• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

You know I think actually in a way for instance I usually smoke one or two cigars a day or every other day. But when you go awhile without,then pull out a good smoke or a all time favorite you just enjoy it a bit better and it seems to be a very good Smoke. Sometimes abstinence even if it's for a little bit makes you savor it just a bit more :•] Abstinence makes the heart or in this instance palate/flavor/aroma grow fonder. Especially if you have a favorite in particular or a few you Smoke often it can be so common to get used to aroma and flavor to the point it seems maybe blah or different,boring. But with some abstinence from sticks or a particular is actually a nice treat sometimes. Looks like a great stick BTW. Enjoy my friend!
I don't typically smoke every day, but I do have my everyday smoking cigars for when I smoke more frequently. I do find that I will reach for something a little nicer if it's been a while. What matters most is that you are enjoying your smoke!

fWxD07jl.jpg
what vitola is that?

I was looking for a medium bodied cigar to have with some coffee while I was doing some work on the computer this morning so went rummaging through the bottom of my humidor. I ended up finding a Saint Luis Rey non cuban but no idea what it was, probably close to a double corona, maybe a tad shorter. It had been sitting in my humidor for at least 10 years, cello all yellowed out and the band slid off on its own when I opened it up. Wasn't sure what to expect and was concerned that it would be just flat with very little flavor, but was a really nice smoke and turned out to be exactly the flavor profile I was looking for. Great way to start my Friday!

Photo shoot smoke...the cigar I picked to appear on the back cover of my book, along with me and Dusty Rhodes, was the RyJ Wide Churchill. Not the rarest or most expensive, just a tried and true favorite.
View attachment 17003
Picked up a three pack of those. While not a fan of the trend of larger ring cigars these are pretty tasty. Good choice for shirt and cigar!

Picked up a three pack of those. While not a fan of the trend of larger ring cigars these are pretty tasty. Good choice for shirt and cigar!

No kidding, with NC's I avoid large RG's most of the time, but something about CC's just works. The wide Churchills are a favorite, along with the PSE2's and Boli Libertadors...all stay in regular rotation.

You know I think actually in a way for instance I usually smoke one or two cigars a day or every other day. But when you go awhile without,then pull out a good smoke or a all time favorite you just enjoy it a bit better and it seems to be a very good Smoke. Sometimes abstinence even if it's for a little bit makes you savor it just a bit more :•] Abstinence makes the heart or in this instance palate/flavor/aroma grow fonder. Especially if you have a favorite in particular or a few you Smoke often it can be so common to get used to aroma and flavor to the point it seems maybe blah or different,boring. But with some abstinence from sticks or a particular is actually a nice treat sometimes. Looks like a great stick BTW. Enjoy my friend!
No question about it. I think the reason is twofold. Firstly, your sense organs need time to recover. This is more of a factor for most people as they age. But what isn't? ;)

Secondly, as a more rare event, it becomes elevated in importance in the mind's eye. It's part of why we like "special occasion" cigars.

IMG_0210.JPG Vacation officially here. Leaving tomorrow at 5am to spend a week camping in Provincetown and starting it right with a milinium blend lancero. It's been at least a year since my last one and smells wonderful.

Had this sitting in my humi for about a year because of burn issues it had. Last three weeks in my travel humi. Walkdown cigar for today is Hirochi Robaina sublime. Burn was a little wavy but more due to wind and the only relight I had was when I put it down for a while. Much better this time a round then when I first got them.

Your impression?

I actually thought it or imagined it would be very peppery with cream. Like CAO Gold. But the AVO was creamy smoke a bit more thicker and decadent. If that makes sense. Now here comes the shocking part to me. Very low,but there is white and black pepper in the background not as profound as in some others in the same genre of type were. The taste and Aroma has some spice and some creamy velvety vannilic notes. But the biggest aroma/flavors I get are roasted hazelnut,Cashew,Almonds. Very good. I give it *****. And the draw was perfect. Perfect burn. And perfect construction very very happy with this stick. These were gifts from the wife. If you like CAO Gold you will like AVO Classic No.2's. They are opposite in which the notes are backwards on one vs the other. The notes from CAO Gold the black & White pepper,and Leather spice are loudest. With AVO the other notes present in Gold are turned up way more. So same vibes just go in different directions if that makes sense lol. It's worth owning both :)