paths again, bro.