• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Ramon Allones Gigantes while at the local pub. Damn fine cigar. Really aged nicely. Thank you to the BOTL that gifted me this one.
Wow, in what country are you residing where you still have that much freedom! This one would be disqualified on two counts!!

While we do have an indoor smoking ban here, the courts have ruled that it is not the business owners job to enforce the law. So if they decide not to stop people from smoking, that's up to them. The owner of several Irish bars doesn't give a rip. Support your local rebel.

CA has some similar laws. They ban smoking by making an employee health related issue. The way the locals get around that owners are exempt from the health code requirement. So owner-operator cigar bars can do well. My favorite is the Occidental in SF. Great old-timey neighborhood bar feel with a decent premium cigar selection. Plus you can bring your own.

I'm gonna smoke a Johnny-O tonight. Since it's been a while, I want to see if they have the sickness.

LP Undercrown Corona Viva this afternoon.
Padron 1964 Ann. Exclusivo Maduro paired with Oskar Blues Ten Fidy. A match made in cigar/beer heaven!

While we do have an indoor smoking ban here, the courts have ruled that it is not the business owners job to enforce the law. So if they decide not to stop people from smoking, that's up to them. The owner of several Irish bars doesn't give a rip. Support your local rebel.
What happens here is a patron rats/complains and that is usually that. I knew one bar owner who paid the steep fine and continued to allow it. The second fine was much bigger and ... :(:eek::cool::mad:

We have several small towns in the greater Kansas City area where indoor smoking isn't banned BUT most places have stopped allowing it on their own. Sugar Creek is a small town where anything goes, and there was one mom and pop restaurant that moved a half mile down the road from Independence when smoking was banned there, just to keep the regulars happy and puffing away. The only bad thing about Sugar Creek is when the local cops pull you over for "being uppity with that whole set of teeth" when you head over for a tenderloin and a cigar.

With spring here, there are a couple of spots where outdoor smoking is allowed and there is table service with good food and drink. Seating is kind of limited, but worth the wait/calling ahead. And no Sugar Creek cops!

Edited to add: smoke of the day was a '99 VR Clasico...found the sweet spot with these things; the flavor really pops when you keep the humidity right at 63. Any higher than that and they tighten up on you flavorwise.

What happens here is a patron rats/complains and that is usually that. I knew one bar owner who paid the steep fine and continued to allow it. The second fine was much bigger and ... :(:eek::cool::mad:
There is a penalty for the business but I think that is the part that was contested in court. As far as I know, the question comes down to allowing vs not stopping it. The police have already stated for the record that they won't respond to complaints of smoking but only give they are already there. The health department that is supposed to enforce the law only has a few inspectors for this kind of thing so I don't remember the last time I heard someone got a ticket. Of course they do sell some cigars and cigarettes so they may get through that exemption.

Only places with permits/lisence can do so here, otherwise they risk losing their liquor license and fines.

Nice QdO last night. I really like them, I should get a box to keep around. Nice and creamy, slight spice on the front, great smoke output, and always performs well.

I enjoyed a La Palina KB OTT last night. They looked too good to resist and didn't disappoint. Is it a Goldie? No, but they are available and less pricey. Bill Paley makes some great cigars but most are out of my comfort zone price wise.