• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Tonight’s entertainment? Joe Bonamossa! The 1 hour drive up to Clearwater took over 2 hours due to an accident. Luckily we left early. Once we got there, we found a pizza joint that smelled delicious. My order was delivered to the table 20 minutes after my wife got hers. I’m pissed. I took the 1st bite of pizza and burned the roof of my mouth. Now I got that skin thingy hanging down. Oh well, show starts at 7! At 6:25 I got a text that the show’s been postponed because JB is sick. Now we are going back home…some days it’s rough being me!
Several positive things I took from this... 1. It wasn't you in that accident. 2. JB was sick, and not you or your family, and 3. You made it back home safely :)

Rehab is where they make the money. MY MIL was sent to rehab at 92 years old for memory training!!!!! and when I had my back operation, the normal,stay was 5 days. I ended up staying 45 days, rode a bike for 30 minutes 3 days a week and did puzzles for the mind 2 days a week for 30 minutes/day. There ain't going to be a next time For this pug.

Completely out of the blue. Reason given was “business decision” / cutting costs. The real reason is it’s cheaper to hire programmers in India.

I’ll have to go back to contract work I guess.

Sorry to hear that, honestly I am. I voluntarily left a company after 20 years and the next 2 spots I landed, I was laid off. The first one hit my pride the hardest. The 2nd hit my savings harder than the first.

Here's to hoping you get back up on your feet quickly and not much is missed. Will be thinking about you and your journey, let me know if you need anything or advice.

Sorry to hear that, honestly I am. I voluntarily left a company after 20 years and the next 2 spots I landed, I was laid off. The first one hit my pride the hardest. The 2nd hit my savings harder than the first.

Here's to hoping you get back up on your feet quickly and not much is missed. Will be thinking about you and your journey, let me know if you need anything or advice.
Thanks! Appreciate it and very glad to be a part of this community where I’ve got some great brothers(and probably sisters) to lean on.

I’m in a lot better shape than in 2006 when I was unemployed, building a house with a 2 year old son and was still unemployed when my daughter was born in 2008. I did work construction jobs for cash while I was in college during that time, but it was rough.

I just spent the last hour or so locking down my credit reports.

Lifelock alerted me that the AT&T breach exposed my name, number, address, and SSN.

Which explains the sudden burst of spam calls calling me by name and trying to sell me medical insurance.

Starting to wonder if I should change my phone number...

I just spent the last hour or so locking down my credit reports.

Lifelock alerted me that the AT&T breach exposed my name, number, address, and SSN.

Which explains the sudden burst of spam calls calling me by name and trying to sell me medical insurance.

Starting to wonder if I should change my phone number...
Ugh, it’s such a pain, isn’t it? You should also gain online access to your ssn through mygov? I think it’s something like that. It’s fairly easy, and you can make sure someone isn’t using your ssn to collect benefits.

As for the spam calls, not sure what to do about that. Google your number and try to remove it everywhere it’s posted. But I equate that to the election cycle more than anything else, even if it’s not election related.

I block/report at least 3-10 per week lately, but I’ve gone months with nothing. It ebbs and flows..

Ugh, it’s such a pain, isn’t it? You should also gain online access to your ssn through mygov? I think it’s something like that. It’s fairly easy, and you can make sure someone isn’t using your ssn to collect benefits.

As for the spam calls, not sure what to do about that. Google your number and try to remove it everywhere it’s posted. But I equate that to the election cycle more than anything else, even if it’s not election related.

I block/report at least 3-10 per week lately, but I’ve gone months with nothing. It ebbs and flows..
Good call on the gov website, I forgot to look there.

Good call on the gov website, I forgot to look there.
Ya it can be a pain. I had a login for my global entry, but I did the face unlock with my phone. Well my old phone. So I had a 2 day process of deleting the account to make a new one so I could log in and set it up. But it works just like they say it will.

Ya it can be a pain. I had a login for my global entry, but I did the face unlock with my phone. Well my old phone. So I had a 2 day process of deleting the account to make a new one so I could log in and set it up. But it works just like they say it will.

Got logged in this morning. Didn't see anything weird.
Not terribly worried about it, because I've fully expect LL to earn their keep after all the money we've paid them since we got held up in 2011.