• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

The Espana is the bomb, and can be had extremely cheaply right now. Hard to pass up.

Hard to believe the Seleccion Espana aka Espana was offered in Spain now 10 years ago; that implies I'm getting old. 🤣
Even harder to believe that I never purchased the Espana until just a couple years ago. I was just getting into the non Maduro blends a year before.
Over the past three years my taste in cigars has basically done a 180 as I now prefer lighter blends but I see the Espana as somewhere in the middle ground.

At least a couple folks at Halfwheel have offered the Espana some serious praise with labels such as, "one of the most Cubanesque blends," " definitely reminded me of a Cuban blend," and " It's not the most complex non-Cuban cigar on the market, it's not a mirror replica of Havana's finest; but it's reminiscent." Those comments along with a couple of 93 ratings make me wonder, is the Espana really similar to a 'Cuban' blend?
I have never smoked a 'Cuban' cigar. I like the Espana blend but it is not one of my favorite blends so, this all has me wondering; if I ever smoke a 'Cuban' cigar would I even like it? 🤔

My stash of Espana is now a solid 2 years in the humi so, the next time I select a smoke I will go with an Espana, if for no other reason that Charlie at Halfwheel implied the Espana would be, "simply sublime" with some time in proper storage. I haven't puffed one of my Espanas in quite some time but I hope Charlie is right. 🤤

Trying out a gifted cigar, Rojas statement, (@TexasTraveler) and a small smoke, illusione 68, I picked up from a local shop. I’ve been looking into smaller smokes with longer than normal burn times and good flavors so gonna check this bad boy out too while I wait on my short R&Js to age another 4 years.
View attachment 39471
1st: oh yah, this one is a full. Got a dark, rich flavors like most do, pepper on the retrohale, some sweetness and nearing the end a bit of leather coming through.
2nd: I can definitely see why you like these A-Aron, this is making me grow man hair just by smoking it, more pepper at the start of the 2nd that is easing up coming to the end of it, nose holes are peppery and there is a nice subtle cream adding to the still subtle leather. Minimally sweet but I know it’s there like a reach around but only for emotional supportView attachment 39473
Last third: still a good power bomb. I can walk fine but my brain is definitely tingling. The pepper has actually let up some in the last third and the tobacco, dark coffee, and mild sweetness is there with a little leather/cream. Not a lot of leather and cream but just a tad. I bet a box of these sitting for a few years would be so freaking good. Retrohale is a bit of heavy espresso and tobaccy. I would buy this cigar but only to set it down for a while to let it mellow some. View attachment 39480

Great review. If you like this stick check out his KSG cigar and Los Tejanos ( colander with OSOK ) also gavitos is a cigar rolled by Rojas exclusively for lake view cigars in Texas. And as a side note Rojas is known for his amazing blending skills on small ring gages so Lancero are his best creations

20210228_070913.jpg
JLP Cazadore
Not a great or complex smoke, but for $3 they are pretty decent. Good enough for the price.
I buy some of the cheaper CC'S fairly often as i have a tight cigar budget and have found that the Jlp's, Quinteros and Vegueros are pretty good for the low price.