• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

Smoked one of the PLPC's from the box split with CigSid. Plan on letting them sit for awhile but had to try one. Great smoke. No problems with draw. Perfect burn. Paired it with a nice black coffee.

Illusione ~f9~ on the back patio while I enjoy the gorgeous afternoon weather in the Florida panhandle.

NicaPuro from Alec Bradley. Not really my thing and boy was it strong. Had to run to the kitchen for a soda.

I smoked the new Drew Estates Nirvana 6x52 Toro (I thought it was the Corona Gorda) yesterday and I must say that I was not impressed. Sort of bland and mild...not in a bad, off-tasting way, just very little flavor at all. It wasn't bitter, salty, or any of that like...just kinda non-descript in any way to make it stand apart from the crowd. Maybe it will taste better in a smaller vitola, but in this size, it just didn't cut it for me. I'm not looking for every cigar I smoke to change twelve times during the the time I smoke it, it's just that nothing stood out the whole time it was lit.

It was nicely rolled, smelled great, and had a nice cold draw...but once lit, it really failed to impress. I would be hard pressed to even call this a medium bodied cigar...and I love flavorful, medium bodied, one dimensional cigars. For over $10.00 a stick, this will be the first & last one I buy. I know I (subliminally) don't like a cigar when I forget I'm smoking it and leave it in the ashtray between puffs instead of in my hand after smoking it for a while...and that's the one thing that was impressive...I wouldn't puff it for over 5 minutes sometimes...and the stick was still ready to smoke. I guess that is a testament to how well constructed they are.  :thumbs:

image_zps40235234.jpg

Thanks for the feed back on this. So pretty on the outside but lacking substance on the inside is too common.

Morning drive smoke was a 2009 Bolivar Petit Belicoso LE. Yup, the same one as the one you can win in the CP Fundraiser Contest. These are smoking absolutely great and I just cracked open this box.  :love:

IMG_1797_zpsd77922e4.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Churchill SCO ESOU 99, very woody, leathery, tea notes and a hint of sweetness. Floral aroma. Great.

C, nice stogie. Those are great with at least 5 years age on them so I could only imagine it from 99 - wow.

ETA: How's the draw on it?

Great draw. Was a selection from a pass last year. Hell of a smoke. My oldest to date.

LGC 2 last night. Great smoke and should get better with time as the last was tasting young. I am glad I follow the advice and grabbed an other box.

Watched Opening Day yesterday with a Monte #2 and a Herrera Esteli.