• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

zeemanb said:
La Imperiosa...definitely worth a try if you like Crowned Heads. I'll be smoking more of these.
Smoked the double corona ROTT about a week and a half ago and since then I've enjoyed 3 more. Much more impressed with this release than the 2015 Las Calaveras. Did you happen to try the 2014 LC ? As you know this is supposedly the exact same blend in a regular production stick. People have been gripping and bitching at Crowned Heads for somehow "devaluing" the 2014 LC release by releasing La Imperiosa. 

bucfan444 said:

La Imperiosa...definitely worth a try if you like Crowned Heads. I'll be smoking more of these.
Smoked the double corona ROTT about a week and a half ago and since then I've enjoyed 3 more. Much more impressed with this release than the 2015 Las Calaveras. Did you happen to try the 2014 LC ? As you know this is supposedly the exact same blend in a regular production stick. People have been gripping and bitching at Crowned Heads for somehow "devaluing" the 2014 LC release by releasing La Imperiosa. 

I just got several of the 2014 LC's in a trade, and they seem pretty similar to the  Imperiosas flavorwise but I'm really happy to have these new sticks in a corona gorda size.  I think I was expecting too much from the 2015 LC's with all of the hype that they were a fuller bodied smoke...they seem to be at the lower end of medium.  Not a bad smoke, but I don't think they have anything on any of the regular lines. I've read some of the complaints about them "selling out" and devaluing the 2014's, and I just don't get it.  Maybe people who are into purchasing exclusive/rare smokes are butthurt because now they feel less cool or something, but I'm of the "the more the merrier" opinion when it comes to tasty smokes....I know I'd rather have regular access to Headley Grange Drumsticks than be down to my last 2.  

QdO Imperial from 2000, started out kind of weird, with a heavy barnyard flavor, but ended really nice with sweet spicy molasses... Glad i didn't chunk it (I came really close....)

Rocky Patel Twentieth. IPCPR handout. Unfortunately it is not memorable, lite spice, even burn, raisin, lite coco but no back end. More of a beginners smoke.

JdN 1970 beli last night and a Cromagnon Anthropology this morning...it's just one of those weeks that requires hearty smokes.

I don't remember who sent this M80 to me, but HOLY SHIT!  What an awesome cigar.  The cello was so yellow, I had to take a picture of it. I thought I had taken a picture of it next to my white cup I was drinking out of, but I can't find it.

Anyway, what a great cigar this was.  Hell, I even smoked it on my way to work.

20150817_074307_zpsayi4rm5o.jpg

Viaje Stuffed Turkey White 2013 for my walkdown. Good cigar though I would probably enjoy it more if it wasn't so damn hot.

I smoked my first Partagas 8-9-8 Varnished last night. While I don't typically go for long cigars, this one was fantastic. The view was also not too shabby.

2812d539-3421-4224-95d8-cd1d153912d8_zpsuee7yh24.jpg

SLR Pacificos, these are finally "there" after 6 years.. This one was medium full, with loads of fruit and honey... Very enjoyable...

Halfway done with an Ashton VSG Enchantment. Picked this one up tonight from a local shop. I was honestly hoping for more given the price. It's pretty harsh. Maybe I got a dude, but unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'll stick to the more traditional corona or robusto.

Stuffed turkey dark meat for today. Again, would have more enjoyment if it wasn't so blistering hot.

Las calvares while watching interstellar. With Russel Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon

An Añejo from 07. I had high hopes for this cigar but the smaller Añejo's are so much better- than this one anyway.