• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Ultimate Cigar Book - Pass

Hey Dave,

Thanks for offering I would be great to borrow one, will you down in my neck of the woods at all?

I'm glad so much interest has re-surfaced!

I have both a first edition (1993) and a second edition (1996) that I would be happy to circulate if anyone is willing to "settle" for an earlier edition. (At least a few more could read it sooner.)

Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Ok.. My book is currently with northernmoris. When he's finished the remaining list appears (so far) to be:

1. Nimrod
2. Petthefish
3. MaxNoodle
4. fivebyfifty
5. NASTY
6. juandiablo
7. mufflerman
8. yorkcigar

If I missed anyone or anyone wants to get on the list, please let me know by posting in this thread. This is an ongoing pass so I'm happy to keep adding to the list. If someone wants to begin passing Dave's book again, PM him as he's expressed that he'd be happy to get a second copy in the mix.

When sending to the next in line, please CC me on the PM with the recipient's address so I know where it is.

Thanks to everyone involved for keeping this thing running smoothly. Sounds like there's a bunch of goodies going around with the book! :thumbs: Enjoy folks.

Norther - you still have this??

I lost the thread and track...

Thanks

~ t

Ok.. My book is currently with northernmoris. When he's finished the remaining list appears (so far) to be:

1. Nimrod
2. Petthefish
3. MaxNoodle
4. fivebyfifty
5. NASTY
6. juandiablo
7. mufflerman
8. yorkcigar

If I missed anyone or anyone wants to get on the list, please let me know by posting in this thread. This is an ongoing pass so I'm happy to keep adding to the list. If someone wants to begin passing Dave's book again, PM him as he's expressed that he'd be happy to get a second copy in the mix.

When sending to the next in line, please CC me on the PM with the recipient's address so I know where it is.

Thanks to everyone involved for keeping this thing running smoothly. Sounds like there's a bunch of goodies going around with the book! :thumbs: Enjoy folks.

I'm done with the book as of today. Sorry it wasn't read faster. I just PM'd 42 telling him I have finished. Nimrod is up next and I will now PM him to let him know.

I have never seen this thread. I also would be interested in reading the book. Can I get on the list?

Thanks
Terry

Received package today. I am going to be busy for the next week, but I do plan to get it finished soon.

Thanks

Here is the deal on the book.

The first edition, used, could be bought for $0.39
The second edition, used. $2.50
The third and final edition used $300.00, and it is the largest of the three with over 120 photos.

The book in my possession is the first edition, third printing. :(
Did you follow that? ???
As much as I like the 1993 first edition, I felt it was too much out of date. Still a good read, but quite a bit happened in seven years.

What we are looking for in this pass is the third edition. So the book is being sent back to 42, until we here from him again soon.
Sorry for the delay.

Can you just stop a pass without asking everyone else? I did not knwo that. Maybe we wanted to see the first edition. Oh well...keep me posted.

~ t

I have the third edition and wouldn't mind at all for you fellas to read it. It's currently in absolutely perfect condition. So long as I get it back and it doesn't look like a recycled school book, I have no issue sending it to the next person in line.

In order to maintain the coninuity of the pass...I think the current book should be passed to Jlada from Nimrod, and swapped with his awesome gesture of the third book. He can then send the 1st ed. back to 42 in whick I will reimburse him the shipping costs. Then continue the list - petthefish, Maxnoodle, etc... This is contigent on Jladas approval with this and if everyone else is ok with this.

My .02 cents.

I have the third edition and wouldn't mind at all for you fellas to read it. It's currently in absolutely perfect condition. So long as I get it back and it doesn't look like a recycled school book, I have no issue sending it to the next person in line.

This is Matt's show. Whatever he decides I'll go along with.

I've read this front to back many times and have always found something new I really enjoy. I must insist, however, that if you're not established, I'm not allowing you to get in the pass. As I'm sure you're all aware, it will be prohibitively expensive to replace this if it comes up missing.

My only request is that you please be careful with it. As I said, it's currently in flawless condition.

Jeff -

RP is next and then me, "are we established" in your eyes?

~ t

This is Matt's show. Whatever he decides I'll go along with.

I've read this front to back many times and have always found something new I really enjoy. I must insist, however, that if you're not established, I'm not allowing you to get in the pass. As I'm sure you're all aware, it will be prohibitively expensive to replace this if it comes up missing.

My only request is that you please be careful with it. As I said, it's currently in flawless condition.

Can you just stop a pass without asking everyone else? I did not knwo that. Maybe we wanted to see the first edition. Oh well...keep me posted.

~ t

The thing is, it's not everyone's pass. It's the pass host's. And evidently, there is a problem, and it being sent back to the host as per his directions.

Right now the book in the pass is the first edition which anyone can buy used for under a buck.

The third edition is what makes this pass useful. I concur with Jlada, it is very expensive to replace.

Last night, 42 asked me to send him the book back so he could replace it.

Just hold on there until we work things out.

edit: after reading my previous post, I realize I came across as it was my decision. It was not.
I started to ask 42 questions about the book. It turns out what we thought was the third edition turned out
to be the third printing. 42 then asked for the book back.

My bad - I did not know 42 requested his book back.... :blush:

My apologies...

~ t

edit - whatever works, sorry 42.

Right now the book in the pass is the first edition which anyone can buy used for under a buck.

The third edition is what makes this pass useful. I concur with Jlada, it is very expensive to replace.

Last night, 42 asked me to send him the book back so he could replace it.

Just hold on there until we work things out.

edit: after reading my previous post, I realize I came across as it was my decision. It was not.
I started to ask 42 questions about the book. It turns out what we thought was the third edition turned out
to be the third printing. 42 then asked for the book back.

Alrighty then, put me back in the list as I'd like to take a gander at the newer edition. :)