• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice day for an ice cold Surly Furious paired with a very satisfying JL2 from 99. :thumbs: Then grilled a NY strip prime. Best Sunday, yet! :D The week looks quite busy but today is enough to see me through.

It just got better...warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream!!!! :)

Padron 40th maddie. Yesterday was just a fuct up day all around with a wake and memorial early in the day. The 40th helped...

Sorry to hear about the loss- hope the rest of your week is better!

Cheers,

R

I smoked two perfect cigars!

Monte Petite Edmundo
CI Legends Pepin

Draw, construction, burn, flavor were all flawless and just lovely! :)

'08 Diplomatico #2
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Clasic (Great as always, I could smoke these everyday for the rest of my life )

We spent the late morning and afternoon doing work in the yard. After that we sat on the patio relaxing and grilling. I enjoyed a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Machito and a San Cristobal Seleccion de Sol Robusto.

Spent the afternoon reworking the front porch flowerbed myself, and had a nice La Traviata 'busto between shower and dinner.

After a movie on the "testo-vision," caught up on some Hulu.com with Buffalo Trace and a well-aged Shark. Heavenly!

~Boar

One word- Chisel :love:

It has been a while since I smoked a LFD DL Chisel, but it was a great smoke. :thumbs:

Brandon

Smoked a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle today- here's a short review of it

Very similar in size and ring as on OLIVA NUB just slightly longer

Right out of the cello you could smell dark choclate and earthiness... cigar had a very nice dark wrapper with little or no veinage showing...all looked well constructed until I attempted to take the foot ribbon off and found that whoever applied it got too much gum on the band and adhered to the wrapper and tore the foot... pinch test was good and the cut was clean and easy-

On first lighting it is a typical Pepin Garcia smoke...very heavy black pepper taste and extremely strong...similar to the last My Father I smoked. The draw was good and it put out a decent amount of think aromatic smoke. The ash although it held together for the entire smoke, was very flakey... if I wasn't out doors I would have had to ash it for fear of dumping on someones floor...

1/2 inch down it got better with the pepper subsiding to a coffee and leather flavor plus a distinct bite of something I can't describe- but it didn't overpower the other flavors

Half way down the cigar took a turn for the worse and became noticeably more acidic and harsh...so I put it down way before I normally would finish a cigar.. it was just too harsh.

Overall I would rate it a good smoke if you can get it for a low pricepoint- I'm not too disappointed as I got a bundle of these on Cigar Bid for a pricepoint well below MSRP- I wouldn't pay full mark up personally.

I'd give it a 2.3 out of 5 on my rate-o-meter..

Cheers,

R

Smoked a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle today- here's a short review of it

Very similar in size and ring as on OLIVA NUB just slightly longer

Right out of the cello you could smell dark choclate and earthiness... cigar had a very nice dark wrapper with little or no veinage showing...all looked well constructed until I attempted to take the foot ribbon off and found that whoever applied it got too much gum on the band and adhered to the wrapper and tore the foot... pinch test was good and the cut was clean and easy-

On first lighting it is a typical Pepin Garcia smoke...very heavy black pepper taste and extremely strong...similar to the last My Father I smoked. The draw was good and it put out a decent amount of think aromatic smoke. The ash although it held together for the entire smoke, was very flakey... if I wasn't out doors I would have had to ash it for fear of dumping on someones floor...

1/2 inch down it got better with the pepper subsiding to a coffee and leather flavor plus a distinct bite of something I can't describe- but it didn't overpower the other flavors

Half way down the cigar took a turn for the worse and became noticeably more acidic and harsh...so I put it down way before I normally would finish a cigar.. it was just too harsh.

Overall I would rate it a good smoke if you can get it for a low pricepoint- I'm not too disappointed as I got a bundle of these on Cigar Bid for a pricepoint well below MSRP- I wouldn't pay full mark up personally.

I'd give it a 2.3 out of 5 on my rate-o-meter..

Cheers,

R

Dang, man, thats a full up review. You could have started your own thread with that one. :D

At lunch I smoked a Cuesta Rey #95. Its a 6.5x42 lonsdale, decent but only if you can find it at a very cheap price point. Not wonderful, just adequate.

Was on vacation in Paradise Island, so I took the opportunity to indulge in more smokes than I would normally have the opportunity to.

Ramon Allones Gigante (08)
Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona (08)
Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 (08)
La Gloria Cubana Delicioso 2010 RE Cuba
Partagas Chicos (09)
La Gloria Cubana Glorioso 2008 RE UK
Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva (09)
Havana Humidor Red Culebra
Xikar HC Series Connecticut Shade Robusto

Another beautiful day here in KC.... sat out on the patio, watched my son play, and smoked an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Pyramid.

Casa Magna Colorado Corona - these things just hit the spot for me. The right balance of spice, sweetness, and bitter cocoa with great construction and a killer wrapper.

I smoked a Gurkha Turk which split horribly when I punched it. It compromised the draw, and frustrated me for about 40 minutes, after which I decided to get the job done right with an '08 Monte #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.