• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The never ending bad news...and my farewell post!

The shots give me some relief. Mainly from the bulged disc that is hitting a major nerve root to my right leg. I get the shot again on the 30th of Nov. The PT department refused to do any therapy on me. They said I should walk 30 minutes which is a mile at my pace. I did try swimming but it didn't help me at all. Of course any back injury is different from person to person and so does how one responds to treatment differ from person to person. I can't wait till the CT scan on Friday. Hopefully they will know more about my Liver and so will I.

Now if they could get whatever is going on in my shoulder under control, I'd be able to get some rest. The pain over rides the pain in my back. LOL!!! I always do hang in there Steve, :)

Have you taken their advice and tried the walking for 30 minutes? I'm in physical therapy right now as well and usually, the PT folks know what they're talking about.

I have walked here and there but my main concern right now is my shoulder. Just driving my car to the grocery store has it inflamed enough that I can't use my left arm at 100% capacity. When this happens I get a lot of pain just below the left collar bone and it shoots down to the elbow. And it shoots from the middle of my spine to the left shoulder blade. Thus walking is on hold as it irritates my left shoulder. I do love how they said walking 30 mins will help me when they have never seen me nor asked me any questions. Once my shoulder feels better I will be walking a few times a week. The PT department doesn't know for example my toes are numb most of the time. They also don't know I can't pick up my feet while walking aka striking the heel first and then the toes while walking. This is really bad in the right foot. Yet at the same time they have said exercising can cause me injuries. Its a catch 22 in my eyes. They want me to walk yet they don't want to work with me so I don't injure myself. LOL!!!

How about a stationary bike then? Or an eliptical?

The Doctors said to not bike. Or I would be doing it. This town is pretty flat so it would be pretty easy to bike if I didn't go numb from the waist down. Its not an easy task for me to do any form of exercising. Its one of the reasons why I wanted PT so they can monitor things under supervision. Just to keep myself from getting worse and or more injuries. I already have enough damage to the spine. :p

I will be able to walk some more once they get my shoulder under control. My Doctor thinks I have Osteoarthritis and Bursitis. Unfortunately the Bursitis is in both shoulders and left hip. The first Orthopedic Surgeon stated the Bursitis in the shoulder and hip. I get to see a Orthopedic Surgeon/ Sports Medicine Department on Nov 14th. I'm hoping they can get things under control.

Damn...you sure have a lot of stuff wrong with ya! Hope it all works out!

Sorry to hear about everything going on. Thoughts are with you! Hang in there man!

_craig_

Loren have you ever considered alternative medicine? I believe Mrepp has an expertise in Chinese alchemy and herbal mysticism...might be worth a shot.

Damn...you sure have a lot of stuff wrong with ya! Hope it all works out!

The sad part is that the VA has known about this for years and never took it seriously. Most of the problems have been let go till they have gotten to the point where I find myself at now.
Not from a lack of complaining either as this was all documented after the accident in the Army. You should read the surgery report from when I was in the Army. Its a real eye opener.

My family says I'm a factory reject. I prefer FUBAR. :p

Loren have you ever considered alternative medicine? I believe Mrepp has an expertise in Chinese alchemy and herbal mysticism...might be worth a shot.

I can't tell if you are joking or being serious Phil.

Take care, wishing you well. Have you considered a second opinion just to be safe and sure. You are in our prayers to the Sky Boss.

I can't tell if you are joking or being serious Phil.

I think he is for real as far as the fact that Mrepp is in fact into alchemy and mysticism....I hope to all we hold dear he is joking about letting him touch you!

He touched me once...

TIm

Fight hard Loren! I want to see you be able to go to Russia again and smoke an Opus in that beautiful backdrop of the city.

Fight hard Loren! I want to see you be able to go to Russia again and smoke an Opus in that beautiful backdrop of the city.

Pretty sure there is at least one Russian Girl really looking forward to seeing him again as well...

I don't know Loren, not to stick a pin in it or make light of your troubles, but a whole bunch of us deal with things as bad or worse everyday and we don't constantly write about it in our status updates or have a thread about them.

I also have nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, and you know what my doctor told me? To get up off my fat hairy ass and exercise and eat less junk and it would get better with time. I'm pretty sure his advice would work for you as well.

Shawn

Good on ya Shawn.

Everybody works through it as best we can. Maybe we should dedicate a forum area to posts like this? ??? Just an idea is all. Like I've said before, I'm out with a sprained back, and maybe folks could come and put in some word on their past experience?

Nobody could hold a candle to Loren though...

My family says I'm a factory reject. I prefer FUBAR. :p
HAHA! can't wait to meet you one day Loren. Hopefully we can get a Houston Herf in before the Holiday's hit us.

FWIW, I feel we can all agree that each individual deals with a problem differently. If voicing the issue on a public forum removes even an ounce of pain from an already overflowing cup, why not make use of that outlet.

FWIW, I feel we can all agree that each individual deals with a problem differently. If voicing the issue on a public forum removes even an ounce of pain from an already overflowing cup, why not make use of that outlet.

I'm more of a "big boys don't cry" type myself.

Pretty sure there is at least one Russian Girl really looking forward to seeing him again as well...

I don't know Loren, not to stick a pin in it or make light of your troubles, but a whole bunch of us deal with things as bad or worse everyday and we don't constantly write about it in our status updates or have a thread about them.

I also have nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, and you know what my doctor told me? To get up off my fat hairy ass and exercise and eat less junk and it would get better with time. I'm pretty sure his advice would work for you as well.

Shawn

No worries...this will be my last post. Its been a good time on CP. I will still check my PM box from time to time so I can see if any decides to write me. Since part of my CAT Scan hit my lower part of my lungs they detected unknown nodules in the lower part so it looks like my cigar days will be over pretty soon which gives me a great excuse to fire up what I have.

I guess its fitting to say good bye on my 6th year of being a member of CP.

Hey Loren, giving up cigars does not mean giving up CP, we are still your non related family here. Please don't go bro we still need you :(

lol I give you a week.

Stop being the prick, Wurm. Between your brutal honesty towards Loren and your whining about The Vols banning, you are doing more harm than good to the CP community.

Oh bullshit. I didn't whine about Wade's banning, and its about time someone told Loren to his face what a lot of people are saying behind his back.