• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Training Wheels Pass - FNG pt deux

Package did arrive, everything looks alright to my eyes. Hopefully it'll find Phlicker alright. I'll post my final P/T's tonite if anything changes, but I'm pretty sure thats what they are.

That Cusano 18 looks tempting but I don't know if I have anything to put :)
I'm ready...Bring it on!

Ready for impact

YOU BETTER APPRECIATE IT!!!

I was at the damn post office for 1.5 hours.
Can you say "Click and Ship"?
I appreciate it! :thumbs: The problem w/ click & ship for passes is that there is no real tracking until it lands. If you drop it off at the post office, at least you have confirmation that it was in fact dropped off. I have seen a pass disappear where the person did click and ship; it never showed up on the other end, and the post office showed no record of it ever being dropped off for delivery. The post office wouldn't try to track it down since they said it was never sent, and the guy claimed he sent it. What exactly happened is uncertain, but since the people in the pass new him well, they believed that he did ship the package. Click and ship is great for bombs, but I won't ever send a pass that way again.
Actually, you can do Click-n-Ship and have a pick-up confirmed; you just print out the optional SCAN form with the postage (Shipping Confirmation Acceptance Form) and leave it in your mailbox with the package when you schedule the pickup. The carrier will then scan the package and the form with his handheld when he/she picks up your mail, and then leave the SCAN form in your mailbox as a "receipt" of sorts. I do it with trades and bombs all the time, and when I check the DC# online, I see the time I created the label ("Electronic Shipping Info Received") AND the time/date/location of the pickup.

That being said, I probably wouldn't do Click-n-Ship with something as valuable as a pass. I'd be freaked out about leaving something that valuable outside all morning.

It's f'ing raining in Philly now. I'm assuming the package will arrive today since it only had to come from Jersey...I hope it doesn't sit outside and get wet all day. I'll post a follow-up.

-Mike

...oh, and Jay....DAMN! :thumbs:

ME AND MY LITTLE LADY

Ahhh! You fugger. :laugh: You would have been my last guess when AVB made that post last week. :thumbs:
Man, that is one of the best photoshop performances I have seen in a long time!! Good work! :thumbs:

The rest of you have just a couple days (today and tomorrow) to submit some pictures for the contest. Show us your best side ... or your better half!!!

Actually, you can do Click-n-Ship and have a pick-up confirmed; you just print out the optional SCAN form with the postage (Shipping Confirmation Acceptance Form) and leave it in your mailbox with the package when you schedule the pickup. The carrier will then scan the package and the form with his handheld when he/she picks up your mail, and then leave the SCAN form in your mailbox as a "receipt" of sorts. I do it with trades and bombs all the time, and when I check the DC# online, I see the time I created the label ("Electronic Shipping Info Received") AND the time/date/location of the pickup.

That being said, I probably wouldn't do Click-n-Ship with something as valuable as a pass. I'd be freaked out about leaving something that valuable outside all morning.

It's f'ing raining in Philly now. I'm assuming the package will arrive today since it only had to come from Jersey...I hope it doesn't sit outside and get wet all day. I'll post a follow-up.

-Mike
Good to know ... see, I learn something new every time I participate in a pass! :cool: But yea, I can't see the pass fitting in the mailbox very well. But if you have mail picked up at work, that might work out pretty well.

Man, that is one of the best photoshop performances I have seen in a long time!! Good work!

AVB has my back. :thumbs:

Timer for the shot.

The down side, she gets the cohibas. If this is a winner. I can live with that.

-Mike
Looks like the package showed up. How's it fairing? Any ideas on your P's and T's?

Boogs34 is out of town till Monday. But he said he would be ready for it when he gets back. :thumbs:

Looks like the package showed up. How's it fairing? Any ideas on your P's and T's?

Boogs34 is out of town till Monday. But he said he would be ready for it when he gets back. :thumbs:
The package just arrived today. Took 2 days from Jersey, which I thought was a little strange, but no matter. I had to mow the lawn before it started raining this afternoon, so I just managed to inspect the package and inventory it. Everything looks to be in great shape, and all sticks were accounted for. Since there's no mail tomorrow, I'll do my P's and T's either tonight or after Mass on Sunday and get this back out in the mail on Monday.

Now comes the fun part!

The package just arrived today. Took 2 days from Jersey, which I thought was a little strange, but no matter. I had to mow the lawn before it started raining this afternoon, so I just managed to inspect the package and inventory it. Everything looks to be in great shape, and all sticks were accounted for. Since there's no mail tomorrow, I'll do my P's and T's either tonight or after Mass on Sunday and get this back out in the mail on Monday.

Now comes the fun part!

Priority mail is always two days..it sucks when UPS is so much better for close shipping. Don't know how they'd take to me sending a priority mail box :)

My flight takes off tonight and I will be back at home tomorrow morning from Buenos Aires! :thumbs:

So when this puppy lands, I´ll be ready to roll! I figure it will get here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

My flight takes off tonight and I will be back at home tomorrow morning from Buenos Aires! :thumbs:

So when this puppy lands, I´ll be ready to roll! I figure it will get here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well what about my shopping list.... :whistling:

.....I'll wrangle up some old codger on here to be an impartial judge; I just don't know who yet....
..."old codger"...?? What....the.....hell....??.... :0

Gimme a second to take a nitro pill and find my reading glasses....fawker..... ;)

Looking things over now.....I'll have an announcement post ready later tonight.....unless I drop. Being an old codger, and all.....fawker....:laugh:

Later - B.B.S.

