• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Rob_K's got no fuggin' smokes pass!

Take: 1986 Monte Tubo Put: 80s Partagas Palmas Grandes (ninfa)
Take: 1995 Cohiba Lancero Put: 1992 Partagas Lusi
Take: 70s Sancho Panza petit royals Put: 70s H. Upmann Singulares Tubo
Put:  2001 SLR Double Corona

Sorry for the delay, let me know if this is OK and I'll get this on the road tomorrow.

Jonesy said:
Just curious............ Why are we sending this to Rob, then right past me down to Jonesy, then back up to me? :whistling:
So I get first crack at what Rob puts in the box!
You got nothing!

BobbyRitz said:
Put:  2001 SLR Double Corona

Sorry for the delay, let me know if this is OK and I'll get this on the road tomorrow.

No worries on the delay, slacker!

I'll look at the p/t's and update tomorrow.

jfields said:

Just curious............ Why are we sending this to Rob, then right past me down to Jonesy, then back up to me? :whistling:
You got nothing!

I know...I was a little disappointed at the lack of Backwoods included, but still wanted to be nice about it!

He folks....any feedback regarding this:

The Sancho is HM and the HU is MM.

...thoughts?

grateful1 said:
He folks....any feedback regarding this:

The Sancho is HM and the HU is MM.

...thoughts?
If we're truly going with the Rarity Prevails, then I would actually say these two are within reason. I understand the HM vs MM, but in the case of cigar of this rarity and age, I think the rarities are equal enough to let it be.

That's my 2 cents.

OK - I'll only include the first two Ts and Ps.  I have *pretty* good knowledge of values and didn't attempt to pull wool over anyone's eyes.  In fact, I agree with Wyatt as rarity for rarity goes.

This will go out tomorrow.

I've not suggested anything Rob, nor would I expect too. 

The question is out of lack of personal familiarity with the cigar(HU).

I am not by any means well versed in the world of vintage cubans but, for what it's worth, I think Wyatts point makes a lot of sense.

That's all I was looking for ...feedback.

I am fairly relaxed about a pass - heck look at the last one.

Either way is good Mr Patrick.

Don't forget to grab the DCL!

grateful1 said:
That's all I was looking for ...feedback. I am fairly relaxed about a pass - heck look at the last one. Either way is good Mr Patrick. Don't forget to grab the DCL!

I gave you feedback via PM this morning at 9am...including what I paid for the box of Singulares.  The Singulares was $24 and the Sancho was $30.  They are quite similar in price, but  would think the $6 difference would be offset by the rarity factor.  Fact is, it's difficult to trade in the vintage world.  I'll leave it as posted in #81, unless there is an objection.

Very tricky, what do the old lusis go for?

Also, as an aside and not related to any thoughts on these specific plays, age is not a fair indicator of rarity without having a sense of the production/availability/desirability of a given release (at least in a general way).  For example a 70s monte tubo would probably be a pretty unbalanced put with an 80s SW and a 80s HU naturale probably wouldn't put well for a 92 CoLa...

insight said:

Also, as an aside and not related to any thoughts on these specific plays, age is not a fair indicator of rarity without having a sense of the production/availability/desirability of a given release (at least in a general way).  For example a 70s monte tubo would probably be a pretty unbalanced put with an 80s SW and a 80s HU naturale probably wouldn't put well for a 92 CoLa...

Agreed.  I could put a Jube in which is going for commensurate value to the CoLa.  I have 80s CoLas.  I paid in the neighborhood of Gary's $65.  Early 90s Lusis - if you can find them - are more.

FWIW - All of this technical discussion takes away from the fun of a pass.

BobbyRitz said:

Agreed.  I could put a Jube in which is going for commensurate value to the CoLa.  I have 80s CoLas.  I paid in the neighborhood of Gary's $65.  Early 90s Lusis - if you can find them - are more.

Sorry you see it that way.

The technical part of finding these things out, whether vintage or fresh, is what allows players (including me) and watchers to know value and rarity.

It also leaves a history for others to work upon.

Your knowledge and experience are valuable, your call on keeping it or not - I'm good with it.

Thank you for joining in!

Jonesy said:

You got nothing!

I know...I was a little disappointed at the lack of Backwoods included, but still wanted to be nice about it!

Ahh! I guess you forgot about the Newbie HERF when I pulled the BS hand on Texas Hold em on you............ That's what the comment was. ;)

I see what you say Gary, but I also see what Rob says as well.

It's cool to learn something, but once something becomes a certain age, etc. It becomes pretty rare in my book. After a point (sometimes) it becomes pretty ticky-tack trying to figure out value for value, and takes away from the fun when you have to put so much time, energy, and thought into a trade.

That being said......... Glaringly obvious lopsided trades in favor of the person not hosting the pass do deserve scrutiny.

grateful1 said:

Sorry you see it that way.

The technical part of finding these things out, whether vintage or fresh, is what allows players (including me) and watchers to know value and rarity.

It also leaves a history for others to work upon.

Your knowledge and experience are valuable, your call on keeping it or not - I'm good with it.

Thank you for joining in!

I guess more than anything you should know that I would not attempt to do anything outside of put more value in than take out, Gary.  I am familiar with pricing and wouldn't put forth a scenario that the pass wouldn't benefit from...that's the Brotherly thing to do.  How much are the 01 SLR DCs?  Enough from me - I'll send as set forth in #81.