• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padilla '68 Robusto - congrats, Ernesto, on blending a world class cigar! :thumbs:

Steve

Smoked a Rocky Patel Edge Maduro out in the boat today and and CAO Mx2 on the porch with the better half tonight it was a nice day rp

Graycliff Espresso PG... fantastic flavor but what a finicky cigar! Tar-buildup, tunneling, and three relights... :(

I had a great weekend camping. I enjoyed some great smokes too.

Padron 40th maduro
Johnny-O P 109
Cubao No.5
Opus xXx
Illusione 68

Kristoff Maduro Torp, a bit tangy but a nice smoke for the end of the day.

Tried a Cuesta-Ray last night, for me it was okay tasting, nice and mild for the newb. About half way through developed a huge canoe and it just got worse from there. It wouldn't stay lit and developed a really funny taste. Had to put it down and walk away.

Jose Seijas Robusto, from my newbie stash. Very enjoyable smoke, I did not want it to end. I had to use a Paperclip to smoke it to the very end. :D

Oliva Series G, nice, leathery and chocolatey and a good way to finish off the day.

I'm heading outside to smoke an OpusX Fuente Fuente with a glass or two of Montecristo in the outer bands of Hurricane Ike just in case the LHC devours us all in an hour or two.

In that event, very few of you will ever read this.

Edit-->I'm glad that the world didn't end for several reasons, not the least among them is the fact that while this was only my second Opus smoked (and also second Fuente Fuente), I just don't seem to care for this vitola. Hopefully I'll find the larger Opii to be more to my liking. This one tasted metallic and acrid although it got better towards the end. The Montecristo was delicious enough to make up for it.

I'm on vacation this week and today I had a Romeo y Julieta No1 tubos.
Tasty. :thumbs:

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 with a side of Woodford Reserve this afternoon. Another excellent Tat smoke. I've yet to smoke an unsavory Tat. :thumbs:

Enjoying a Padron '26 #2 Maddie right now in the gazebo area at the hotel I'm at. D-LISH.

Puffed away on a Tat Black while pulling the little red wagon half way across the country LOL!!! By the time we got back me and the little guy we done!!

Jose Seijas Robusto, from my newbie stash. Very enjoyable smoke, I did not want it to end. I had to use a Paperclip to smoke it to the very end. :D
Definitly one of my favorites :thumbs: . Closest stick to a cuban that I've smoked that was not a cuban.

Brian

As I write this I'm enjoying a Camacho 10yr Anni Corojo that is very creamy with that Corojo spice. Beautiful smoke.

Thanks #2

DeVonn mentioned how much he loved the H. Upmann Sir Winston '01, so I decided to give one a try. After punching and lighting it, I noticed the draw was very tight. I struggled with it for about 20 minutes before deciding to bin it and move onto something else. I took a quick trip back to the humi and pulled out a VR Famoso (Not one of the ones I'm holding onto as part of the GB). Ah, much better! I've got a couple more and will give one a try some time soon.

DeVonn mentioned how much he loved the H. Upmann Sir Winston '01, so I decided to give one a try. After punching and lighting it, I noticed the draw was very tight. I struggled with it for about 20 minutes before deciding to bin it and move onto something else. I took a quick trip back to the humi and pulled out a VR Famoso (Not one of the ones I'm holding onto as part of the GB). Ah, much better! I've got a couple more and will give one a try some time soon.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to light up one of my 2001 Sir Winnie's. I tried everything I could to loosen it up and get it going, but no luck. Not too happy about that. I hope the others don't do the same thing.

Today for me was a Bolivar torpedo from our favorite isom, not sure of the age as it was part of a bomb. Damn good... little bit of burn problems but nothing too annoying.

La Riqueza No. 5

These are very good cigars. Full of flavor and very well made. I don't get any kind of Padron vibe from them like some do, but they're damn fine cigars in their own right.

Thank you very much to the generous fella that sent me a few of these. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.