• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vets Pass - RESULTS!

DC # 0306 3030 0003 1540 9065

0 Takes...2 Puts and a Shark sighting!!!

Thanks Ray.

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA

Come to Huntsville. Now where did I put my shark fishing gear? :whistling:

The Pass has arrived :thumbs: .....well at least it is at my house. I am away for business. :( My wife has the pass and said it arrived in good shape. I will be home tomorrow afternoon and will do my puts and takes. I will send it out Sat. if the post office is open, or Monday if not.

I am home and have opened the Pass box.......Soooooo many beautiful cigars to choose from...what to choose ???

It was quite an experience trying to choose which cigars I should take. I am still learning and could not identify most of them. After much looking and smelling, my puts and takes are made, and PM's sent.

Wavescrashing, the post office said it would take about 8 days to get to you priority mail. DC# 0308 2040 0001 3144 1049

Thanks for letting me participate Ray :thumbs: Reveiws will be coming soon, I have some beautiful cigars, that smell great. I just hope they taste as good as they look and smell :p

It should NOT take 8 days to get to Hawaii by Priority Mail. I've sent things from here that took 4. In any case, I hope he's ready!

It should NOT take 8 days to get to Hawaii by Priority Mail. I've sent things from here that took 4. In any case, I hope he's ready!

I agree it should not take that long to get to HI. I just checked USPS Tranking and this is what I found:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0001 3144 1049
Expected Delivery Date: November 2, 2010 Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 12:13 pm on October 30, 2010 in DODGE, TX 77334. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I did send him a PM and the Pass was sent to his new addy.

Smoked #11 from the pass tonight, with a healthy side or three of Balvenie Portwood 21. This was a perfecto, slightly open foot, with a mottled nut brown toothy wrapper showing some evidence of plume. I picked it because I like perfectos, and they're not very common nowadays.

Best guess, looking at it, was that this was a Camacho Scorpion, either original or reissue. Nose was lightly spiced, and prelight draw was cinnamon with a bit of lip tingle. VERY strong smoke, more in terms of nicotine content than body. Burned a bit hot toward the end, but it had that smooth taste + asskicking tendency that I associate with Scorpions. Couldn't pin the flavor profile down, though, as it's been over a year since my last one. Bit of barnyard flavor, so it could have been a CC for all I know.

VERY good cigar. I liked it a lot.

~Boar

Standing by.

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0001 3144 1049
Expected Delivery Date: November 2, 2010
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our HONOLULU, HI 96820 facility on November 02, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

It should be there today!

So, is anyone ELSE smoking theirs yet? :rolleyes:

Tonight was #6 . . . one of only two, along with the San Cristobal Guajiro, that I picked because I was pretty sure I knew what they were.

This one is (well, was, now) a churchill-length box pressed maduro torp that just screamed "Pick ME! I'm a Padron!" while I was going through the box o' stogies. It had the look and smell of a '26, although the size leads me to believe it might have been one of the specials, perhaps the 40th.

Open draw and smooth, smooth smoking leads me to think I was right on the money. Padron's my guess and I'm sticking to it! :love:

~Boar

You are going to be SOOOOOO surprised Boar. :laugh:

I haven't received any physical notification. It's a PO box, so it's usually always a pick-up card left in the box, but there was nada.

The wife has informed me that the pass has landed.
I'll do my puts/takes tonight and get this shipped in the morning.

At the rate I'm going, I'll have all my takes smoked before this gets home to Ray. :laugh:

Last night I poured a little Stagg onto some ice, turned on my Skype for my Thursday night gig on Raven Radio, an internet/podcast heathen talk show, and lit up #43.

This was a cigar I picked simply because it was beautiful---nice slim robusto, about 48-9 X 5.25 or so (I didn't measure, it just looked slightly longer and a little slimmer than a typical 'busto) with a gorgeous, rich brown, almost veinless wrapper leaf that was just gleaming and shiny with with oils. Construction was immaculate, draw was superb, burn was near perfect.

Prelight nose had that raisins and molasses thing going that well-fermented and aged tobaccos get, smoke was cool, velvety and rich with some black coffee notes and a hint of underlying sweetness. It reminded me slightly of a well-aged LFD Premium Ligero I was gifted awhile back, but I don't think that was it. Size seemed wrong. Still, I could swear I've smoked one, or one very like it, at sometime in the past, but couldn't begin to hazard a guess.

All I know for sure is . . . I definitely want MORE of whatever this was. They've all been pretty good, but this one was the best so far by a very wide margin. :thumbs:

~Boar

At the rate I'm going, I'll have all my takes smoked before this gets home to Ray. :laugh:

Last night I poured a little Stagg onto some ice, turned on my Skype for my Thursday night gig on Raven Radio, an internet/podcast heathen talk show, and lit up #43.

This was a cigar I picked simply because it was beautiful---nice slim robusto, about 48-9 X 5.25 or so (I didn't measure, it just looked slightly longer and a little slimmer than a typical 'busto) with a gorgeous, rich brown, almost veinless wrapper leaf that was just gleaming and shiny with with oils. Construction was immaculate, draw was superb, burn was near perfect.

Prelight nose had that raisins and molasses thing going that well-fermented and aged tobaccos get, smoke was cool, velvety and rich with some black coffee notes and a hint of underlying sweetness. It reminded me slightly of a well-aged LFD Premium Ligero I was gifted awhile back, but I don't think that was it. Size seemed wrong. Still, I could swear I've smoked one, or one very like it, at sometime in the past, but couldn't begin to hazard a guess.

All I know for sure is . . . I definitely want MORE of whatever this was. They've all been pretty good, but this one was the best so far by a very wide margin. :thumbs:

~Boar

Sooo close, but not quite. Glad you enjoyed it though (that was one of my puts).

I lit up #22 yesterday. Cedar and spice nose on a 6ish by 50ish med brown Toro. Wrapper looked to be a lighter shade of maduro (not as dark as a LFD maduro or MX2) or similar/slightly darker shade to cameroon/corojo. Light was nice, with very light spice (not as much as the nose indicated) and woody/caramel notes. Spice built to the 2/3 point and the flavors got deeper with a bit of leather and cedar with coffee/caramelish notes. Last third mellowed a little overall I would call it Med-full/full (not as strong as a LFD Ligero). Burn was slighly off in the beginning, fixed itself after a few minutes and stayed nice until it got a bit warm in the last inch and was slighly off (probably my fault). Reminds me of a DCM, Comacho Corojo or Oliva G but I guess it's a stick that's new to me cause it's not exactly like that (but my palatte is narrow compared to most). If I had to guess one, it was most like a DCM Toro but I think that's "strength of an idea" cause that's what it looked like from the beginning and I may have had too many pre-conceived notions.

Very good stick and I look forward to finding out what it was. I'll be deploying on Tue - so the rest of my takes will be tested somewhere near the equator (it'll be nice "winter" weather for smoking outside). unsure of internet access yet - but if I can, I'll still check in regularly over the holidays.

V/R

HK