• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

Enjoyed an Angelo's robusto today while driving around the Bay Area.  I forgot how much I like those sticks!

Nothing makes a baby shower like sharing some Upmann HC's and some Boston Lager with 8 of your buddies on the deck while the woman ooh and ahh over baby stuff in the living room...

No it's not our baby....

Ashton VSG Eclipse last night in honor of Fuente Friday

a9aga7eh.jpg

La Flor De Cano Grandioso with some 15 Glendfiddich. Couldn't resist and cracked open the box. Very good cigar and for a CC would rate it on the fuller side. A tad smaller on the ring gage than the 2009 R&J Duke but very similar in taste profile. Definitely picking up a few more boxes. Enjoyed it while looking through The World of the Habano book that I picked up from Johny-O - well worth the $40.

gallery_14060_1820_69515.jpg

A Buena Vista LE Corona and a HUPC.  It was the first HUPC that I actually enjoyed.  Perfect draw and great flavor.  Clearly a few years helped those.

Gern Blansten, I found myself exactly the same, I had my first hupmann mag 46 that I enjoyed and it had a few years on it. Never liked em young, too harsh IMHO.

I've had this resting for a bit, unsure whether I wanted to even smoke it or not, considering what these things cost lol. But then, I realized, why buy it if I'm not going to enjoy it. So, tonight's smoke.

cao_sopranos.jpg

Woke up to temps in the upper 40s, so I'm on the deck with a great cup of coffee and a Fuente Fuente Opus X.

Today was spend some money day.

LP UF-13. ( smoked this puppy ). Very enjoyable but I still prefer the #9

LFD Small Batch 5 ( the rep. Was here and said all the tobacco is from 2007 and a better smoke than the #4 ).

Box LDR Chapter 1. ( boxed press spice bomb so I'm told ). Holding off till Wednesday and a meet with the BOTL's

Light this! said:
La Flor De Cano Grandioso with some 15 Glendfiddich. Couldn't resist and cracked open the box. Very good cigar and for a CC would rate it on the fuller side. A tad smaller on the ring gage than the 2009 R&J Duke but very similar in taste profile. Definitely picking up a few more boxes. Enjoyed it while looking through The World of the Habano book that I picked up from Johny-O - well worth the $40.

gallery_14060_1820_69515.jpg
I found the LFDC to be one of the mildest cigars I've ever smoked. Must be a lot of variation between boxes.

Brickhouse said:
My first Undercrown today. Impressive.

Wyatt, I think it's one of DE's best offerings, with the Corona Viva leading the way.  Which vitola did you try?

I enjoyed a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Lancero last night.

La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale Tainos

It's a mouthful, isn't it. Actually a pretty nice cigar overall. Dare I compare it to a rustic Opus with a lighter body? Not bad for a $5 stick.