• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished a Padron 1964 principe. I've smoked probably 5 or 6 of these before and this was the first one I really enjoyed. I hope the next one is as enjoyable.

Last night a Rocky Patel Edge maduro, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to big a smoke for this newbie! I now know the difference between crap and something to bold for me. Followed it up with a CAO brazilia that was also a bit strong for me I think. Either that or I was still overwhelmed from the RP I couldn't finish.
Today I had a "Comacho" I think it was part of the last order from Thompson (I know, learned the lesson). Anyway it wasn't bad but then again I'm new so what do I know. It was much milder and easier for me to smoke though.

I've got another CAO America for you if you want it. It's a little "light" on flavor but what the hell it's worth a try right? I'll take that Brazillia off you if you want, i like the spice in that one.

Spelling sucks tonight, sorry.

I'll take you up on that, I'll PM you my addy, send me yours and I'll get that CAO out to you. Thanks!

Last night a Rocky Patel Edge maduro, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to big a smoke for this newbie! I now know the difference between crap and something to bold for me. Followed it up with a CAO brazilia that was also a bit strong for me I think. Either that or I was still overwhelmed from the RP I couldn't finish.
Today I had a "Comacho" I think it was part of the last order from Thompson (I know, learned the lesson). Anyway it wasn't bad but then again I'm new so what do I know. It was much milder and easier for me to smoke though.

I've got another CAO America for you if you want it. It's a little "light" on flavor but what the hell it's worth a try right? I'll take that Brazillia off you if you want, i like the spice in that one.

Spelling sucks tonight, sorry.

I'll take you up on that, I'll PM you my addy, send me yours and I'll get that CAO out to you. Thanks!

Great, addy pm'd, I was joking about the taste btw, it really wasen't that bad i just expected a bit more from such a dark wrap. I really hope you enjoy.

Had a Defiance by Xikar tonight, pretty pleased with this bad boy! Review to come tomorrow I hope.

I drove my son to college on Tuesday...we stopped at the Famous Rutt's Hut (Clifton, NJ) hot dog joint and had a few 'rippers' with onion rings. Then we clipped a couple of '06 RASS for the final leg to his school. They started out a little rough but really stepped up at about an inch in. We smoked those babies to the nub as we finally moved all his stuff into his apartment...a very nice 1+ hour smoke.

It was a great day with my kid & cigars.

Yesterday, I had a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary Torpedo Maduro.
It was my first Padron even though I have read so many good things about Padron cigar over and over.
Now I regret that it took me so long to try the first one!
I think my next step is to get a box of 3k Maduro.

Last night it was a Guapos Jr. and a RyJ Short Church. Both were tastey treats.

Mowed the lawn with a TS No. 50 maddie and then enjoyed a J21 with a semi-cold malt beverage.

yesterday, a maria mancini de gaulle, habana 2000 wrapper; today an avo 7-8-7 perfecto, connecticut shade wrapper.

With all the damn rain today I was only able to get in a Short Story this morning. It's really quite amazing how one's tastes change over time, and a relatively short period of it at that. I used to hoard these and Best Sellers when I first started smoking... I loved 'em! I hadn't smoked one in probably close to a year. Although it was still a good smoke, it just wasn't what I remembered it to be.

With all the damn rain today I was only able to get in a Short Story this morning. It's really quite amazing how one's tastes change over time, and a relatively short period of it at that. I used to hoard these and Best Sellers when I first started smoking... I loved 'em! I hadn't smoked one in probably close to a year. Although it was still a good smoke, it just wasn't what I remembered it to be.

Same here Devonn, I used to smoke alot of short stories. I still enjoy one here and there, great cigar but I am just in another phase at the moment. I seem to smokin alot of maduro's right now but in six months who knows what I will be smoking LOL!!

Yesterday I watch the Gators vs Hurr. and smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus. Good cigar, I think I gonna have to grab a few more of these!

Let's see....

Yesterday I smoked a Johnny-O! Corona Extra Pigtail and a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Perfecto.

Right now I'm having an Ashton VSG Illusion with my morning coffee, and a Padron 2000 Maduro.....

edit: to add

Today I had to entertain my wife's parents and grandparents. I grilled some nice flank steak half rubbed with cinnamon chipotle (which is great in mho) and the other half with montreal steak seasoning. After resting a bit I went out to relax and enjoy a stick. On my way out her step dad asks if I would be generous and give him one also. Ok no problem, but after watching his last two canoe terribly I now knew not to give him a good one. I had a AF 8-5-8 maddie I wanted to enjoy, but ended coming out with 2 Gurkha Napalese Warriors I got for cheap off CBid. Well my description of that cigar would best be described by The Blue Collar Comic Ron White. The skit how his wife uses the smoke alarm as a timer for cooking dinner. Ron proceeds to give his dog Sluggo the left overs. Sluggo begins licking his own ass and his wife says" What is he doing?" Ron: I think hes trying to get the taste out of his mouth. Well that is a perfect description of this cigar. Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.