• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

1) That chocolate is my spirit animal.
2) I (like many others, I'm sure) had that same phone at my desk when I worked at PHAM in Hawaii.
3) I still love your lighter.
4) Congrats to Junior. Has he been working on that thing in the garage for the past year? I hope so. I love those little cars, and would love one as a project vehicle. Miata Is Always The Answer

Ha, thanks!

I actually bought the chocolate for my wife to include in the Mother's Day stuff, but decided to keep it for myself. The phone was the cheapest option when we moved to the voip system a few years ago. I don't need no fancy steenkin phone. It works.

Yeah, the kid can frequently be found in the garage, with tools spread out all over the place. I've got a lot invested in good mechanics tools, I want them to feel good in his hand, and when I'm gone years from now, I want them to still feel good in his hand and also bring back memories. That's the way my dad did it. He loves that little car. I have an MGB that we are about done with a ground-up restoration, so he and I can go driving together. Never thought having kids would be so much fun. :)

20200908_150151.jpg

Well, this seems like an easy pairing decision. Camacho American Barrel Aged Robusto... with... American whiskey. Cigar is very nice, have not smoked a Camacho I didn't like.

(BTW Andy, thanks for the pointer the other night about another Honduran cigar (in response to my comment about Camachos) - I have a box of Aladino Maduro Robustos on the way.)

20210507_185558.jpg

My first Veritas Cigar, my first 'barber pole' with three wrapper leaves instead of two, and a new record (for me) for holding the ash; 63 minutes. o_O
My old record for a cigar holding the ash was 57 minutes; a LADC.

Veritas 'Three Blends' with eight different tobaccos in the blend.

I smoked this cigar only 48 hours after delivery; I think these have excellent potential after some serious aging.
I was quite surprised, and I am now reconsidering the idea of the gimmicky barber pole concept.

# 1 vtb st.jpg

pictured here @ 55 minutes; the ash fell off 8 minutes later @ 63 minutes
# 1 vtb 55.jpg

ended this journey at 115 minutes but there was more to go .......
# 1 vtb 115.jpg

Last edited:
My first Cuban ever! Thanks to @CigarStone & @Jimmy Shaker !! My best friend is smoking the De Rafael Gonzaez Flor Marquez & I have the Por Larranaga Marca Independiente. Needless to say... we in love.
View attachment 42220
FYI -- CCs benefit greatly from about a week in a dry box (discussed previously). Not terrible right out of the humidor, but they really seem to come to life, for the most part, with seven days or so at 60% +/-. The PLPC (Por Larrañaga Petit Corona) is a favorite around here, and very budget friendly when you see the trees instead of the forest. Price per stick is on par or cheaper than many other NCs you'd purchase, though they may seem expensive because they are sold in 50 ct. cabinets.

FYI -- CCs benefit greatly from about a week in a dry box (discussed previously). Not terrible right out of the humidor, but they really seem to come to life, for the most part, with seven days or so at 60% +/-. The PLPC (Por Larrañaga Petit Corona) is a favorite around here, and very budget friendly when you see the trees instead of the forest. Price per stick is on par or cheaper than many other NCs you'd purchase, though they may seem expensive because they are sold in 50 ct. cabinets.
Oh wow I dont know that's how they sold em. But God damn that was a beautiful stick