OK, I've had a chance to go through everything. Though the temptations were many, I tried to restrain myself to sticks I hadn't tried before and couldn't/hadn't bought for myself. Here's my proposal:

T: #34 A.F Don Carlos #3 (30-year Celebration); P: #48 WOAM
T: #42 Padilla Habano Robusto; P: #49 Padrón 3000 Maduro
T: #44 DCM #5; P: #50 LFD Double Ligero Lancero

Oh...and there's a hitchhiker: #51: FFOX xXx

How's that look?

.....I'll wrangle up some old codger on here to be an impartial judge; I just don't know who yet....

Gimme a second to take a nitro pill and find my reading glasses....fawker..... ;)

Looking things over now.....I'll have an announcement post ready later tonight.....unless I drop. Being an old codger, and all.....fawker....:laugh:

Later - B.B.S.
:laugh: ....................Sorry for the low content post. LMAO!

Anyone....anyone? Bueller...Bueller? I won't be able to take the package to work with me today, so if the feedback comes in after I leave, it'll be in the mail tomorrow.

I am back home in Washington DC and am excited to get in on this pass! I'll fetch a couple pics soon but will post some from my trip as well when I get those developed and uploaded.

.....So I'm going to have a little contest for the participants of this pass called, "Get to Know Your NooB". The object is to post up to three pictures of yourself that all tell a little something about you. One of those pictures must have you smoking a cigar. Judging will be subjective, but based around originality, creativity, and humor. Add a descriptive little paragraph around the picture so we know what the hell we are looking at, but most of the weight will be based on the pic.
....and, that's the criteria that Cory asked me to judge the three pics by. Smoking a cigar, telling the bunch a bit about yourself in photos.

Tough call, and I spent some time going back and forth looking at the pics. But, in the end, there can be only one winner and in this case the winner is....(envelope please)...IT'S A TIE..!! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE OLD CODGER JUDGE COULDN'T MAKE UP HIS MIND....!!! YAAAAYYYY....!!!! (....crowd goes wild, trashes convention hall, throwing liquor, chairs, etc......).... :laugh:

Good shots, all of them. But, at the end of the day, two sets caught my eye. Tomthirtysix's shots of a day at the ball park with his son, on the docks kicking back, and sharing a smoke with his pretty wife were very cool. But, so were jfields pics...!! First, a shot in front of Davidoff; got to give points there. Add a shot of his lovely wife and then kicking back with Cohiba in hand. Fantastic...!!

Now, Cory had put up one prize pack but I think between him and I we can get this handled. Cory - PM me, bro..... :cool:

Thanks again to all you guys for the photos and sharing a bit about yourself. Always fun to put a face to the names... :thumbs:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Edited because the old codger couldn't find his reading specs this AM.......

Wow... didn't think I had a shot... Thank you very much, both Cory for the contest, and BBS for choosing my entry.

Nice picks on the pictures B.B.S. As you said, the pics both guys posted were great! :thumbs:

Wow... didn't think I had a shot... Thank you very much, both Cory for the contest, and BBS for choosing my entry.

Wow! Me either..........Thanks for the contest and, putting on the pass letting me get my feet wet. Thanks for the nice gesture B.B.S. letting it be a tie.

Congrats Tom on your second contest win of the day....................Way to go! :thumbs:

T: #34 A.F Don Carlos #3 (30-year Celebration); P: #48 WOAM
T: #42 Padilla Habano Robusto; P: #49 Padrón 3000 Maduro
T: #44 DCM #5; P: #50 LFD Double Ligero Lancero
The first one is a little sketchy but I'll let it fly. The reason it is sketchy all revolves around the rarity of the cigar.

The second one just won't work. Do a little research and you should see why.

The third one is just fine.

LMK how you would like to modify these.

Anyone....anyone? Bueller...Bueller? I won't be able to take the package to work with me today, so if the feedback comes in after I leave, it'll be in the mail tomorrow.

Anyone can shoot me a PM or post questions about P's and T's prior to the pass showing up. :thumbs:

Thanks,
- C

Later - B.B.S.

If the shoe fits ... :laugh:

Tough call, and I spent some time going back and forth looking at the pics. But, in the end, there can be only one winner and in this case the winner is....(envelope please)...IT'S A TIE..!! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE OLD CODGER JUDGE COULDN'T MAKE UP HIS MIND....!!! YAAAAYYYY....!!!! (....crowd goes wild, trashes convention hall, throwing liquor, chairs, etc......).... :laugh:
A tie? Dang .. you trying to pay me back for calling you an old codger? Well maybe during your Alzheimer fit you just had a premonition of the PACNW HERF? :0 :p

Thanks BBS! We'll get 'em taken care of. :)

Anyone can shoot me a PM or post questions about P's and T's prior to the pass showing up. :thumbs:
I called this pass the "Training Wheels Pass" to help the new guys get on their feet, see how things work, and get a feel of being in a pass. I would highly recommend everyone look and see if you think the proposed Ps and Ts would match up. Do a little research, some calculations, and even feel free to post your thoughts here. HOWEVER, this is not to turn into a pissing match; this is a learning experience and you are part of this pass. No matter what was said, my decision is final. :thumbs: