• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2018

2003 Avo 22, courtesy of jfields... I am surprised how good these are... (I believe this is the best non Cuban I have had)

View attachment 20118

Thank you John!

Glad you enjoyed it Bill! The AVO 22 European Release has always been a tasty treat I find. Wish there were more of them floating around.

A Ramon Allones Superiores LCDH 2013. Got this courtesy of BBS. Never been a huge fan of the RA profile until this cigar... Wow! I love this cigar!
Thanks Tom!

831D885E-C483-4193-8B17-A70A680B4889.jpeg

Didn't know any of these still existed. Fields must have incredible will power. One of the best cigars I've ever had.
Will power and generosity....

It’s funny, because I only had a short amount of time to smoke tonight, and this was the smallest in the dry box... I was thinking... damn, I wonder why John sent me this non-Cuban... Once I lit it, I knew why... amazing cigar.

Will power and generosity....

It’s funny, because I only had a short amount of time to smoke tonight, and this was the smallest in the dry box... I was thinking... damn, I wonder why John sent me this non-Cuban... Once I lit it, I knew why... amazing cigar.

AVO tried to replicate it with the 7-8-7 (supposedly), but I never thought it lived up to anything close to the 22. I read on halfwheel, 2 months ago, that they will be releasing the LE05 and AVO 22 in June of this year.

AVO tried to replicate it with the 7-8-7 (supposedly), but I never thought it lived up to anything close to the 22. I read on halfwheel, 2 months ago, that they will be releasing the LE05 and AVO 22 in June of this year.
Are you talking about the US, or European release?

I have both in OR and the one Bill enjoyed is the European. The US is good, but not near as good. I know I say this a lot, but I think the thin RG makes the cigar wrapper harmonize better with the blend.

Are you talking about the US, or European release?

I have both in OR and the one Bill enjoyed is the European. The US is good, but not near as good. I know I say this a lot, but I think the thin RG makes the cigar wrapper harmonize better with the blend.

From what I remember, I enjoyed both 22s. If I remember correctly, the European version, was smaller/thinner? At the time that I had the AVO 22 (US), it was the best cigar I had smoked at the time. Here is the link to the halfwheel article:

https://halfwheel.com/avo-22-le05-returning-2018/252199

Very fresh Illusione Epernay Le Matin the other night. Potential is there, time for a box purchase. Or two.