• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

MadMonk said:

About damned time. I guess they had to wait until the end to make us crazy.
Nothing like a little bedside sword surgery.... lol

I was a bit frustrated for an experienced survivor not using a tourniquet.

Exactly what I was thinking! Such a noob lol

Yeah, rough season. During Talking Dead it was mentioned that things are going to get worse. Not sure if that meant the "hunt" for a better place is going to be rough or if there's going to be more fatalities, or both...

I yelled when that happened more than I did when Beth felt that itch on her head.  Can't believe it.

But not having read the comic books or watched talking dead from last night yet, what was with the Governor flash backs and all that owning up to his commitments?  I didn't understand or remember why that was there.

I didn't get the Governor's references either along with most of the episode and I'm a die hard fan. Every now and then they seem to throw in a weird "trippy bad acid" episode which leaves me scratching my head. Tyrese dying however blows. Two main characters deaths in back to back episodes is not cool.
I feel the writers are in general dragging out the story line. In two seasons (with the exception of last night going to Virginia) its seems like they have travelled all of 5 miles.
I could vent for hours about WDead. Damn it.  

I took the flashbacks as his internal conflicts. I plan on watching again so maybe I'll get a better clue.

bucfan444 said:
I didn't get the Governor's references either along with most of the episode and I'm a die hard fan. Every now and then they seem to throw in a weird "trippy bad acid" episode which leaves me scratching my head. Tyrese dying however blows. Two main characters deaths in back to back episodes is not cool.
I feel the writers are in general dragging out the story line. In two seasons (with the exception of last night going to Virginia) its seems like they have travelled all of 5 miles.
I could vent for hours about WDead. Damn it.  
I went home for lunch and watched talking dead :)  I guess I had forgotten that Ty was with the Governor as he was found by him.  Ty had promised him loyalty and almost joined his camp.  I remember now the struggle he had with leaving woodberry.

Very true.
I picked the wrong time not to stay up for "Talking Dead"
 Last nights episode needed some analysis and interpretation.

Hey I'm all for equal right/free love/blah blah, but Walking Dead took a weird turn last night at 9:45pm.

I don't mind the added element. Truth is, it is a very basic fact of society. I'm a bit intrigued on how they plan to unfold that. Pretty tense episode. Made up for last weeks more cerebral but, I think necessary reminder that they are human.

Also, my favorite show is back on...Vikings!

edit for mistype.

Totally disagree on the zombies are human thing. Once you are a zombie/walker, you are the undead creature. You cease to be human. You have no emotions, feelings or soul, your only purpose for existence is to feed off of the living humans and kill. The way I see and understand infections/outbreaks, the virus or bacteria must be cured/treated with a treatment, either to be controlled/managed, or eradicated. There are some however that are too advanced and treatment will fail. It's the nature of the way medical treatments work. Because we all have unique immune systems, we all respond differently to treatment. There is also the power of faith, and prayer. Personally, I believe these combined with treatment are possibly the strongest combination of any treatment available.

Ok off soap box.

CMontoya79 said:
Totally disagree on the zombies are human thing. Once you are a zombie/walker, you are the undead creature. You cease to be human. You have no emotions, feelings or soul, your only purpose for existence is to feed off of the living humans and kill. The way I see and understand infections/outbreaks, the virus or bacteria must be cured/treated with a treatment, either to be controlled/managed, or eradicated. There are some however that are too advanced and treatment will fail. It's the nature of the way medical treatments work. Because we all have unique immune systems, we all respond differently to treatment. There is also the power of faith, and prayer. Personally, I believe these combined with treatment are possibly the strongest combination of any treatment available.

Ok off soap box.
I'm confused, you talking about Rick's "we are the walking dead" speech?

I get what he means by that. But no literally taking about the whole "zombie rights" thing. This will be interesting to see.

Oh, gotcha! Sorry, missed the bit on the Zed Rights.

Its funny what people will get worked up over. No solid zombie outbreaks, but we already have Zombie Advocates lined up. Maybe I should look into being a Zombie Lobbyist, Zeds should have a ton of expendable cash to lobby Congress with :)

Too much free time...

Not for the Zombie rights thing but, I guess some folks could conceivably preach that. My reference to Being human was Rick and the group. They are always so bad ass, I think that the walk along the road was to remind us they are not indestructible.

bucfan444 said:
Hey I'm all for equal right/free love/blah blah, but Walking Dead took a weird turn last night at 9:45pm.

But... Didn't they already do this last season but with the girls? (or the season before) I didn't find it so weird because of it.

whylieineedacigar said:

But... Didn't they already do this last season but with the girls? (or the season before) I didn't find it so weird because of it.

I'm surprised it hasn't come up more often on the show, really.  Part of life and raised eyebrows seem kinda  . . . well, Fifties, really, at this point.  But that sort of thing's never really bothered me much.  Love is hearts not parts and all that.  ;)

Great episode . . . after the Governor and Terminus and Atlanta they're just a mite wary!

~Boar

There are some big moments in the comic series that the show should be getting to soon, I'm interested to see what makes the cut.